Chapter 3

My Best Friend Has a Twin

Kwangmin pointed toward the fridge behind him as he made his way to it, "Ah, we'll have to go out to eat dinner later, but you want anything to drink, hyung?" 

 

"No, I'm good." Youngmin took a seat on his brother's couch, "How's everything? You know, living alone and all.."

 

"Great." Kwangmin grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and turned to his brother, "Why'd you ask?"

 

Youngmin shrugged, continuing the conversation, "How's dad?"

 

"I wouldn't know." The younger twin hopped over the couch and sat next to his brother. "Hellooooo? Kind of living alone here."

 

"You should check up on him once in a while." Youngmin suggested while looking into the palm of his hands.

 

Kwangmin sighed, "No, thanks." Dropping the topic at hand, he the TV, "How about you? How's mom and everything?"

 

"She's good... We're good." The older twin paused for a moment, contimplating if he should inform is brother about their mother's current events.


 

Yunri puffed out a sigh as she tossed some of her clothes into the hamper at the corner of her room.

 

"Stupid laundry," She tossed another shirt in, "Why can't you just stay clean?"

 

Yunri closed her eyes as she fell back into her bed. As she laid there she thought to herself, 'I need a maid.'

 

"I really wish I could have a Jiho oppa." She then opened her eyes to gaze at her precious Kim Hyun Joong posters on her ceiling.

 

"EHH?!?!?!" Yunri bolted up and stared up in disbelief. Her favorite poster of her dream husband was vadalized with a black sharpie marker that gave the idol a beard, devil horns, and an eye patch.

 

"JO KWANGMIIIIIIIIIIN!"


 

The Jo twins sat on the couch quietly, blankly staring at the TV, having nothing to talk about.

 

Yougmin turns to his brother, "Kwangmin, you know..."

 

The younger twin tilts his head to look at his brother.

 

"Mom... Mom is actually-"

 

"JO KWANGMIN. OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW," both flinched when Yunri banged on the door abusively

 

"Aish," Kwangmin cringed and sighed, remembering what he did to entertain himself while his best friend was gone, "Why does she have to do this now?"

 

Youngmin looked at his brother with concern.

 

As he watched his younger twin walk toward the door he thought to himself, 'She sounds like she'll kill him.. what did he do?"

 

"Uhm," Youngmin stood up before Kwangmin got to the door, "Kwangmin, how about I answer the door?"

 

"EHHH??!" Kwangmin's eyebrows raised, wondering if his brother had a death wish, "Do you not hear her??"

 

"KWANGMIN! I SWEARRRR, I AM GOING TO KILL YOU THIS TIME." Yunri kicked the door after several bangs, "OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!"

 

Youngmin lightly pushed his brother away from the door, "It'll be fine."

 

"Yah, Hyung. Do you have a death wish or something?"

 

Youngmin pursed his lips as he put a hand on the door.  He thought back to how nervous she was when she found out he was not Kwangmin, but his twin brother- basically a stranger, "Something tells me I'll be okay."

 

"I don't wanna watch this.." A shudder coarses through Kwangmin's body before his brother completely opens the door. He dashes towards another door, "I'll be in the bathroom!"

 

As he shuts the bathroom door, Kwangmin mutters a quiet 'good luck.'

 

Youngmin shakes his head in amusement, and finally opens the door fully,

 

"KWANGMIN, I SWEAR. I'M TAKING MY SPARE KEYS BACK," Yunri's eyes are shut, but she's yelling at the top of her lungs, thinking the door is still closed. "YOU'RE GOING TO REPLACE MY PRECIOUS POSTER AND-"

 

She finally realizes that the door is open; and by the light hair color and calm demeanor of the guy in front of her- she wasn't going to make the same mistake again.

 

This certainly wasn't Kwangmin. She had almost forgot about her unexpected encounter earlier in the day.

 

Yunri is silent for a moment and offers an awkward smile, "....Youngmin... was it?"

 

Youngmin smiles at her expectingly, he thinks to himself, 'I knew it. She's shy."

 

"Uhm," Yunri clears , and looks anywhere but directly at the person in front of her, "Is.. Where is Kwangmin?"

 

"YAH!" The two at the door hear a burst from the side of the room.

 

It was Kwangmin emerging out of the bathroom. He stalks over to Yunri, "Why are you so calm and quiet now?! You were just about to kill me!!"

 

Yunri glares at her best friend, she lets out a low growl, "My poster...."

 

Kwangmin freezes and his eyes go wide, "Crap." He now realizes he should have stayed in the bathroom.

 


 

Kwangmin holds a cold soda can to his head. He face scrunches as he keeps it in place, "I swear, you're going to leave brain damage on me one day."

 

"Well, stop messing with my stuff when I'm gone."

 

Back at Kwangmin's apartment, Yunri repeatedly threw items at Kwangmin and managed to hit the same spot on his head continously.  She wouldn't have stopped if Youngmin didn't step in with the suggest to immediately replace her posters.

 

So now, the three are walking to the shopping center.

 

"I can't believe you're making me do this while my brother is in town."

 

Yunri snapped at her friend, "Yah, you're the one who vandalized my stuff! Aigoo, you're like a puppy that's been left alone for too long- you end up recking everything."

 

Kwangmin comments on the obvious, "But you couldn't wait a coupe of days?" 

 

Youngmin decides to step in before the argument continues, "It's okay, Kwangmin. I suggested we go anyway."

 

"Are you sure, Hyung?" Kwangmin jabs a thumb in Yunri's direction, "The brat can learn to wait."

 

Yunri makes a face at Kwangmin, but continues walking.

 

Youngmin smiles at Yunri's act, "It's fine." He looks back to his brother with a wink, "Gives us something to do anyway."

 

Kwangmin nods and watches his brother walk up next to Yunri, observes them conversating.

 

He tilts his head a bit as he looks at his best friend and brother merely steps ahead.

 

Kwangmin thinks to himself, 'Why is she so calm with him?'