The beginning of an end.

Coexisting with the Devil

 

White. Pure white.

I'm an angel. A heavenly being, a messenger of god, etc. I'm a lot of things, but I'm simply Seohyun.

I'll tell you my story, it may not be the happiest but it's worth reading. 

What is different of me, are my unique pair of wings.

The day I turned ten, my world fell apart. A war took place in my home, heaven. The demons arrived, and the "good" side seemed to be losing. 

The leader of the demons, Lucifer, entered my home and slaughter my dear family. I heard the screams of my father begging for mercy, even in his end when blood kept bursting from his wounded abdomen, he kept praying and praying. Thanks to the sacrifice of my father, my mother was able to run and in a moment of panic, she hide me in the wardrobe.

Just when the monster thought he had ended his work, he turned around and opened the closet with an incredible speed. In an instinctively way, I let my wings out. Trying to protect myself. What a horrible mistake I made.

The monster grab me in his arms. His strong arms locked my small, fragile body. He couldn't take his eyes off my wings. My body was trembling and at the touch of the demon my body seemed to break.

An angel and a demon can never coexist.

"What a beautiful pair of wings"

He said as his pass his fingers through my wings, leaving a trace of pain and hotness. I took a glance of my wings from the mirror placed in my mother's dressing table. I remember seeing her from the reflection, brushing my hair very carefully while she sang me a soft lullaby. 

A sad smile appeared on my face as I remembered my mother, bitter tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

"Open your wings completely."

His eyes kept staring at my wings even when he ordered me. As he said I opened them, showing its full magnificence.

My wings were pretty, I would dare to say gorgeous. They were delicately beautiful and had a unique glow. Angels have different color of wings, there are grey, dotted, creamed colored. Tons of colors. Some of the angels have grey, or dotted wings but my family had a pure lineage. The whitest wings.My wings were as white as snow, and like snow if you stared at them for to long you could go mad or enter in trance.

A devilish smile appeared on his face and a shiver run down my spine. His dark eyes showed no emotion, but his body language showed possessiveness.

He wanted me, more like my wings, but ripping or hurting an angels wings was a sin. The legend told, a curse would fell to the person that dare to touch the wings of an angel. Even for the king of the underworld it was too dangerous.

He craved for my wings. So he made a deal with the king of heaven.

They would stop the invasion in exchange for me. I wish my God had fight for me. He simply accepted and said "It was the best for all of us."

"My dear angel, your wings now belong to me." He said as he passed his fingers through my hair.

I knew. Not only my wings but my life.

 


It's been 11 years since my captor took me out of my habitat. I've learned to leave in the underworld. It is a very hot place, but it's definitely not how my God taught me.

One would think Hell is awful, but it's very beautiful. It has tons of red. The flowers, buildings, everything had at least a shade of red. The demons weren't ugly, actually all of them had an unnatural beauty, when I asked my captor about it he said it was in they're genes. A demon is beautiful to tempt its prey.

I been leaving in a tower like Rapunzel. My captor thought it was best for me to live here. No one could see my wings but him.I couldn't talk to anyone, nor could I see anyone. No one except him.

It was ritual for him. Everyday he would come to my tower. Look at my wings and then leave. Sometimes I would annoy him and refuse to let my wings out. Once he even begged me. My wings were his source of power.

I never quite understood what was so special of my wings, what I did know was that Lucifer got cranky, and insane if he didn't touch them or see them.Sometimes he spend days touching them, passing his fingers through them. He ordered me to stay still until he finished appreciating my wings I couldn't move or talk, like a corpse.

At the beginning I would always do what he wanted but now that I know his weakness, I amuse myself making him suffer. But just a little. I notice that if he doesn't see my wings for a certain time he is unable to focus, gets cranky, and pretty piss off. Very entertaining to see. I heard from the guards that he once killed one of his soldiers just because he talked about my wings.

"Yunho could you buy me some sweets, I'm just in the mood for some."

"Fine"

I call Lucifer, Yunho. It's less creepy.

I tried to love Yunho as a man, but he is just so dull. I really felt lonely but loving my captor was insane. I decided to be with him as a creature coexisting with another, just spending time there.

Yunho pampers me a lot. He knows he has to keep me happy or I won't let him see my wings.

Another day and as usual Yunho left my room, and again I was alone in my big, beautiful tower.

I sat in my soft, fluffy bed and took a glimpse of myself from the mirror in my wall. I had grown in to a nice woman I must say. I had the exact amount of curves and a beautiful face, but no one to admire it. Not even my captor.

Yunho keeps me very healthy, with exotic foods, full of vitamins and other beverages. He claims is for my well being, but I know it's because if I wasn't healthy neither would my wings be.

The window was stuck, I tried with all my might but it was useless. I look at the clock in the wall.

4:00 PM

It was time. I looked through the window and waited for the only person I cared to appear.

A slim, tall figure appeared and my whole body became less tensed. Seeing him was the only moment of the day where I felt truly happy. I looked at him wearing his black suit that fitted him perfectly, his looks, an aura were just perfect.

I continue looking at him, until he suddenly stopped and looked in my direction. He then extended his hand, and a tear rolled down my cheek as the tip of my fingers touched the cold, hard glass. The same one that kept me apart from him.

An unknown woman had her fingers locked in his hair as he kissed her fiercely, and in the most passionate way I had ever seen.They became one, and I looked at him the whole time. Hoping it was me the one he was touching.

He was such a beautiful man, but a womanizer. All demons where like that, beautiful yet liars.

I had no reasons to feel angry nor sad, but my whole body hurt. Especially the organ that kept me alive. 

Bitter tears continue rolling down my face and I took all my anger out by smashing and destroying my beautiful room or should I say cage? I took my perfume in my hand, and hold it until my knuckles turned white. With all my strength and wrath I threw it directly at the mirror.

A loud crash was heard and I heard footsteps running like crazy to my door. Yunho entered and embrace me. My head was close to his cold chest and I heard the horrible sound of his heartbeat.

"Dear why is your behavior like this."

"You said Changmin could never love someone."

"He's incapable of loving. He's a demon, honey."

He patted my head and caressed my back.

"I saw him with a woman."

"So dear? You know him, always playing with women"

"The same woman from yesterday. This is the first time he plays around with the same woman twice."

He body tensed, and pushed me softly, so he could see my face.

"Are you feeling envy?" He touched my chin, and looked directly into my eyes.

As an angel I was forbidden to feel any of the seven sins, but I'm a fallen angel, so it.

"I didn't meant to. It was Changmin's fault."

"Show me your wings."

"No"A little smile appeared on my lips."Kill that woman or Changmin, then I'll show you my wings."

A sarcastic laugh escaped Yunho's lips "Now you're ordering me? Who do you think you are! Keep your place, dirty angel! Your kind and yourself are only alive because of those wings, so you know what would happen if you stained them!"

Staining an angels wings could only be achieved by breaking a commandments, or committing a sin.

"You want my wings, and I want freedom. I know the solution."I let out my wings, Yunho watched them in awe. "If I do this,  you could have them forever."

I took out the scissors I had in my drawer since the day I was locked up in this tower and put them around my wing, I hold my breath.

"Let's end this."

Cut after cut, blood continue running. The pain was incredible, my whole body was burning up, bitter tears kept running through my face and I continue cutting. Blood staining the once beautiful floor. 

I turn to see Yunho and he had taken a sit in the corner of the room. He was observing me, like a scientific observing his piece of work.

After all, I've always been his little experiment.

At the end of cutting the second wing, my arms were trembling and my face pale. No more tears where left and the pain had lessened. It must have been from the loss of blood.

Yunho came closer and for a moment I thought, he would help me but silly me, he kneeled in front of me and extended his hand.I handed him my now bloody wings. My eyelids where closing but I kept strong to see Yunho breaking down.

When my wings had contact with Yunho, they turned black as the night. "I can't believe you fall for that, stupid demon."

Yunho tried to bring me back, he needed the beauty of my wings but they were long lost. He yelled for help, and cried for time to go back.

I laughed at his misery one more time and after all this years, I finally said what I had wanted to say since the moment my life fell apart.

"I hope, this is the last time we see each other. "

I exhaled my last breath to never wake up.


 

At least, not like an angel.

Wonder what the punishment for harming an angel wings is?

Reviving in a new world, as a mortal.

Now I live as mortal, worrying about when I'll die, if a disease will take me away or other greedy human will.

I found beautiful stuff down here like love, art, and incredible landscapes but humans don't appreciate it and only destroy these treasures with hate, greed, and envy.

Yunho was a monster, but sadly at the very end I became one too, and I believe an even darker monster. All the beauty is the same, every single time. Heaven, hell, Earth, Yunho and even myself all of us where dragged to misery. 

Something I learned in my life as an angel was that at the bottom of all beauty lies something inhuman.

 

And that ladies and gentlemen is the god damn truth...