Memories

Last Night

 

Goodbye.
 
 
I woke up from my deep sleep as a gentle breeze touches my cheek. I was panting and cold sweats were running down from my forehead. I sat up and looked beside me, only to find you gone. My heart began to race and I began to call out for your name. Silence was the only reply I received.
 
 
Where could’ve you been?
 
 
I looked all around me and realized that I am not in our room. The walls that were painted with your favorite color are replaced with a dull white. It doesn’t even have our wedding portrait in it. The smell of this room doesn’t even have your sweet smell. It even smelt weird.
 
 
Where am I? 
 
 
I can still remember that you were laughing to some cheesy lines that I was saying to you, although I noticed that your laugh is somehow not real and your eyes were full of sadness. I still can remember how I held you in my arms and we made love like there’s no tomorrow. You were even crying when I slowly claimed your body and when I was about to asked you why, you kissed my lips lovingly and hugged me tightly. My heart was blooming with happiness as I felt how much you really love me.
 
 
Last night, we both slept in each other’s arms. But where are you? What am I doing in this room?
 
 
I saw my phone on the table beside me and hurriedly grab it. I began looking for any missed calls from you. I know you will be very worried if you will find out that I am not beside you since I don’t have any business trips lined up on my schedule. 
 
 
There are some recent calls from my parents, from Seohyun, and from some of my friends, but none from you. I felt disappointed when I haven’t seen your name, so I decided to just call you to let you know where I am.
 
 
The feeling of disappointment was soon replaced with excitement as I saw your name on my phone’s contact list and began to dial it. I can feel my heart beat fast with thoughts of hearing your voice. 
 
 
Why am I feeling all giddy? I feel like some teenage kid who will be talking to their long time crush for the first time. Maybe it was because of how you made me feel last night. I can’t help but smile to myself.
 
 
“Hi. This is Sungmin-”
 
 
“Minnie! Baby, I miss you!” I replied happily, not allowing him to finish the rest of his sentence. Oh! How I really miss his lovely voice.
 
 
“Kyu, we just saw each other last night.” 
 
 
I can imagine the way he giggles while saying those words. I can’t help but smile at how adorable he looks. Ah! I am so crazily in love with him even after how many years we have been together.
 
 
“I know. But I feel so lonely after waking up without you by my side.” I said with a pout.
 
 
“You’re so cheesy, Kyu.” I know he’s blushing right now from the tone of his voice.
 
 
“You know I can’t go on without you in my life, Minnie. So, don’t leave me okay? You have to promise.”
 
 
I waited for his reply. But my disappointment returned when I heard his next words.
 
 
“Please leave your message after this beep.”
 
 
Why?
 
 
Why can’t you just answer me instead of saying that to me? You always forgive me when I made mistakes. You even accepted me after finding out that I cheated with Seohyun behind your back. Do you hate me now? Are you the one who brought me to this place last night while I was in a deep sleep after we made love?
 
 
Tears pour down from my eyes and I cannot control myself from sobbing hard. My chest hurts and I badly need you to comfort me. But it seems like you are going far away from me. What have I done for you to make me feel this way?
 
 
I need to get out of this place and go home to talk to you. I need to see you.
 
 
With shaking legs, I went towards the door and opened it. I peeked outside to make sure no one was roaming around. I don’t know this place; I don’t know where I am. But one thing I’m sure, I have to get out of here so I can see you. After seeing that there was no one on the hallway, I hurriedly ran out of that place. 
 
 
Outside, it was raining hard and I could only care less. I wanted to see you so I kept on running and ignore the heavy rain pouring down on me.
 
 
Images of you flashed before me. Your beautiful face that I love to caress, your doe-like eyes that hypnotizes me, your perfectly shaped nose that I love to pinch, your bow-shaped lips that I had kissed a million of times, your milky-white skin that feels like heaven under my touches, your body that I had taken so many times; the you who belongs to me, I really miss you.
 
 
“Kyuhyun”
 
 
Even though the rain was pouring down from the sky angrily, your gentle voice is all I can hear loud and clear. I can hear you keep calling out my name so I ran so hard without minding the tiredness I’m feeling. 
 
 
“I’m coming home, baby.”
 
 
 
End of POV
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“Patient from Room 137 had escaped again. The police had been informed and they are on their way in finding him. As for his parents, we are still trying to contact them.” The head of the Psychiatric Unit announced as soon as they find out that their patient Cho Kyuhyun had escaped again for the second time.
 
 
Cho Kyuhyun was admitted to the unit six months ago after going through a major depression and numerous suicidal attempts following the death of his better half, Lee Sungmin. He would always be found staring into nothingness while whispering Sungmin’s name countless of times. He cannot remember what happened in the present as he was stuck with the last memories he had with Sungmin on the night before he died. 
 
 
Kyuhyun would always wake up at three in the morning, the same time when Sungmin woke up and decided to leave him.  He will look around him and would always wonder where he is. He would then look for his phone and began calling Sungmin’s number. The voice mail on the other line, which belongs to Sungmin, would welcome him and he will began imagining that he is talking with the one he loves.
 
 
Kyuhyun’s parents were the ones who brought him to the hospital after witnessing him cutting himself many times. When they find out Sungmin’s death, they can’t help but rejoice. But soon their happiness was replaced with guilt and grief as they saw how their son’s behavior changes each day. The better future that they had wanted their son to have without Sungmin around has been crushed into pieces, and they have known that Sungmin is their only son’s life and happiness.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~
 
 
 
“I’m home!”
 
 
Kyuhyun excitedly called and went inside the house that he used to live in. He ran towards the room where he once shared happy moments with Sungmin, not minding that he was wetting the floor. He opened the door and smiled as he saw the bed and the sweet scent of Sungmin that he really knew welcomes him. He walked towards his closet and opens a small box. He sighed in relief as he saw that it was still there. He grabbed it before going to the bed. He laid his tired body and closed his eyes. 
 
 
“Happy Third Wedding Anniversary, Baby.” He whispered to himself. “I can’t believe that we have come this far, and that I am falling more and more in love with you as the day goes by. Remember our promise? We said that we will never leave each other no matter what happens.”
 
 
Tears soon fell down from Kyuhyun’s closed eyes and he smiled bitterly.
 
 
“But you broke that. You left me. Six months ago, you were still in my arms and when I woke up, you were gone forever from me. I felt so useless of not being able to protect you against those hurtful words that my parents have been throwing at you. I feel like I’m the worst man in the world for having to cheat on you, even though you had already forgiven me. I know you hate me, and I deserve this. But I can’t live without you. It’s been six months, and I can’t anymore go on living like this. I want to be with you again.”
 
 
Kyuhyun opened his eyes and looked at the thing that he found inside his closet. He smirked as he put it in his head. “What’s the use of living without my dearest Sungmin beside me? Just wait a little and I’ll be with you in a while.”
 
 
Kyuhyun was about to pull the trigger of the gun he was holding when a loud voice called out his name. He looked at the owner of the voice and his eyes widened in disbelief.
 
 
“Mr. Cho, that’s enough. Put that gun down.” 
 
 
Those doe-like eyes, the perfectly shaped nose, those bow-shaped lips, they all resembles him.
 
 
“Mr. Cho, I’m here. Please, put that gun down.”
 
 
That gentle voice.
 
 
“S-Sungmin?”
 
 
 
 
 
E_N_D
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------
 
(a/n) That's Sandeul, actually. Kyuhyun mistook him as Sungmin. hehe
So, that's it. Thanks to all of you *hugs*