Chapter Eleven

Not Just Friends

A/N: Hi~! Finally updating this story after a long time. Sorry if it may seem a little dull, I began to lose my inspiration once I got to the end. But I hope you enjoy!

P.S.  Bold Underline is for links. Italics are for thoughts.


Mi Eun POV

A Few Months Later…

“Mi Eun-ah finish unpacking and come down to eat.”

“Okay appa.”

I finished putting my things away in my new room and went downstairs to the kitchen. I saw a widespread of food on the table.

“Appa did you make all of this?”

“Yes I did. And it’s all for you. Welcome to California Mi-Eun.”

I hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you appa.”

I sat down at the table and began to pile food onto my plate.

“After you eat, I have a little surprise for you.”

“Surprise? What is it?”

“You’ll see. Now eat up.”

I began to eat quickly so I could find out what my surprise was. After my last bite, I pushed my plate away and looked at my dad.

“Now about that surprise appa.”

My dad handed me a pair of keys. My eyes grew big.

“That white BMW in the driveway is yours now.”

I squealed and ran over to give my dad a hug.

“Thank you!”

“Oh and there is somebody at the beach waiting for you. You better hurry.”

Who could be waiting for me? I walked out of the door and got into my new car. I pulled out of the driveway and drove towards the beach. Once I arrived, I got out of the car and walked up to the boardwalk.

From: Appa

To: Mi Eun

He’s waiting for you at the end of the boardwalk. Have fun!

I was getting very anxious now. Who is it? I walked to the end and saw a familiar figure looking out at the ocean. When I got closer and could tell who it was, tears were on the brim of falling and I called out to him.

“Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung turned around and smiled at me. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. The tears began to fall nonstop and he kissed my lips passionately. He put me down and pulled me into another hug. Jinyoung tilted my chin up so I was looking at him and wiped my tears away.

“Why are you crying jagi?” He asked.

“I thought I wasn’t going to see you again.” I said still crying.

“Well, here I am.” He chuckled.

“I see.”

“Come on let’s go.”

We took off our shoes and began to walk along the shore with our hands intertwined. Jinyoung looked over at me and smiled.

“Oppa..”

“Yeah?”

“Why are you here? I thought you said you didn’t get in to UCLA.”

“Well, I didn’t.”

“Then why?”

“Because I got accepted into USC.”

My eyes grew wide.

“What?!”

“Yeah. After you left, another letter came from USC saying I got in.”

I jumped on him and hugged him tightly.

“That’s great babe.”

“Oh there’s another surprise for you.”

“What?”

“Look ahead.”

I looked in front of me and saw Mi Jae and Baro. I ran over to them and hugged them both.

“What are you guys doing here?”

“We came with Jinyoung to spend some time with you.” Baro replied.

“Aww thanks guys. When do you have to go back?”

“We aren’t going back.” Mi Jae said.

“What do you mean?”

“We’re going to school here.”

“No way!”

Jinyoung walked up to us and wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Yeah I got into UCLA and Baro got into USC with Jinyoung.”

“That’s great you guys.”

“We should go hang out at the boardwalk.” Jinyoung said.

“Let’s go!”

 Jinyoung POV

After walking the boardwalk and experiencing all the entertainment there was, we decided to go get some ice cream. I paid for me and Mi Eun’s ice cream and Baro paid for him and Mi Jae’s. We sat down at a table nearby and began eating our ice cream.

“So where is Mi Rae and the other guys?” I asked.

“Mi Rae didn’t get into any of the colleges here. So she’s going to Seoul National Univerisity.” Mi Jae responded.

“And the boys, they got into colleges back home as well.” Baro said.

“It would have been nice if we could all go to the same school.” Mi Eun stated.

“I know, but maybe it wasn’t meant for all of us to come here together.” I said.

“Maybe.”

After we finished our ice cream, we headed back to Mi Eun’s dad’s house. Once we arrived, Baro and I walked the girls up to the door. I hugged Mi Eun and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll see you later then.” I said.

“Yeah. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Baro and I got into his car and headed towards our dorms.