end. ♡

봄을그리다 ● Painting Spring

That Past Spring. We painted the sky together, but now I’m the only one who shamefully painted it again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I stood there. Taking photos of the field, thinking of some things I should’ve left in the city. I should really forget her and about us. She has left me, I need to move on.

I usually don’t like taking pictures of landscapes and places, but this time I was completely immersed in taking photos of the country side. What has come to me? Just because I am moving on with another chapter of my life, doesn’t mean I’m also changing.

I kept on taking photos until a person appeared on my lens. Finally, a person in this deserted place, it wasn’t a tourist spot but the area is good when you’re trying to have a peace of mind. It’s good to know I’m not alone. I took some photos of her unknowingly and approached her. As soon as I came nearer to her, she walked away. I guess she’s also trying to move one with her past relationship and she doesn’t want any guy to talk to her. Indeed, I’ve chosen a good location for me to move on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I sat there. Trying to think what’s missing. Painting is my life, I’ve been doing it since I can remember. My Dad’s a calligrapher and it’s a shame I couldn’t even live up to his name. Art is already part of my blood, and being kicked out from your job because you lack of creativity, affects me a lot.

I pull out my notebook, and started thinking all the things that inspired me. I can’t think of anything. I can’t. ‘What’s missing?’ I sighed. Maybe tomorrow it’ll come to me, I need sleep, maybe. I stood up and left.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After a long and hard day yesterday, Myungsoo decided to take a stroll at the town He visited. There are lots of café and thrift shops he saw. Until a shop that sells camera caught his eye, it wasn’t really a shop for camera, but the display has lots of vintage cameras you can buy without spending to many money and He haven’t seen that anywhere.

 

He entered the old shop, and a girl with a beautiful smile greeted him, “Good Morning.” He couldn’t utter a word, instead he bowed and looked at the camera’s display case. He didn’t know what came to him but he felt shy after both of their eyes met. He thought that girl looked familiar, and remembered she was the one he took photos of yesterday.

“How much are these?” He turned around and asked. The girl was busy wiping the glass window from outside. Myungsoo observed her for a while, until she saw him and smiled.

“What can I help you with?” She peeked at the door.

“Ahh, this one” he pointed the cameras.

“Oh, we’re not selling those. It belongs to my grandfather, he lives upstairs. He’s just displaying that to attract customers. I don’t even think that’s attractive enough” She entered the shop and responded.

“Not attractive? These are not attractive?” He blurted. “If it’s not attractive, then give it to me instead.” Myungsoo gave an uptight look.

“Nice try but it’s not mine in the first place.” She gave him a relaxed look.

Both of them exchanged looks until Myungsoo started to turn red. He turned away “I’ll get going now then.”

When he started walking to the door, “Wait, I still haven’t asked you this… What’s your name?”

“We don’t need to know each other’s name” he replied. “because if we do, we would have to care for each others feelings.”

“What feelings?" she giggled "... but Okay then.” Nara nodded in agreement.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Next Day was a perfect weather. Both Nara and Myungsoo met along the way as both of them were going to the same place, went to the fields where he first saw her.

“Have you been following me?” Nara questioned.

“No, but the question is have you been following me?” Myungsoo replied.

“You wish.” She scoffed. “Do you live here?” Nara tried to start a conversation with a new found acquaintance. The town is only visited by tourists very seldom, and mostly teens moves to cities and doesn’t stay on town.

“Have you seen me here before?” he replied back with a question.

“No, I’m here for vacation only. So I don’t really know who’s living here currently. You see, I’ve never really lived here for a long time, I was born here but didn’t grew up here.” Nara continued to speak even Myungsoo was barely listening.

“You really talk a lot, and don’t tell me a lot of things. It’ll spoil the fact that we don’t really know each others name.” He spoke after a minute or two of her talking, and Nara pouted and continue to speak where she last ended.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As hours completely pass by, both unknowingly enjoyed each other’s company. They shared how they ended up going here, how art is valuable in there life, Laughing about non-sense things, how smiling makes them ugly, how both of them have very short-temper, and how they spend their sleepless nights waiting for another episode of animes are going to air and knowing they have the same birthday makes them more comfortable with each other; Even they don’t know each other name, they’re enjoying each others company.

 

After the day the met, the next day, the day after that and the other day after that, they kept on meeting and bumping into each other unintentionally.

The same place, same view and same people. Myungsoo and Nara spend another day of their vacation on the place where he first saw her.

“You know what’s good with awkward silent?” Myungsoo popped the question after some minutes of silence in between their conversations. “….that’s when you know you’ve found someone special.. Where you can stop a minute of talking and comfortably enjoy the silence”

“We know a lot of things about each other” Nara spoke “but we don’t know each others name.”

I love you” words came out of Nara’s mouth, he was caught completely off-guard.

“How do you love me?” Myungsoo asked “..you don’t even know my name.”

“I really don’t know this feeling at all. All I just know that…” Nara replied “when I’m with you, I feel so happy. Is this with they call love?” she hugged him in tears, but he pushed her lightly.

“No.” He was completely flustered. “… I came here with a reason to forget my girlfriend, and last night, she said she’ll beg for me to come back to her. I’m really sorry.”

Without saying a word, Myungsoo walked away, leaving Nara a mess. Myungsoo looked back, and their eyes met “Sometimes not knowing each other will set each other free more easier.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We painted the beautiful sky during the past spring; one by one we drew each and every flower’s petals. But our spring has faded away. The paint got blurrier and blurrier, and we have to repaint them. 

We painted together, but you grew away from me one day. I try to clear my memory, but I can’t. A spring day that will never come again.  


MY FIRST ONE-SHOT DONE, I DON'T EXPECT THIS TO BE PERFECT, SINCE IT'S MY FIRST TIME WRITING. YAAAAY! PLEASE GIVE ME A LOT OF LOVE. DON'T BE A SILENT READER, PLEASE GIVE ME COMMENTS. ^^