1/1

Photo Booth

 

 

"Yah, Jung Daehyun!! Get your fat out of bed!!!" 

Daehyun groaned and rolled over onto his stomach; burying his face in his pillow and successfully kicking the annoying intruder off his bed. "It's too early for this," Daehyun muttered, wrapping his blankets around himself. 

The intruder jumped on his bed again and slapped his leg. "Did you have to push me off? That hurt," Youngjae whined, hitting him a second time. "And it's only 9am right now you !" 

"It's the ing first day of summer vacation and you wake me up at 9am?" Daehyun groaned, rubbing at his eyes furiously. He almost pushed the younger boy off his bed again, but then he saw the cute pout on his face and stopped himself from doing it. "And how the did you get in my house?" 

"Well excuse me for wanting to spend time with you before you leave tonight," Youngjae muttered, getting up and sitting on the edge of Daehyun's bed. "And I got in from the front door, duh. Your mom let me in." 

Daehyun blinked at Youngjae and sighed. He slowly got out of his bed and walked past his best friend to get some clothes. With his back turned, he didn't see a certain someone staring at his back; their face bright red at his only boxer clad body. When Daehyun did turn around though, he raised an eyebrow at Youngjae; who now had his face planted into a pillow. Shrugging it off, he put on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before nudging the boy on his bed. "Yah. I thought you wanted to hang out?" 

Youngjae carefully looked up at him, and only after making sure he was fully clothed did he stand up. "Okay good! I have the whole day planned out," he began, "We're gonna go to the mall first!" Youngjae practically skipped out the door, and Daehyun rollled his eyes at him with a smile. 

He drove the two of them to the closest mall they could find, and they spent the morning shopping and versing each other in games at the arcade. Youngjae was a lot better at video games than Daehyun was, but he didn't mind losing. If it meant he could see the look of happiness on Youngjae's face after winning a game, he didn't mind being crushed by the younger boy. 

"I'm gonna go to the washroom first so just wait for me alright?" Youngjae said when they reach the food court at around noon, and Daehyun nodded. When Youngjae left, he walked off towards the ice cream parlor. He didn't bother looking at the menu because he already knew what the both of them want by heart. 

"Two scoops of your strawberry cheesecake and two of your green tea," Daehyun ordered, taking his wallet out of his pocket. "Oh, and extra whipped cream on the green tea please!" 

His order was done in two minutes, and after paying, Daehyun walked back to their table. When Youngjae came back from the washroom, his eyes lit up at what Daehyun was holding in his hands. "Green tea ice cream!" he grins, taking his cone from Daehyun. "And extra whipped cream just like I like it! Thanks Dae~" 

"No problem," Daehyun smiled back. He watched Youngjae take a of his ice cream enthusiastically, and he does the same for his own cone. The other boy his lips to get the excess whipped cream off but fails, and Daehyun laughs and leans forward; causing Youngjae to tense up when he sees Daehyun's face so close. "You eat really messily, babo," Daehyun teased, wiping the corner of his lips with his thumb. Youngjae's face pinked and he reached for a napkin to wipe his mouth with. 

"What time is it?" Youngjae asked quickly, hoping the older won't notice how his face is burning, and Daehyun took out his phone to check. 

"It's almost one o'clock, why?" he answered, and Youngjae sighed.

"Your train leaves at seven, that means we only have a couple hours left," Youngjae groaned, "That's not enough time to go to Lotte World like I had planned." 

Daehyun laughed and lightly flicked his forehead. "You planned for us to go to Lotte World?" 

Hurt washed over Youngjae's face and Daehyun realized that he must have taken it the wrong way. "I'm only going for a month, Jae. We don't need to go to Lotto World for that," Daehyun assured him, and added, "Besides, I'm happy with just hanging out like this." 

"A month is a long time," Youngjae whined and rested his face in his hands. "Who am I gonna hang out with? Who is going to play video games with me?" 

"You'll have Jongup won't you? And you know it's been a while since I saw my family and friends back in Busan, the last time I saw them was before I moved here for university," Daehyun said, taking a bite of his waffle cone. Youngjae stared at his own wordlessly, and he sighed again. 

"I know your family and friends are important," Youngjae said quietly. "But I'll miss you. I'm gonna be all alone here in Seoul while you go have fun in Busan." 

"You won't be alone, you'll have Jongup and Junhong, not to mention Himchan and Yongguk as well," Daehyun ruffled his hair, and they both stood up and threw away their garbage. As they walk side by side, Daehyun nudged Youngjae's shoulder playfully. "My friends in Busan are important, but nobody is more important than my best friend," Daehyun smiled, "and that is you, the one and only Yoo Youngjae." 

Upon those words, Youngjae grinned and the look of sadness on his face faded away. The two of them chatted as they walked, stopping in some small stores on the way. They pass by one particular area, and something in the corner caught Youngjae's attention. He tugged on Daehyun's arm excitingly and pointed towards the box shaped machine. "Oh my god!! Daehyun look!!" he exclaimed, and Daehyun glanced at what the younger boy was pointing at. 

"It's just a photo booth, Jae," Daehyun blinked, and Youngjae crossed his arms. 

"I know what it is, idiot," he said, rolling his eyes. "At least show some enthusiasm." 

"Why would I be enthusiastic about a photo booth?" 

"Geez, you're no fun," Youngjae muttered, and he dragged Daehyun towards the box. "Let's take some pictures before you leave!" 

"We can take pictures any time we want, why should we waste money on a photo booth?" Daehyun questioned, and Youngjae sighed as if he had asked the stupidest question in the world. 

"It's for memories, Dae," Youngjae answered, "and it's okay because I'm the one paying. Don't worry, it'll be fun!" 

He put $5 into the coin slot and dragged Daehyun into the photo booth with him. Youngjae was squirming with excitement while they were waiting for the screen to load and Daehyun shook his head. "You're only a couple months younger than me yet sometimes I think I'm with a 5 year old," he joked, and Youngjae glared at him. Right then they heard the shutter sound click, and Youngjae gasped.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!! THAT PHOTO IS GONNA TURN OUT AWFUL," Youngjae cried out, pulling Daehyun towards him. "QUICK FIVE SECONDS, MAKE A FACE." He stuck his tongue out at the camera and Daehyun crossed his eyes. Click! 

"Uhm okay now what? I know, let's do a V-sign!!" Youngjae threw his arm over Daehyun's shoulder and made a peace sign, and Daehyun did the same. Click! 

Daehyun could see Youngjae struggling to find another pose, and he sighed; not understanding why the younger boy was stressing so much. No matter what Youngjae did, he would turn out perfectly and absolutely adorable in the photos. 

"Let's just smile for this one okay? Wait no that's too pla- mmmphh," Youngjae was suddenly cut off by Daehyun's lips on his, and his eyes widened in surprise. Click! 

Daehyun's hands cupped his face gently; their lips fit perfectly together like two puzzle pieces. He didn't release him, and Youngjae's eyes began closing; his arms naturally finding their way around Daehyun's neck. Click! 

They pulled apart, both faces equally red and both equally breathless. Youngjae wasn't really sure what just happened but he knew that he wouldn't mind if it happened again, and Daehyun seemed to agree with him because he lifted his chin up with a finger and leaned in again. Their lips touched and Youngjae could feel that spark, he could feel his heart beat quickening like it always did for the boy he's kissing right now.

An arm wrapped around his waist and pulled him closer, and when his hands curl into Daehyun's hair he can't help but feel that this moment was perfect. That they were perfect together. 

The final shutter sound clicked, and Youngjae pulled away. Daehyun leaned in for one last kiss, and Youngjae could feel the older boy smile against his lips. When he pulls away for the last time, Youngjae was left speechless, breathless and confused. In fact, Daehyun wasn't really sure what happened either. He wasn't sure what made him do it, but he knew that he had been waiting so, so long for that moment.

"T-that.. I-i," Youngjae stuttered, and he shut up when he realized that no coherent thoughts or words will be coming from him anytime soon. Daehyun reached for his hand and linked their fingers together, smiling at him. 

"That's a memory I'm never going to forget," he laughed shyly, and Youngjae blushed even more. He tried to speak but he just can't, his brain was still a big mess because Daehyun, his best friend, just kissed him! Not once, not twice, but three times! 

Youngjae's touched his lips carefully with his fingers, and Daehyun reached for them; kissing the tips gingerly. "I-i..." Youngjae began, but Daehyun kissed him again before he could even finish. 

"I lied earlier when I said nobody was more important than my best friend," Daehyun said, staring into his eyes. Youngjae's heart stopped and his arms fell from Daehyun's neck. 

"W-what?" 

Daehyun's lips ghosted over the right side of his face and he paused, before pecking his cheek quickly. "Nobody is more important than my boyfriend," he whispered into Youngjae's ear, and the younger boy let out a sigh of relief. 

"Boyfriend?" He asked softly, and Daehyun nodded, fiddling with their fingers. 

"If you let me," Daehyun said, and when Youngjae nodded he grinned; taking Youngjae's face in his palms again. They kissed and they kissed and they kissed for what seemed like eternity, and Youngjae was pretty sure this was what heaven felt like because everything is just so... perfect

--- 

Both Youngjae and Daehyun left in pure utter bliss, and they walked out the photo booth together hand in hand. Youngjae reached for the photos they took; his eyes widening when he saw what they looked like. 

"Yah, Jung Daehyun!!" he cried out exasperatedly, slapping Daehyun's arm. "Look at how these photos turned out!!!" 

Daehyun took a look at the sheet and laughed, pointing to the fourth one. Daehyun's hands were cupping his face and his eyes were staring back in surprise. "I like this one the best," he grinned, and Youngjae ripped the sheet of photos from his hands. His face reddened at the last picture, and he gave the sheet back to the grinning boy next to him. 

"Daehyunnn," Youngjae whined, and Daehyun pecked his lips quickly. 

"You said you wanted memories!" 

 


I got back last night, so here it is! I hope you guys liked it, I wrote it when I had no wifi because I had nothing else to do ;u;

Comments are appreciated!~