[ Seventeen ]

Age Doesn't Matter

A/N: I know I'm really bad at updates, but a big thank you to those who are still bearing with me! Everything is coming to an end soon. 

 

3 MONTHS LATER

 

‘’Merry Christmas noona!”

 

Taeyeon smiled and turned around as they walked towards each other. She rushed over and hugged the boy in front of her. ‘’Merry Christmas Kyungsoo.’’ They broke off the hug and Kyungsoo smiled back.

 

‘’It’s cold out here, let’s go in for some coffee.’’ Taeyeon nodded and followed Kyungsoo into the café.

 

‘’Sit down first, noona. I’ll go get us something warm.’’ Taeyeon smiled in content as she watched Kyungsoo quickly rushing off to stand in the long line at the café. She found an area for two and sat down as she gazed out the window, watching couples pass by her on the busy streets of Seoul.

 

‘’You were spacing out. Caramel latte, noona.’’ He chuckled as he put down the drink in front of her. ‘’It’s hot, be careful.’’

 

Taeyeon looked upon hearing those familiar sentences, but was a little disappointed when she realized it was only Kyungsoo.

 

She smiled as she took the drink in her hands. ‘’Thank you. You know just what I like.’’

 

‘’I think I should know, after all those coffee dates we’ve had over the past two months.’’ He smiled as he sipped his drink. Taeyeon laughed.

 

‘’Good times.’’ She said. She stared at her drink as she remember the first time she went to get coffee with Baekhyun because Kyungsoo wasn’t able to join them for that project Baekhyun had to do back then. She sighed at the thought of the boy.

 

‘’I can’t believe we’re spending Christmas Eve together. Do you see those couples out there? You should be out there with your girlfriend, Kyungsoo!’’

 

Kyungsoo glanced outside and chuckled. ‘’Except that’s the problem. I don’t have a girlfriend! And you too, noona, why are you spending Christmas Eve with me? People are going to think we’re a couple.’’

 

Taeyeon stared at Kyungsoo and smirked. ‘’Maybe we should become one.’’

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened out of shock (as if his eyes weren’t already big enough). ‘’Noona, what are you saying!?’’ he blushed.

 

Taeyeon laughed out loud. ‘’I’m joking! I know you’re in love with that girl in your class. You should have asked her out tonight.’’

 

Kyungsoo sighed. ‘’She has a boyfriend, noona. Even if it’s long distance, they seem to be really in love. I can’t do that.’’

 

‘’Friends can hang out too. That’s why I’m here, right?’’ she smiled.

 

‘’Right.’’ He smiled back.

 

Taeyeon and Kyungsoo were both put into the school musical a while back as the male and female leads. They gradually got closer through practicing dancing, singing, acting together and one of their favourite routines was to get some warm coffee after they practiced singing together till late at school together. With the absence of Baekhyun and Yuri who joined a dance team and went touring around the world for a dance showcase, Taeyeon spent a lot of her time with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was always a rather quiet person and spent most of his time singing and composing, and now that Baekhyun who was his only close friend wasn’t here, he learnt to depend more on Taeyeon not only as a friend, but also like a sister. They spent a lot of their time having deep conversations as they were both more of the serious type. Kyungsoo told Taeyeon about his crush for a girl who already has a boyfriend, and Taeyeon gathered the courage to tell Kyungsoo about her and Baekhyun.

 

They spent the rest of the night eating at an authentic Korean restaurant, walking around to shop for gifts for their family and then decided to separate for an hour to shop for a gift for each other.

 

‘We’ll meet at the café we were at just now later!’’ Taeyeon said.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. ‘’Be careful noona, there’s a lot of people around here.’’

 

‘’You too, see you!’’ she waved at him and they headed for different ways.

 

Kyungsoo walked around a few cosmetic shops, considering whether he should get Taeyeon some skincare products when he accidentally bumped into a couple as he was daydreaming.

 

‘’Sorry!’’ Kyungsoo slightly bowed and saw a very tall couple staring back at him.

 

‘’Kyungsoo?’’

 

‘’Sehun? Oh my god, are you….’’ He stared at the girl next to Sehun. ‘’Sooyoung noona…’’ his jaw fell open.

 

Sehun laughed. ‘’Kyungsoo hyung, how are you?’’

 

Kyungsoo snapped out of daydreaming. ‘’I’m good, and you? You and Sooyoung noona…’’

 

The couple smiled at each other.

 

‘’It’s a long story. But it’s really nice to see you, Kyungsoo-ah. Are you here alone?’’ Sooyoung smiled.

 

‘’You too, noona. Uhh…for now, I’m alone.’’ He didn’t want to tell them that he was with Taeyeon, in case there were any misunderstandings.

 

‘’Oh by the way hyung, did you know Baekhyun hyung is back?’’

 

Kyungsoo stared at Sehun when he heard Baekhyun’s name. ‘’Back…in Korea? Since when?’’

 

‘’This morning. I bumped into him at the park outside his house, but I think he’s resting because of jet lag.’’

 

‘’Oh….I see.’’ He thought of Taeyeon, wondering how Taeyeon would react if she knew that Baekhyun was back, just when she decided to move on.

 

‘’Anyways, we’re late for our movie! Let’s meet up again sometime, alright hyung? Merry Christmas!’’ Sehun gave Kyungsoo a pat on the back.

 

‘’Merry Christmas Kyungsoo.’’ Sooyoung smiled and hugged Kyungsoo as well.

 

‘’Oh…yeah sure. Merry Christmas!’’ Kyungsoo smiled at the couple and waved them off, still thinking about Baekhyun and Taeyeon. Should I tell Taeyeon noona? He thought.

 

An hour later, Taeyeon and Kyungsoo met up again at the café and exchanged their Christmas presents for each other. They continued to chat and shared a cheesecake together to finish off their Christmas hangout. What they didn’t know was that someone passed by and recognized the two of them. He looked shocked when he saw Taeyeon wiping Kyungsoo’s lips, and the two looked way too happy that it pained him. He took one last look at the two of them and walked away, furious and disappointed.