Starting Out Bored and Ending Happy

One Summer Changed Me

 

Name: YoungminJoo

Age:  17

Family: Mother, Father and a younger twin

 

~Yawn~

It was a hot and lazy day as I layed on the floor of my house because it was the only cool thing in this whole house besides the ice cream and watermelon in the refrigerator but even that got warm over time out side. Everything was short lived, I sighed as I rolled on the floor finding a new cool spot. The chimes were ringing but the wind was hot. I decided enough was enough and just stood up. It was summer I should be outside! Not laying in the house with my shorts and a oversized shirt. I shook my head at the thought. I went over to my shared room and saw my brother was there studing like always. Really in this family he was the the smart one I was just the random one. I sighed.

“I’m going out~ Wanna come with~?” Kwangmin shook his head. Tipical… I sighed as I started to change to my going out clothes.

“Hyung…” I heard. I looked up to see Kwangmin look at me.

“Can you buy me Lead and a new Notebook?” I nodded grabbing the money that he extended out to me. “…and some candy… please?” I smiled at that and nodded.

“Sure~” I quickly got ready and headed out the door screaming “Ill be back” before being engulfed by the heat. I sighed but keep walking. I was just walking aimlessly no real place I was going. I just keep walking until I saw a library. It was strange I have never seen it before. I walked closer and for some reason felt the need to open the door and walk in, and that is exactly what I did. It was a bit cooler in the library as I walked through it. There were two floors of books and many shalves, there could have easily been more than a million books. I found myself walking into the murder and mystery section of the library. I pulled out a book and read the name out loud for it was a English book “The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe” I understood only a little of what I said. Something about stories from a man call “Poe”. 

“He’s a classic author~” I heard someone say. I turned around and saw a man looking straight at me. I could tell that he was a few years older than me and a little taller. His face wasn’t that bad looking either… I gasped on the inside surprised at what I just said. Did I just say that a man was handsome? I’m not gay! I thought to myself. I shook my head and brought myself back to reality.

“A-Ah…! H-He is…?” Why am I studdering? I can’t believe that this is happening to me! I sighed as I took notice of something else. Doki.… DokiDoki. Oh my ing god… DOKI DOKIDOKI!That’s my heart! Why is this happening to me! My breath hitched as I looked up at him seeing that he nodded.

“Yep~ A very good author if I do say so myself~” He smiled. Was he that good…?

“What makes his writing so good…?” He placed his hand on his mouth thinking as I suffered silently from a raging heart.

“Well~” He walk around me slowly. “I guess you can say he plays with your mind~”, he laughed a little. “He writes darkness, sadness, suffering, and ‘love’… Something that everyone can link their lives to… Would you like to hear an excerpt from one of his stories?” He asked with a smile was he was done circling me. I nodded shyly holding the book close to my chest feeling like the only girl. He smiled once again happy at my response. He quickly cleared his throat and spoke softly.

But our love it was stronger by far than the love

Of those who were older than we-

Of many far wiser than we-

And neither the angels in heaven above,

Nor the demons down under the sea,

Can ever dissever my soul from the soul

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

 

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

And the stars never rise but I feel the bright eyes

Of the beautiful Annabel Lee;

And so, all the night-tide, I lie down by the side

Of my darling- my darling- my life and my bride,

In the sepulchre there by the sea,

In her tomb by the sounding sea.

He said it first in English and then said it again in Korean to help me understand. He looked at me once he was done. I had to admit the excerpt was very beautiful. I can’t lie, I did blush a bit.  I didn’t notice but I had the book up to my face trying to hide the blush that I hate. He smiled.


“Did you enjoy the excerpt?” He asked showing his eye smile. DOKI. ‘Shut the up!’ I told my heart.  I looked up and nodded.

“N-neh… it was a very nice excerpt…” He’s smile seemed to brighten with that. Why…

“…why are you so happy…?” I said thinking out loud. His face contorted into a thinking one.

“hmm… Why?” He chuckled. “Cause your as pretty as Annabel Lee~”,DOKIDOKIDOKI DOKI!!! I felt a puff of heat leave my face as I turned red really fast.

“Wha… I-I… Y-You…” I couldn’t say anything, rather I didn’t know what to say! So I just hid half of my face behind the book. The librarian chuckled a bit. Then I felt something ruffle my hair. I looked up amd it was the librarians hand. It felt nice…

“So~ What’s your name~? I haven’t seen you around so you have to be new! “ He said with a smile. I removed the book and placed It behind my back.

“Joo… Youngmin…” I said softly, “…what’s yours…?”

“Kim Donghyun~!” He said in a proud tone. I had to giggle at that because he was funny. “Oooo~ I got you to laugh~” He said with a smile. “…hmmm…. How old are you…?” I looked up a bit surprised at his question.

“I-I’m 17…” I said truthfully the floor becoming extreamly interesting all of a sudden.

“Ah~~~ A high school student~” I nodded.

“Neh~ Second year…” I added. He smiled.

“Well Mr. Second year~ I didn’t lie when I said you were pretty~” I blushed at that.

“Oh…” I said in a tone that was between a question and a statement. He chuckled.

“We have a Korean version of that book~ Would you like to check it out?” He asked me. I nodded wanting to read the rest of this story by this author. He smiled. Once he found it he lead us to the main desk where he checked the book out to me.

“Okay Joo Kwangmin~ Don’t forget to come back and return the book~” He said jokingly. I giggled and started to walk away when I head. “…Oh yeah! Don’t get picked up by another guy now~ Tell them someone already has dips~” I turned around and saw that he had a slight smirk on his face. ‘Were all librarians like this?!?!?!’ I asked myself. Once I was out I took a deep breath of the hot summer air.

“Wha… Was he hitting on me?!?!” I yelled quietly. “…Aish! What’s wrong with my heart…” I sighed as I dragged my body to my house stoping by a store and buying kwangmin some candy and his notebook before returning home. Once I was home I handed Kwangmin his stuff and went to the living room and fell on the coutch. I looked at the book for a while before I decided to get up and read a bit of it. I took notice that Edgar Allan Poe the man that had written such pretty and loving stories also wrote things that could make you cringe in horror. I was amazed that I read three of his stories nonstop and before I knew it, it was time for bed.

~The Next Day~


Again I layed on the cold floor. It was too hot and I was too lazy. ‘What did I do yesterday that I wasn’t as bored…?’ I asked myself. In a flash I remembered the Liberian that I had meet yesterday. ‘Donghyun…’ I said as I looked at the book that was still resting on the coffee table. I got up and headed to my room and before I knew it I was in front of the library again with the book in one hand. I loked at the library and wondered if he would think It was weird for a person to come to the Library two time in a row. Then I remembered what he told me just before I left… ‘…Don’t get picked up by another guy now~ Tell them someone already has dips~’ I blushed just at the thought. ‘Why am I like this!Hes a dude Im a dude!’ I screamed at myself. I stood up and walked into the Library and was greeted by a warm smile just like yesterday… I never knew it but this encounter would change my life…

~A few weeks later~

I walked over to the library that I usually go to with my school bag on my hip and a textbook in my free hand. I entered and saw that Donghyun was fixing some books so I walked slowly carefully trying not to get caught and just when im about to pounce him…

“Not so fast youngmin~” I sighed knowing he knew what I was about to do.

“Aw~ Hyung is no fun!” I said with a pout. He chuckled.

“What happened to my cute studdering Minnie~?” He laughed. This caused me ot puff my cheeks.

“Are you saying I’m not cute!?” I said crossing my arms. He chuckled seeing my anger.

“Your so cute when you get mad~” he said as he ruffled my hair and went over to another pile of books. I followed him with a sulking face.

“Im about to get adorable then~” I said. He laughed loudly at my joke.

“Fine fine~ I take it back happy?” I smiled and nodded.

“Neh~~!”

“Ah~ Youngmin~ Will you wait for me to finish my shift?” I tilted my head to the side but nodded either way.

“Okay hyung~ Ill just be studying~” I said as I started walking to the study section of the library.

Donghyun and I have become really close~ I started to call him hung not to long ago and he dosnt seem to hate it so I continue doing it either way. I also learnt that I was not straight… and I was starting to see the same more appealing then girls. I used to remember when I like a girl but know its all about dudes. I pouted at the idea. All of things changed with me and it all started when I meet Donghyun. I shook my head. No! I don’t except the fact that I changed all because of Donghyun! But I  do have to admit that I have a small crush on him… I sighed as I dropped my head on the study desk in the library. After a while of staying like that I decided to actually study. About an hour pasted when someone came by and touched my shoulder. I saw that it was Donghyun.

“Done?” I asked him packing my stuff up.

“Neh~ I’ll just get my coat and we will leave okay?” I nodded as he ran off to get his jacket. By the time he returned I had everything already. “Ready to leave?” He asked me. I nodded with a smile on my face. “Arrasso~ Lets go~” He grabbed my hand as he lead the way to where ever he was headed. Wait…. Grabbed my hand… Oh my fu**ing God! He is holding my hand!!! I felt a puff heat leave my face as we hit the cold air outside.

“Cold~!” I squeaked surprised at the tempreture change. Donghyun removed the scarf that he was wearing and placed it on me. I had to admit it was pretty darn warm but I felt bad because now he was going to be cold.

“B-But… what about you?” I asked. He shook his head.

“I’m fine~” He told me as he smiled. “Shall we go~?”

“Where?” I asked him.

“A café nearby~ My treat~!”

“But I can’t possibly…”

“No buts~” He said. I sighed as he dragged me along hand in hand. After some time walking we finally made it to this cute café. It was very cute and pastel. We entered and sat down at an empty table near the window. I took off the scarf and give it back to Donghyun. He accepted it and smile.

“Go ahead~ Order anything youd like~” I nodded looking at the menu before me. I tilted my head as I thought.

“Ill have… the Peppermint Hot chocolate~” I said with a smile. Donghyun nodded and smiled.

“Okay~ Hmm~ Ill have regular coffee then~” I pouted.

“No fun~” I told him as he laughed.

“What? Iman old man remember?” He said. Sure he was like 24 and we have like a six year age difference but but….


“Your not that old~” I admitted. He chuckled.

“Just for you I’m not old~” I chuckled. Soon after a waiter came along and took our orders. We kept talking about silly nothings through out the whole outing. After we were done with our drinks Donghyun spoke up.

“Ah… Youngmin…” I looked at him in a questioningly manner. Why was he so serious all of a sudden? I thought.


“Hmm~?” I hummed in response telling him her could continue talking if he wanted to. I noticed he took a shaky breath.

“Remember the first day that you came over to the library?” He asked me. I nodded knowing exactly how that day went, even though it was at least a good four months ago.

“What about it?” I asked him poking the empty cup in front of me.

“Uhh… Can you tell me what I told you that day when you were about to leave….?” I nodded. I tilted my head trying to remember the right words.

“Hmm… You said ‘Don’t forget to come back and return the book…’” Donghyun nodded and motioned for me to continue. I tried to remember, when I slowly came back to me. “…Don’t get picked up by another guy now… Tell them someone already had dibs…” I said with a blush hitting my cheeks. Donghyun smiled.

“You have good memory…” I nodded still flushed as a beet “…Just know… I didn’t saw that for nothing…” He said. I looked up not believing where this was going. “I really like you Youngmin…” He said looking down at his folded hands on the table. Just when I was about to his statement he added in. “Ah… I know I must sound like a creep… I mean Your six years younger then me… and in high school… You’re a minor…” He continued rambling. After a while I had enough. I stood up and sat next to him. He looked at me with a confused face. “…Youngmin…?” I rolled my eyes as I cupped his face with my hands. I leaned up and pecked him on the lips. It was a sweet and tender kiss, one that said ‘I love you too…’. Once I let go I pouted. 

“Yah… I don’t care about age… I don’t care about any of that. You turned me gay so be responcible!” I said crossing my arms and looking away, I deep blush across my face. Donghyun didn’t move at all until I felt his arms wrap around me. I smiled a little.

“So does that me you love me too?” He asked. I scoffed and hit his arm playfully.

“No~ I’m straight~” I said sarcastically. He chuckled and smiled.

“Then… Youngmin… will you be my boyfriend…?” I heart skipped a beat as I smiled and giggled.

“Of course you dummy!” He smiled as he turned me to face him. He looked at each other as we started to lean into a kiss. It was a nice one. A sweet one. After that I cuddled next to him as we just stayed quiet enjoying each others presence. I never knew going to a library and grabbing a book could change my life so much… But I’m glad I did….

 

 

A/N: Hey people~ ^^ hehe i hope you like this one shot~ My guy friend has yet to tell me what he thinks~ most likely cuase his guys friends dont let him read....  but any way~! he loved the hard work that i put in to make this~! I just wanna say i love him so much! hes so aegyo sometimes<3 DSV is gonna kill me for saying that XD  but home you like this~ ^^ im glad i wrote so much ^^ Money is good inspiration! 

-LSV