What happened to the world?

Note to Self: Don't Fall

 

  • 3 days later -

 

It was already 7:30 in the morning and I need to be in school at around 8:30. After checking if my uniform is properly ironed, I put my bag on my back and combed my hair a bit more. I'm ready to go to school.

 

“Junhee-ah!! Hurry! Oppa's here to pick you up personally!” Mom from downstairs shouted. Jonghyun oppa's here to pick me up? Why? Is today something special?

 

“Deh! I'm coming down, umma!” I said excitedly as I opened the door of my room and went out to go have some breakfast before leaving. “Why is Jonghyun opp-” I stopped and was rather surprised when I realized the oppa umma referred to wasn't really Jonghyun-oppa.

 

“Onew-oppa said he'll be in charge of picking you up here and at school today!” Umma said excitedly and patted Onew-ssi's shoulders. “Come on, you might want to eat something before leaving. Junhee, eat with oppa.”

 

“But omonim.. I have eaten at the dorm...” Despite Onew ssi's resistance, omma still pushed him gently to the dining table and made him sit down.

 

“Here, have something to eat, or you can have some coffee or hot chocolate. It will be good to have your stomach heated.” She said sounding like a complete mother to him.

 

“Omonim...” Onew ssi called softly and I saw him looking at my mother nicely. Stop pretending! “These foods are for Junhee.”

 

“There are lots of these. Junhee can't consume them all. Come on, Jinki-ah...”

 

Uhh?! She called him Jinki? Wow, Mom! You're daebak!

 

Onew ssi and I sat quietly at the table when mom left us for a while. I looked at him and he wasn't looking at me at all. I thought he didn't have any plans of telling me why he was here.

 

“Why are you here?” I asked bluntly as I took a sip of my hot chocolate.

 

“To pick you up.” He said simply and took his cup of coffee to his mouth.

 

“Wow.” I smirked mockingly. “An idol picking me up to school. How awesome can that be?” I said and rolled my eyes. On the corner of my eyes I saw Onew ssi shaking his head and chuckling a bit. “I can go to school by myself... and besides, I don't have any plans of disturbing a busy person like you.” I said again.

 

“It was surprising how Jonghyun suddenly stopped talking to me after what you did in the dorm. I tried talking to me but he seemed to be avoiding me. At one time, I called for the meeting of us, five, and then I asked him what's wrong... in front of the other three members. He told me I should apologize to you, funny, heh.” He said and shook his head again.

 

“Oh.” So he's not apologizing out of sincerity... he's apologizing because that's what Jonghyun oppa said. “Tell him I'm fine, so you don't need to go with me to school.” I said – acting like I'm irritated.

 

“We should take a picture of you going to school and me picking you up, and both photos will be sent to him through phone.”

 

I frowned. “What?” Really? Jonghyun oppa wants to do that? Making sure he apologizes to me? For what? Why the need? “You don't have to do it.”

 

“Just for today.” He told me. “Jonghyun and I are working on a duet for the next album. I don't want to be the cause of him being unfocused and uncomfortable during work, and besides, he's a dorm-mate, a bandmate, and a friend. It's hard when someone close to you hates you, you know.” He said.

 

But you don't care if someone not-so-close to you hates you... fine, Lee Jinki. Fine.

 

I stood up without telling him and quickly took my bag again. He looked at me, but eventually followed until I kissed my mom goodbye and went towards the door.

 

“Take care, Junhee-ah, Jinki-ah.” Umma didn't forget to mention him.

 

“Yeah, omonim. Thanks for the hot coffee.” He bowed to her and went with me outside the house.

 

I was about to open the door when he reached for it first and opened it for me. I looked at him. “You don't have to do it.” I said.

 

“I already did.” He simply said and shrugged his head. “Unless you want me to close this again.” I didn't answer and he really did close the door again and walked around to go to the other door. I frowned. Stubborn.

 

I opened the door and went inside. “Seatbelt.”

 

“I know. This is not the first time that I'll ride a car.” I said and fastened the seatbelt to me. After making sure I fastened it correctly, he immediately started the engine and flew away.

 

Gah.. is this person trying to kill me or something? He's driving fast. I had to hold on my seat because it felt like I'm gonna fly anytime soon by how he drove his car. I was not used on this kind of driving. When Appa drives, he makes sure of everybody's safety. When Jonghyun oppa drives, he's also very cautious and not that speedy.

 

But this one. It felt like I'm going to die anytime soon.

 

Or maybe he just wants to immediately reach the school so he doesn't need to be with me for long.

 

Around 30 minutes later, we arrived.

 

“I'm going out. Thanks for the ride.” I simply said and opened the door.

 

“Wait.” He stopped me and took his phone. “Picture.”

 

Oh, right. Jonghyun oppa wants a proof of him picking me up from home and from school. “Alright. Alright.” I said.

 

“Junhee-ah... Don't tell Jonghyun ssi that you know I'm doing this just because of him. He told me not to tell you.”

 

“Fine. Fine.” and again, I found myself being dictated by him unconsciously.

 

“Smile.” He said and we both smiled to the camera. He did something and showed me the message sent notification on his screen. I nodded and opened the door to leave.

 

“Oohh ~ That's an unfamiliar car. Is that your appa's?” I looked back at the car and it's tinted so Minyoung and Seoli won't see who was inside. I started walking towards the school premise.

 

“Yes, but that's not ours. Appa's car is broken so-”

 

“Oh~ Onew oppa!!” Minyoung and Seoli shouted and I looked back at the car to see Onew ssi waving at them. He put down the mirror so the two could see him from inside. “Annyong, Onew-oppa!!” They waved happily.

 

“Aish!!” I am so irritated because Onew ssi is obviously flaunting himself to these girls, which is not right, for me. He's a fame . He always wants to look good on everybody's eyes. I hate this kind of attitude of him

 

ah, well.. I just hate everything about him.

 

“Woah... isn't that SHINee Onew? Why is he here?”

 

“Oh. Do you know that Jonghyun's cousin is studying here? I heard the girl and Onew oppa are dating.”

 

I heard whispers from around but Onew ssi kept on waving to Minyoung and to Seoli as if no one else will ever recognize him. I ran towards him and talked to him by the window.

 

“Can you please go? You're making unecessarry scene here.” I told him. He only shrugged his shoulders and chuckled.

 

“I knew you're coming back. I forgot to give you something.” He reached from the backseat and gave me a paper bag. I opened it and saw 3 pieces of bavarian doughnuts inside. “I heard from Jonghyun that you like it. Okay, get off the window, i'm going now.” He said and even winked before he closed the window and went away.

 

I was stuck there, thinking why he suddenly would give me doughnuts like this. Well, I guess it was still Jonghyun-oppa's order.

 

“Kim Junhee.” Seoli called me with eyebrows almost meeting each other. “Were you hiding something from us all along?”

 

“What?”

 

“Why did he bring you to school then? And you lied to us coz you told me it was your appa a while ago.” Minyoung uttered and they looked at each other. Few seconds later, a creepy smile formed.

 

“So... Junhee calls Onew oppa, Onew ssi, when they're in public because she calls him Onew appa in private. Kyyyaaa~~” They giggled and hit each other. I felt goosebumps all over my body.

 

Me calling him Onew appa?! Oh gosh...

 

“Were you able to have your first kiss with him, huh, Junhee.. Come on... tell us what's up! We want to know! Is Onew oppa a good kisser?”

 

“Yuck! Can you stop that!??” I think I blushed with what they were saying and tried so hard to ignore them.

 

*** *** ***

 

Without any word, I unfastened my seatbelt and took my things. “Hey, Junhee-ah.” Onew ssi called out and I only stopped but didn't look at him.

 

“Jonghyun ssi wants me to do this until you graduate.”

 

“What?” I looked at him, unbelievably. No way...

 

“And.. I already said yes. I'm just informing you. Don't worry, I'll just bring you to school and pick you up after and then I'll go.”

 

“But... You don't have to do that.”

 

“I will.” He said and smiled. “Bye, Junhee-ah. See you tomorrow.”


// *raises both hands* I don't know what's happening to Onew ssi, either.