Now I'm Here

Fuel to the Fire

 

 Soohyun rubbed his temples, sighing as he willed his migraine away. The last class of the day was always the most difficult. His class-- this year's in particular-- always tried to distract him from the topic at hand onto a different one. The worst part is; Soohyun always fell for it, without a doubt. He would say something about photosynthesis, then a student would start quoting Spongebob. And, before he knew it, he was chanting along with them, laughing as much as they were.

Sometimes, he hated his childish side.

Today, however, was a bit different. The students would repeat questions that were already answered; causing the young teacher to get frustrated at their lack of listening skills. Finally, he got fed up and handed out a worksheet so they could learn on their own (which was something he absolutely hated doing). He couldn't help it. One more time of having to repeat himself, he surely would have let his temper loose on them.

Now, with fifteen minutes left of school, his students chatted the ticking clock away, instead of completing their homework. Soohyun's migraine only grew. He reached in the bottom drawer of his desk; only to find that all of his ibuprofen was gone. He sighed in discontent and frowned, slumping slightly in his chair; much like a child would.

Timid footsteps were recognized behind him; so he straightened out his posture and turned toward the student as she spoke in a soft, unsure voice.

“E-excuse me... Mr. Sh-shin...?” she started, refusing to look up from the paper in her hands. “I n-need help with some of the qu-questions...” she chewed on her bottom lip and swayed just slightly in her stance.

Soohyun recalled this girl, surprisingly. She was very very quiet, and has yet to join in on any tangent conspiracies. She was very keen on smiling brightly and laughing just barely at the silliness of everyone around her; but she was never one to jump in on the games. He figured he should help her out; she wasn't the one causing problems today. Or any day, for that matter.

“Of course,” Soohyun flashed a toothy grin, and stood to pull and unoccupied desk next to his for her. “Which ones are giving you troubles?” he asked, watching her carefully as she climbed into the desk and set her paper on it.

Pulling at her sleeves nervously, she scanned the paper quickly. “Number five... seven, eight...” she paused to turn the sheet over. “thirteen and sixteen.” she said, nodding to indicate that was all. “I did all the questions I knew before I came up to ask you for help...” she added, almost as an after thought, finally looking up to meet his eyes.

Soohyun chuckled, giving her a smile as he turned her paper so he could have a better look. He missed how she had blushed deeply upon seeing his lips stretched so pleasantly between his cheeks.

“Let's see... number five...” he said mindlessly, examining the question carefully. “Ah, this one is asking about the cardiovascular system.” he explained, looking up at her. “You know, the heart and veins and all that good stuff?”

She simply nodded, her hand by her face as if she were totally interested and immersed in what he was saying.

“So the question is; 'What is the largest organ in the cardiovascular system of a human being?'” he read, pointing with a pen at each word in the statement; more for his own benefit than her's. “See, this is a bit of a trick question. Technically, there is only one organ in just the cardiovascular system.”

“The heart.” the student said, to which Mr. Shin nodded. “But, the respiratory system goes hand-in-hand with the cardiovascular system, so some people might say the lungs.”

Mr. Shin nodded proudly, then pointed to his temple. “Or the brain. It has to be there to tell the heart what to do. But the brain does everything. So, in isolating the cardiovascular system; the answer is simply the heart.”

She nodded, quickly scribbling it down on her paper. Soohyun took this time to look at her name in the corner (once again; he is terrible at remembering names). Nicole. She had hair of a soft blond color; pulled up into a tight but messy bun at the back of her head. A few strands fell into her face, though she didn't seem to notice. Her lips were plump and pouty, though they showed evidence of normally being pulled downwards in a frown. Finally; the feature that completed this young girl; her piercing green gaze that bore into his dull brown one.

Her long eyelashes fluttered down in shock; not quite expecting a staring match with her teacher. “A-and number seven?” she asked timidly, biting her fingernail softly.

“Ah, yes.” he said, looking at the clock quickly before continuing. “I don't think we'll have time for any other questions...” he said remorsefully. “If you come in before school, or at lunch, I can help you tomorrow.” he offered, smiling brightly at her.

“O-okay...” she said, offering a quick smile back. She hid her eyes behind her bangs; her emotions becoming nearly unreadable as she stood from the desk and walked back to her seat to pack her things up.

Soohyun nearly slapped himself right then and there. Was he seriously just flirting with one of his students? She was so beautiful, and he just wanted her to feel comfortable. Since when was he ually attracted to his students?

The bell rang, and his migraine came back. He remembered the hellion he assigned detention to and scowled. He didn't like being so hatefully biased; he liked keeping a professional tone and relationship with all of his students. But there was just something about Eli... Something...

He sighed, throwing his pen down on his desk and running his hands through his hair. He couldn't quite place it; but he knew it was something that made every single gear in his body grind with irritation. Sometimes, you just meet someone and you can't bring yourself to be civil toward them. No matter how hard you try; you simply can't hold your tongue.

“Yo, teach.” Eli said, waltzing smugly into the classroom. He set his backpack down in one of the empty desks and headed towards Soohyun.

The teacher let out a deep breath, trying hard to compose himself as he avoided looking up at his student who, no doubt, was sporting a 'look-how-much-better-I-am-than-you' smirk as he leaned carelessly over the desk. “You do know why you're here, right, Eli?” he asked calmly, still not looking up.

“I dunno.” Eli replied casually. “I figure you were just manstruating this morning.”

Soohyun's eyebrow twitched. It took all he had not to chew him out, but he managed. “No, Eli. You're here because you have a lack of respect and an intolerance for authority figures.” he paused to take a deep breath, which, apparently, Eli thought this was his cue to put his two cents in.

“Excuse you.” he started, causing Soohyun to finally meet his eyes. “So, apparently you've psychoanalyzed me already, and you know every little thing about me that could possibly contribute to me hating you.” he spat, his face getting closer to Soohyun's with every word. “I have no problem with authority figures. I have respect. But I cannot bring myself to respect someone who refuses to respect me.”

By now, they were nearly nose-to-nose, as Soohyun had also been leaning forward with white hot rage.

“So, you'll have to excuse me, teach. If I don't show you the respect you think you deserve.”

The air was thick with tension as the two glared at each other, before Soohyun's gruff voice broke the silence; speaking through gritted teeth. “Eli...” he growled, before doing something absolutely unexpected.

He stood abruptly, grabbing the back of Eli's neck; forcing their lips together. Almost as soon as he did so; he pulled away and released his student's neck, looking at him with wide, shocked eyes.

Eli looked back, just as shocked, but a hell of a lot more confused. Before he could really stop himself, he pulled on Mr. Shin's tie and brought their lips together again, trading in the tension for something sweet and hesitant.

Soon, however, the kiss becomes a little less innocent and a little more sinful. Soohyun's teeth find Eli's bottom lip, biting on it roughly, causing the other to moan rather loudly.

The noise his student had made turned him on a lot more than it should have. His eyes flew open and he pulled away, taking a small step backward so Eli couldn't pull him in for more. His breathing was uneven, and his eyes were wide enough to rival the moon.

“I have to go.” Eli breathed, his swollen lips as he backed away, almost forgetting his bag on the way out.

When Soohyun finally grasped in his mind what had happened, he nearly bashed his head into a wall. What was he thinking! What if Eli's next stop was the principal; intent on telling exactly what had happened between them? He would lose his job and never work as a teacher again. Not only did he make out with a student, he made out with a student of his same gender. He knew how homophobic this world could be.

It's not like he cared that he kissed a guy. But he knew everyone else would.

“Hyung?” a soft voice called, from the doorway. “Ready to go?”

Soohyun's eyes soon fell on his little brother, Dongho. He smiled suddenly, the sight of the freshman somehow calming his nerves. “Yeah, just let me get my stuff together.” he said, immediately getting to work on just that.

Dongho smiled and set his backpack down to help his older brother. “What was with you?” he asked, a teasing laugh playing in his tone. “You looked like you saw a ghost.”

Soohyun sighed and shook his head dismissively. “It's nothing. Don't worry about it.” he waved it off with a laugh, causing Dongho to give him a skeptical glance.

“Alright, hyung...” he said worriedly, shoving some papers in a folder and handing them to the older male.


 

“Argh!” Eli exclaimed, as soon as he was in the confines of his car. He tugged at his hair in frustration, wondering why in the hell he had kissed his teacher. Especially his male teacher, whom he happened to hate with every fiber of his being.

He groaned, his head still spinning with confusion as he dropped it carelessly on the steering wheel. He ignored the sharp sting, simply closing his eyes as he willed time to rewind. He was positive it would have been better, at this point, to just skip the detention.

Curse him and his sharp tongue! Why couldn't he just think before he spoke? Or better yet; before he acted. He hated how impulsive he was sometimes.

He sighed, lifting his head and slapping his face lightly a few times. He liked women. The only he liked was his own. And even then, he didn't like it too much. He was ually deprived; that's the only reason he kissed back. Soohyun's lips felt like a girl's. They were soft, smooth.... sweet.

He smacked his face again, hard. He turned the key into the ignition and banished any thought about any other male from his skull. He just wouldn't have it.

One thing's for damn sure;

he cannot tell anyone about this. Ever.

 

A/N: Oooo~~ This chapter pretty much wrote itself, to be honest. I didn't mean for any of this to happen (at least not this soon >__< ) But the truth of the matter is; I LOVE THIS CHAPTER AND I DIDN'T WANT TO STICK IT ANYWHERE ELSE <3 

Sooo, yeah~ Thanks for subscribing, guys! You all are so awesome ^3^ Oh, and by the way, there will be M rated things later on, but I'll give a clear warning xD 

Ugh I'm so itchy 3: But anyway afljlkdhijewinfd I love you all~~~~~~~~ *THROWS SARANGS AT YOU ALL* owo Please comment, it would mean the world to me~^^