Call Me Baby

Save My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Phew! That was a good movie!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he walked out with Rimin. People were buzzing out of the hall like a swarm of bees, each still chattering about the movie they had just watched, criticising and evaluating on the art they had just witnessed. The crowd at the cineplex didn't seem to tone down, considering the never-ending array of movies the establishment had in store. It was already late afternoon and they both hadn't had lunch yet. Rimin's stomach grumbled, loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

"You really are hungry, huh? Come, let's go have lunch. Don't worry, I'm starving too." he laughed seeing her bury her face, trying to hide her embarrassment.  He tapped her shoulder, looking at her zealously. "Let's go?" he said with the softest voice Rimin has ever heard.

"I'm sorry, I was still flushed from what you said in the cinema earlier. Let's go." Rimin said, awkwardly moving a strand of hair behind her ear while continuing to walk with him.

"There's nothing to be sorry of. You being incredibly cute is completely fine with me. Matter of fact, I like it." he smiled, looking into her eyes. Dang this guy is trying to kill Rimin or something, but she's not complaining. If it takes her to die early for getting this kind of treatment from Chanyeol, she's more than happy to oblige. As if he read her mind, he asked her a question.

"If this wouldn't kill you, may I hold your hand?"

"W-What?"

"May I hold your hand as we walk to our designated place of eaterie, my lady?" he bowed, imitating a prince while smiling oh-so-benevolently. Rimin was astonished by his enthralling words. She couldn't believe this. She made a quick pinch to her forearm and nope, it wasn't a dream. The pain pulsing on her skin confirmed it. Rimin blinked for a few times and told herself "Okay Rimin this chance only comes once in a lifetime. You're gonna regret this if you rejected his offer."

"Okay, my... Lord?" she chuckled and that was a go sign for Chanyeol. He smiled yet again and entertwined his long fingers with Rimin's petite, slender ones. A spark of electricity was felt the moment their skins touched, arising a smile forming on Rimin's thin lips. The two individuals became one, and their heartbeats just got multiple times faster. 

The walk to the food plaza felt short. Hunger wasn't the first thing in their minds right now, thus not rushing to fulfill their grumbling stomachs.

"What do you want to eat?" she asked him. He looked at her with confusion.

"I thought you're the one with the grumbling stomach," he snickered, "You choose, I don't mind."

"Hmm, ramyun?"

"Sounds good. Let's go."

They entered the traditional-looking establishment. As they walked through the wooden doors, the tempting smell of boiling broths tickled their taste buds. Hunger immediately rose, and they both took their seats, eager to order what they were yearning for and fill their empty stomachs. They each ordered what they think will satisfy their appetite and as soon as the waiter left, they began chatting and getting to know each other more. At one point, Rimin felt a bit disheveled and excused herself to the restrooms.

As she was washing her hands, she looked up the mirror only to see Jinri standing next to her. A wave of panic rushed through her, and she tried to stay as calm as possible. 

"Hey! Uhh, hi, what are you doing here?" she awkwardly said while looking at her best friend. Jinri was boring holes through Rimin's head.

"So this is why you didn't want to hang out with me?" she looked like she was about to eat the soul out of Rimin. Rimin was shaking, afraid that her best friend would be furious at her. Jinri stared at her, until she broke into a smile and happily said,

"Why didn't you tell me you had a date? Moreover, why didn't you tell me you're seeing someone? Gosh, you don't know how excited I am for you! I never thought you were the type to be willing to go on a date!" Jinri was grinning ear to ear. Rimin was relieved at the fact that her best friend didn't get mad at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter