Alexander Nakachi

Haunting Nightmares

I woke up in cold sweat, panting heavily as I clutched on the blanket tightly. I felt tears streaming down my already wet cheeks, feeling the familiar pain in my heart as he started to cry..... Cry silently as I remember the dream...

 

The ground shook as if there was an earthquake in the near by island, I turned to look and saw the flames engulf the barn. I felt the tears stinging my eyes as I choked out a sob. My visions became blurry and unclear, raising my fist and rubbed my eyes roughly out of frustration as I continued to sob bitterly. My empty home filled my line of sight, and I started to wall towards the entrance of my rented apartment, hearing something in a faint distance. I looked down and saw my maternal grandmother standing there, and my father's sister. I frowned as I stared at them in confusion, staring at their moving mouths but no words came. I raised my head and there I was, standing in the middle of the cafeteria of my old school. I gulped and looked around, the faces were blurry and unclear as I walked and finally I saw..................

 

 

I got up into a sitting position and wiped my tears of my cheeks and rubbed off the remaining sleeping dust oft my eyes. I reached out for my phone and checked the time 5:30 AM. 'Great... How am I going to get back to sleep?' I thought to myself as I decided to get out of bed, the cold floor touched my bare foot sending shivers down my spine as I rubbed both of my arms. in a deep breath, I slowly walked towards the door of my bedroom and opened it as quietly as possible. Of course my dad was still sleeping in the other room so I have to bed quiet. Tip-toeing out of my room and quietly closing the door as I did. I tip-toed down to the kitchen and searched for something to eat but all I found was a loaf of bread which of course I couldn't say no to my rumbling stomach. I sighed and bit onto the bread, the crust crunching under my teeth. I should have brushed my teeth first, because my gums felt soft and my teeth felt so loose as if some kind of acid cause it to feel like it does now. Shrugging it off, I shuffled back to my room. Thinking about going back to bed and pretend to sleep until my father comes to wake me up. I admit even I'm already 15 years-old but I act like a big baby sometimes. It wasn't long for me to reach my room because of this small apartment. Can't blame my father for everything, at least we get a home and three meals a day rather than being beggars on the street with no shelter.  

 

Drowning in my own thoughts like I always do whenever I have nothing to do, thinking about my imaginary life with no worries at all as I got on the warm cozy bed and wrapped my body around the blanket. I reached out for my phone again and logged on to Facebook, it was nothing much, just unnecessary post 4 to 5 hours ago. I  sighed as I scroll through the post, liking whatever I can relate or whatever I think sounds logical. I checked my messages and got 5 of them, you may think I'm popular but I'm not, these messages were from strangers I call friends. No one saw my face, or heard my voice the only ones who did was my dad, my so-called friends in school and my school mates. These what I call friends that are strangers are Role-players, like me. They love to put their imagination into stories, act up as another fictional character from a book or a famous idol just for the fun of it. But who doesn't? There is a wide community of them out there but some I think weren't it when they added me on Facebook and I just ignore them. I go by the name 'Damien' in the internet, I post up fake photos which were mostly idols and animes. Who's in my current profile photo? Kai... That's right, Kai from EXO K. It might sound weird since I'm a guy but hey, don't EXO have fan boys too? I did my usual routine, and it involves Facebook. Internet is what I call home because it temporarily drowns me out of reality and let loose my imagination. Internet is my life, without it I feel like I'm living in stone age....

 

 

An hour later, that is 6:30 AM to exact. I heard the room beside me opened, signalling me that my dad is awake to prepare me for school, again I am such a big baby but there's a side of me no one, not even my dad knows. Only I am aware of and that keeps me in the dark. There wad a knock at the door and I immediately keep my phone under the covers of my blanket and closed my eyes, the door opens and my father peeks in, calling me to wake up. I pretend to groan and stretch, and looked at him. "Wake up and get ready for school." he said and closed the door. I let out a sigh and sat up, switching on the lights and went out of my room to wash my face and brush my teeth then back to my room where I change into my new school uniform. I looked at myself in the mirror and styled my bed hair. I grabbed my bag and left my room, closing the door. My dad prepared for me a sadnwich and a warm glass of chocolate milk. Hmmmm... Chocolate. I down it all in one go, said my farewells to my dad before leaving home. The morning is fresh and bright but I chose fresh without the bright, because in my life there is no bright side. I put on my earpiece and blast out my new Korean music I downloaded online. I went through the usual routine of going to school; leaving the house, walking to the bus stop. 

 

Exactly 20 minutes later, I arrived in my new school. I was a first year at School of Performing Arts Seoul, SOPA for short. How I manage to get there, through scolarship I guess. See in my life, reality passes me by in a blurr. And I don't bother to look back or forward. I don't look up to the bright side of things, I love the color black and red, white as well. I love wearing simple clothes and shoes. I love to sketch, listen to music and read novels. I'm me and not them. I disliked todays society. To them I'm an outcast. To me, I'm a dreamer.. 

 

My name is Alexander Nakachi, I am 16 year-old and I have a father named Joseph Nakachi. I was born in South Korea but raised in Okinawa, Japan. My mother passed away from cancer when I was 8 years-old, I am the only child. The only trouble maker in the family...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Ayo wassup Kris? lol! Anyways I'm back with another story. I know I know, where did all the other stories go? Well they are out the window... No I'm just kidding they are in the storage. Hehehe. Anyways, this story I'll be working on and this is base on half of my life actually. Because I have this bazarrie dreams that result in me waking up in tears and I have been having this idea since last year but you know. I'm a Little Miss Procrastinator. And notice how I mainly use guy characters instead of girls? I kinda bias with guys especially Korean ones. Hehehehehe!~ I hope you'll like it and I hope I can finish this unlike my other fanfics. And to note up that I might be taking down Doll's Poem and will be creating a new one after this fanfic. I'll be starting fresh and new. So hope you guys like it. Sorry for the crappy short stories or whatever. And yeah.. that's all... I'll be going to bed now. Oh! And.... 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XIUMIN!!! ^^
062094.jpg