Dot the i's & Cross the t's

After The Fiasco

 

 

However, as he did, his sight landed on someone that he had been dying to see for the past six weeks. His smile faded right away as his heart started drumming inside his chest. His feet froze in place and he didn’t know what to do so he just kept on staring at his best friend who was also clearly shocked to see him. A blush travelled to Kyuhyun’s cheeks when images of their last encounter came to him, and he was worried the older would feel disgusted by him. He was suddenly hoping the earth would split up and swallow him whole because as much as he loved and missed Siwon, still he was afraid to death of his reaction.

...

What surprised him, was Siwon actually taking a few steps forward, obviously walking up to him. Kyuhyun almost dropped the glass in his hand, nervousness shooting throughout his body with each step the older took.

Nevertheless, when they were close to each other, Kyuhyun’s boss came out of nowhere and draped his arm over his shoulder before walking him away from the buffet to introduce him to his wife. Siwon stood still, gazing after his best friend’s back and feeling quite bothered by that arm around the younger’s back.

“Isn’t that Kyuhyun?” His friend Yunho asked, bringing Siwon back from his thoughts and faintly smiling at him.

“Yes”

“Well, aren’t you going to say hi? I haven’t seen you guys around lately”

Siwon tensed up at that, wondering if he could ever go back to how things were between them.

“I messed up, Yunho”

Seeing the sadness in his eyes, Yunho didn’t dare to ask anything and just patted Siwon’s shoulder. He knew they would make up because everyone in their circle knew how good their relationship was.

...

Although Kyuhyun was smiling and praising his boss’s wife, congratulating her for their anniversary, deep down he was very anxious and overwhelmed to see Siwon again. His heart was about to jump out of his chest and he could feel two blazing eyes on his back but he didn’t dare to turn around.

Changmin joined them a couple of minutes later, causing Siwon to grit his teeth when he held Kyuhyun’s hand. The older couldn’t stay and watch because he was the one who was always standing next to Kyuhyun, so he just turned around and walked away, somewhere where he couldn’t see someone touching his best friend, but still in a place where he could make sure Kyuhyun wasn’t going to leave without talking to him.

...

“Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for coming to celebrate me and my dear wife’s anniversary. I hope you’re enjoying the party so far”

Everyone was gathered in the garden, listening to Mr.Park’s speech. Kyuhyun and Changmin are on one side, while Siwon and Yunho are on the other side. However, even though there were people between them, still it didn’t stop the two quarrelling friends from looking at each other.

When Siwon would find Kyuhyun staring at him, the latter would quickly avert his gaze away. And when Kyuhyun would catch Siwon looking at him, he would blush and be the one to look away again because Siwon didn’t move his eyes from him.

“Cho Kyuhyun?”

Lost in the game of stealing glances at his best friend, Kyuhyun didn’t hear his name being called until Changmin nudged him on the side with his elbow, snapping him out of his reverie. He turned to face his boss and seeing how the latter was giving him a wide smile, he suddenly started to get nervous.

“Cho Kyuhyun, being a fan of your delicate voice, can you do us the honor to sing a song for me and my beautiful wife?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes bulged out trying to process what Mr.Park was asking him to do and he suddenly regretted that time when he sang at the company for a Christmas party.

When people started clapping for him, his face turned crimson and he shyly bent his head low. He did want to know what Siwon’s reaction would be though, so he peeked his head to the side and the older was still standing there just gazing at him.

“Kyu, they’re waiting” Changmin whispered in his ear and Kyuhyun sighed as he had no other choice but to comply. He walked over to the stand where Mr.Park was waiting for him with his broad smile that called for his sole dimple to show up, and when the latter motioned for him to take the mic, Kyuhyun bowed a little at the guests before turning to discuss the music with his boss.

...

“So this song is dedicated from Mr.Park to Mrs.Park. Happy 10th Anniversary”

Everyone started clapping again, making Kyuhyun really nervous more than he already was. His eyes met Siwon’s and he couldn’t believe what came out of his mouth next.

“This is for you”

Siwon’s eyes widen at that, making his body tense up especially when Kyuhyun looked shocked as well for his own words. They stared at each other for a minute before the music started playing.

Mr.Park walked to his wife and asked her to dance, and that made the guests look for their own partners as they joined the happy couple as well on the dance floor. Changmin turned his eyes from one side to the other, pouting as he didn’t have someone to dance with, but unexpectedly, someone tapped him on the shoulder making him curiously turn around to see who it was.

“May I?”

Changmin blushed when he recognized the man in front of him. Since Yunho was Siwon’s friend, they ran to each other several times when the latter hanged out with Kyuhyun. Changmin couldn’t deny that he had a little crush on the guy and that explained the reddening cheeks and the glistening eyes.

“I’d love to, Yunho-ssi”

So like that almost everyone was paired into couples and took their positions, slowly dancing to the rhythm and excited to hear the singer… well except Siwon who was only standing in one corner on the side, eyes fixed on his best friend who closed his eyes and took a deep breath in and out before letting the first words fall out of his mouth…

(A/N: Now go to this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlIGDImiU Listen to the song and imagine Kyuhyun singing it in front Siwon ... You have to! :p)

Let me be your hero

Kyuhyun opened his eyes, locking them with Siwon’s again because he felt like singing the lyrics to him…

Would you dance
If I asked you to dance?
Would you run
And never look back?

Would you cry
If you saw me crying?
And would you save my soul, tonight?

Would you tremble
If I touched your lips?
Would you laugh?
Oh please tell me this.
Now would you die
For the one you loved?
Hold me in your arms, tonight.

Suddenly Kyuhyun felt like there was only him and Siwon in the place…

[Chorus]
I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

Would you swear
That you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie?
Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
I don't care...
You're here tonight.

Siwon’s chest started to ache as those words were sending bullets straight to his heart…

[Chorus]
I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

He couldn’t look at him anymore. Kyuhyun bent his head low, staring at the wooden floor while his hands were clutching tight on the microphone trying to block his tears from bursting out.

His heart was beating so fast and when the ache of missing Siwon came rushing through his veins, all he wanted was for the song to end so he could go and talk to him. He couldn’t take being apart from him anymore.

When he had to sing again, he looked up and a tear managed to break free when he tenderly looked at the dazed Siwon, who was stunned by Kyuhyun’s singing, yet completely surprised by the way the latter was looking at him…

Oh, I just wanna hold you.
I just wanna hold you, oh, yeah.
Am I in too deep?
Have I lost my mind?
Well, I don't care...
You're here tonight.

He unhooked the microphone from its stand and walked to the side facing Siwon, whose eyes started to brim with tears as well…

[Chorus]
I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.

I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I will stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away.
You can take my breath away.

I can be your hero

As the last tunes of the music faded away from the speakers, people started to clap at Kyuhyun, wide smiles on their faces as they enjoyed the song very much. Mr.Park walked over and motioned for him to get down, thus breaking the intense gaze he was sharing with Siwon.

Kyuhyun inhaled and exhaled to get rid of the tears that were gathered in his throat. He put a faint smile on his face when Mrs Park hugged him but his mind was only with Siwon and how the latter might’ve taken the song. He swiftly excused himself and walked to where Siwon was standing, feeling annoyed when a few guests stopped him to compliment his angelic voice, and when he finally stood where his friend was seconds ago, he didn’t find him.

His heart felt hurt and he was so scared of what Siwon might’ve been thinking at that moment. He poured his heart into the song and he sang it specifically for him. His tears found their way to his eyes again and he had to clench on his chest and bite on his lower lip to suppress his pain that was building inside him.

“Kyu? That was amazing!” Changmin approached him, ready to hug him but stopped when he caught on the sad look on his friend’s face.

“What’s wrong?” He worriedly asked, causing Kyuhyun to lean on him, his body not able to support his weight any longer. Changmin was startled but he let the boy burry his face in his chest, while he soothingly rubbed his back.

“Did something happen?” Asked Yunho who joined them, frowning at the sudden act and not liking how Changmin had another man in his arms. The latter sympathetically looked at him as he shook his head and muttered ‘later’.

A couple of seconds later, Kyuhyun pulled away, wiping his face and looking at Yunho.

“Hyung, where is Siwon?” His voice cracked, but since Yunho knew something was up with the two, he didn’t want to say anything about the topic.

“He just left”

Kyuhyun slowly nodded even though he was very sad and disappointed that he didn’t get to talk to Siwon and explain things to him. His tears were threatening to fall again but he blocked them and asked Changmin to drive him home.

The latter willingly agreed, whispering something to Yunho, and when the latter nodded and smiled at him, Changmin took Kyuhyun’s hand and made their way out of the house.

...

Once they were in front of Kyuhyun’s apartment, Changmin offered to walk him to his door but the latter insisted that he was fine.

Dragging his tired body out of the elevator to reach his apartment, Kyuhyun froze in place when his eyes caught Siwon waiting in front of his door.

The latter was leaning on the wall, nervously fidgeting with his feet, not really noticing that his awaiting boy was already there. Not until there was a sudden voice coming from the elevator as it closed its doors, that Siwon turned to his side and noticed the younger standing there, looking at him.

He took a deep breath and walked closer to him. His hands sweating and trembling but he had to make things right.

“K-Kyu…”

That was the first thing he heard from Siwon in six weeks and he couldn’t help but start crying. His head was hanged low as he started sobbing and shaking making Siwon anxious and scared.

“Kyu, are you crying?” Siwon asked unsurely, he was afraid to death that Kyuhyun didn’t want to see him. He knew he must’ve hated him but he just had to talk to him.

“I’m sorry…” The younger muttered under his breath but Siwon heard it and it made him widen his eyes.

“Oh, no. I’m the one who should be sorry” Siwon argued, wanting to hug the crying boy but he still didn’t know if he was allowed to.

Kyuhyun shook his head frantically, still looking at the floor as he spoke “It was entirely my fault. I’m sorry I made you do that. I’m sorry I asked. I don’t want you to hate me, hyung”

More tears were falling on the ground as the boy kept on sobbing and sniffing non-stop. Siwon gritted his teeth at the sight, not believing the words that just came out of his best friend’s mouth. Forgetting about his insecurities, he stepped closer, pulling Kyuhyun into his embrace and hugging him tight while pressing kisses on the top of his head.

When he felt the boy calm down, he slightly pulled him away, cupping his cheeks and looking into his eyes before speaking.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. It was all on me. You have no idea how torturing it was for me to think of what I did to you. You have all rights to hate me, Kyu. I can’t forgive myself for what I did”

Kyuhyun held on Siwon’s hands that were cupping his cheeks, clenching on them as he widened his eyes at his friend.

“I don’t hate you, hyung! I can’t hate you… never!” That brought a small smile to Siwon’s face as he leaned forward and pressed a long kiss on Kyuhyun’s forehead. The latter just closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment while caressing Siwon’s hands with his thumbs.

“I hurt you” Siwon stated, his lips still pressed on the younger’s head.

“I know you didn’t mean to” Kyuhyun assured him, and he had to pull away when he felt a teardrop falling on his cheek. He worriedly glanced at Siwon, moving his hand to wipe away his tear and sweetly smiled at him.

The older appreciated how Kyuhyun was trying to make him feel better, but still it could never take the guilt away. That day would be hunting him for a long time ahead.

“I missed you, Kyu”

Those words made Kyuhyun realize something… that even though they were together now, it didn’t mean that Siwon returned his feelings. He didn’t know if he was willing to go back to the way things were before because that time was very painful. He knew he had to tell the older how he felt and even though there was a big chance that Siwon would hate him for real, he couldn’t live with ‘what ifs’ anymore.

Siwon sensed the change of expression on the younger’s face and he started to get nervous again. His hands moved to cup Kyuhyun’s hands, bringing them to his mouth before pressing few kisses on them.

“S-Siwon…” He paused, but the older was busy kissing his hands that he only hummed at him.

“There was a reason for what happened that day” That managed to draw Siwon’s attention to him. The latter had a sad look on his face at the mention of that unfortunate day, but he still didn’t say anything. He just looked at his friend, letting him finish what he wanted to say.

“The reason I asked you to… was because… Well, you’re my best friend but…” He couldn’t seem to let it out. He was so scared of Siwon’s reaction and he was searching for something in the latter’s orbs that would give him some kind of hope and courage to confess his feelings, but he couldn’t read what Siwon’s eyes were telling.

“Siwon… I don’t know if I should say this, but I have to” He took a deep breath before adding “I l-…”

“I love you too”

Kyuhyun’s eyes were about to fall out of their sockets when Siwon cut him off. Not only that, but the older just told him the three magic words. As in the three words he was dying to hear from him. The three words he had been suppressing inside his heart for years.

Suddenly, he started shaking his head frenziedly while detaching himself from Siwon’s grip.

“You don’t understand hyung. It’s not the same”

Siwon narrowed his eyes for a second, trying to figure out what Kyuhyun was talking about, but when he got it, he could only smile and take a step closer, taking those delicate hands in his once again.

“I know. I’m sorry I never noticed”

Kyuhyun tilted his head to one side, wondering what Siwon was referring to. The latter slightly chuckled before clarifying.

“First the song, then a little bird told me and I realized what a fool I have been all along”

Kyuhyun was still dumbfounded. He squint his eyes, trying to read Siwon’s thoughts but nothing.

“A little bird? I’m afraid I don’t understand what you’re saying, hyung”

Siwon found Kyuhyun’s way of speaking very much adorable, and to let him understand fully what he was talking about, he thought the best way was to show him.

He leaned forward, catching Kyuhyun’s lips between his own and emitting a gasp from the younger who did not expect that kiss at all. Kyuhyun was definitely startled at first, but when Siwon parted his lips and slipped his tongue inside, he could only moan and immediately reciprocate as he fluttered his eyes closed and lost himself in the way his friend’s tongue was skillfully dancing with his own.

Siwon pulled away too fast to Kyuhyun’s dismay. The latter’s eyes were still closed and the older could only amusingly watch the beauty in front of him. The parted swollen lips, the flushing cheeks, the fluttering eyelashes… Siwon had no doubt about his feelings.

“Siwon… I don’t know what to think anymore. I’m confused!”

Kyuhyun muttered, with his eyes still closed as he was afraid that he would be welcomed with doubt if he opened them.

There was no response for a second, but then Siwon leaned forward again, pressing a chaste kiss on the younger’s lips and moving away he whispered “I love you, Cho Kyuhyun”

Kyuhyun sighed, slowly opening his eyes and surprisingly finding Siwon’s orbs full of tender and love and no hint of uncertainty.

“But you’re not gay!”

“I guess for you, I am” Kyuhyun glared at him upon feeling the amusement in his tone. This was serious and he needed Siwon to be serious as well.

“Well, I don't know! Maybe this is why my previous relationships never worked. Maybe because you’ve been by my side all this time that I thought it was only friendship. I was content only by your company and that was what made up for my screwed up relationships. The one thing I know for sure is that these past six weeks have been hell for me and made me realize that I simply can't be happy when you're not next to me”

Being it rational or not, Kyuhyun didn’t care anymore. He took a step closer, wrapping his arms around the older’s neck, before closing the gap between them and kissing him eagerly.

Siwon smiled into the kiss, satisfied by that action as he circled his arms around the younger’s waist, bringing him even closer as his tongue slid inside again, roaming the unfamiliar cavern, tasting each part and leaving Kyuhyun breathless after a couple of minutes.

Loud sounds of breathing echoing around the hallway as both were trying to regulate their breaths. Their foreheads pressed together, while their eyes were locked on each other.

“Wanna come inside?” Kyuhyun shyly asked, getting a nod and a peck for an answer.

...

When they stepped inside the apartment, Siwon back hugged Kyuhyun and pressed kisses from his nape down to his neck, emitting a few groans from the younger who felt his knees wobbling.

“Want to have something to eat? I noticed you didn’t eat anything earlier”

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes in confusion, wondering how Siwon would know that. He detached himself from the hug and turned to face Siwon questionably.

“How did you know?”

Siwon smiled and scratched the back of his not so itchy head with a little blush on his face.

“I’ve been watching you, and I know you don’t like that kind of food”

Kyuhyun could only smile as his cheeks turned dark pink at the sudden attention. Of course Siwon always treated him good, but now it was different. Their relationship was different.

“You really do know me too well”

“Because I’m your best friend”

The younger nodded in agreement, tiptoeing a bit to place a peck on Siwon’s lips before reaching for the latter’s hand and gripping it tightly.

“Let’s eat”

Siwon followed his lead with a wide grin on his face, happiness shooting out of his ears as he couldn’t imagine how things turned out for them.

...

Once they were in the kitchen, Kyuhyun let go of Siwon’s hand, earning him a whimper that made his heart flutter. He timidly looked at Siwon, pecking him on the cheek as he moved to the fridge to see what was good to eat. He found some leftovers and a pizza which he decided he would heat up and off you go. His stomach was already jumping at the sight of food, finding his appetite surprisingly back.

Siwon walked to the sink to wash his hands, but as he opened the faucet, water splashed on his face and shirt. Kyuhyun heard the gasp behind him and when he turned to see what it was about, he was faced by a grumpy Siwon, pouting at him.

“I told you to fix this like a million times already!” He complained, but the sight was too funny that Kyuhyun could only laugh heartily at his now wet friend. The white shirt was showing his skin and it made Kyuhyun stop his laughter enough to swallow the lump on his throat. Thinking Siwon looked hot, the younger had to blush at that.

“It only does that to you, hyung! Let me tell you, that faucet doesn’t like you!” He started laughing again and even though the older glared at him, he couldn’t stop so he just turned to the side reaching for a towel and giving it to him.

"You’re mean, Kyu!” Siwon stated sulking, causing Kyuhyun to reach for his collar, pulling him in for a quick kiss.

“Go change in my room” Siwon nodded while pinching Kyuhyun’s cheeks before he walked out of the kitchen.

...

Ten minutes later when Siwon hadn’t came back to the kitchen yet, Kyuhyun started to feel worried. He let go of what he was doing and walked to his bedroom. Once he stepped inside, he was shocked to see Siwon sitting on the floor, legs brought to his chest and head buried in his knees. With quick steps he was crouching in front of him, running his hands in the older’s hair before asking.

“Won, what’s wrong?”

Apparently, Siwon was spacing out as he didn’t hear Kyuhyun coming in. When he saw him in front of him, he quickly wiped away the tears on his face and cupped his cheeks ever so softly like he was fragile and would break under his touch.

“What is it hyung? You’re scaring me” Siwon felt guilty for worrying Kyuhyun so he frantically shook his head and pulled the younger to his embrace.

They stayed in that position for a while, Kyuhyun resting his head on Siwon’s chest while he was sitting between the latter’s legs. The younger’s fingers lovingly tracing the older’s bare chest.

“Hyung? Talk to me” Kyuhyun bit on the inside of his cheek, afraid of the answer as he didn’t know what quite changed from a few minutes ago. He could hear a sigh and the arms around his body tightening.

“It’s just… being here again reminded me of that day”

Siwon sadly exclaimed and Kyuhyun cursed himself for not thinking about that before. His eyes roamed the room, looking at his bed which he hadn’t slept in for six weeks. Yes, ever since that encounter he couldn’t manage laying his body on that bed. He did clean the sheets since there were blood stains on it but he just couldn’t sleep on it again. It brought him too many painful memories.

“I didn’t mean to… I’m sorry”

Siwon suddenly pulled him out of his arms, looking straight into his eyes as he determinedly said “I don’t ever wanna hear you apologize for that day again. It was my fault. I’m the one who should feel sorry for the rest of my life”

New tears escaped Siwon’s eyes and Kyuhyun just had to assure him that it was going to be okay from then on.

“Hyung… C-Can we forget about it?”

Siwon pressed a kiss on his forehead before smiling at him “Baby Kyu, I would love for you to forget about it, but trust me I can never do that. It’s the biggest regret of my life”

As much as those words sounded right to Siwon's ears, Kyuhyun thought otherwise. He shifted his gaze to the floor, biting on his lower lip nervously and it didn’t go unnoticed by the older.

“Kyu? Did I say something wrong?” Siwon asked worriedly and it made Kyuhyun look up at him before speaking his mind.

“Hyung… Do you regret sleeping with me that much?”

Siwon’s eyes bulged out not only at the innocent way Kyuhyun asked that question, but also at the gravity of those words that made him scold himself for not phrasing his thoughts well enough. He cupped Kyuhyun’s face again, placing a kiss on his lips before letting their gazes meet.

“No. I didn’t mean it like that. I regret what I did to you, that I had no restraint and I just let my anger get the best of me. I know you would’ve wanted our first time to be special, and I ruined it for you”

Kyuhyun suddenly blushed, taking the chance to avert his gaze away when Siwon’s hands loosened on his face, but before he could say anything, Siwon added OMG! Wait! You were a , weren’t you? Of course you were! OMG! What have I done?!”

Suddenly Siwon started freaking out. He stood up from the floor and started pacing the room with his fingers buried in his hair and mouth hanged open. He could not believe that he had hurt his best friend like that and it was his first time. It must’ve been painful like hell.

The younger stood as well, getting closer to Siwon and stopping him in place by putting his hands on each shoulder. The latter looked at him apologetically with eyes blurry from the tears that wouldn’t stop falling down his cheeks.

“Siwon listen to me, it already happened we can’t take it back. I know it didn’t go how I pictured it would be, but still it was you and it helped you somehow. Please stop blaming yourself, I forgave you, didn’t I? Can you please… please let it go?”

There were no hard feelings of any kind in Kyuhyun’s orbs. He meant what he said and he had already forgiven Siwon the second it happened. He couldn’t hate him because all he had for the guy was love.

“What did I do to deserve you? Kyu, I’m really… really sorry!” Siwon started sobbing and all that Kyuhyun could do was wipe away those tears with his sleeves before pulling the big guy into his arms, hugging him tightly and letting him bury his head in his crook.

He soothingly rubbed the older’s back for as long as it took until Siwon was calm again. When they pulled away, Siwon tried to put a smile on his face, knowing that his behavior would only remind Kyuhyun about that fiasco and he didn’t like that.

“Come on big baby! You can make it up to me later”

Kyuhyun’s words made Siwon’s eyes pop out as he tried to process the meaning behind them. The younger just had to chuckle at the sight of his puzzled friend.

“You don’t want to?” He asked pouting, trying to sound innocent and making Siwon very nervous.

“I-It’s not like that… K-Kyu…”

Sensing his friend struggling, Kyuhyun moved forward and caught his lips. They kissed slowly, taking their time in appreciating each second of it, and when they pulled away, Kyuhyun whispered against the older’s lips “I know you’ll be gentle”

Siwon got even more anxious by those words. He appreciated how Kyuhyun trusted him enough to let him make it up for his wasted first time, but still he was afraid he would disappoint him.

Kyuhyun could see the hesitation in the older’s onyx orbs so he pulled away from him because he didn’t want to pressure him into something he didn’t want to do.

“It’s okay, hyung. We don’t have to”

He patted Siwon’s arms and turned away to leave. However, before he could take any step further, the older held his wrist and pulled him back to his body, crashing their lips together and immediately engaging them in a passionate kiss...

 

-Tbc-

 


Where did that 'tbc' come from? -_-''
This update is just getting longer and longer >_<
Well, since I'm still not done with a certain *cough* hot *cough* scene,
here's something for you to read in the meantime ^^

PS: Seahorse... I had the plot and I figured Hero would be a good fit for it. It's not a oneshot based on the song, but I still hope you'll like it ^^