Make Up or Break Up?

My Boyfriend's Bestfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

It felt like the world was crashing down on you… That time seemingly slowed down as you watched the horrid scene… You couldn’t move nor speak. Your heart ached as if it was being stomped on. But the tears fell easily on their own.

 

“Oh, hey, Kye. I thought you’re going ahead?” You heard Donghae’s voice. 

 

But still you couldn’t find the strength to tear your eyes off. It was clear now - the girl Kyuhyun likes was Minah. It has always been. Was he just pretending that he had no feelings anymore for her? He was, wasn’t he?

 

“Kye? Why are you crying?” Donghae was beside you and asked.

 

Still you couldn’t find your voice. He looked to where you were looking.

 

“Oh ,” he whispered. “No, don’t look,” he whispered and embraced you tight and spun you the other way.

 

“It hurts…” You whimpered, crying. It does, and it hurts more than seeing the same scene with Donghae before. You had the strength to turn around and leave that day...but now, you don’t.

 

“Shh… Shh… I know… Let’s just get out of here, okay?” He said.

 

You shook your head. “I don’t think I can…”

 

Donghae cupped your face. “Look at me,” he instructed. “You don’t have to go through this. I’m here and I love you.” Donghae placed his lips on yours for a couple of seconds. “You don’t need him. Let’s go.”

 

Donghae pulled you but you stay put. Why… Why couldn’t I feel anything with Hae? You asked yourself. The kiss felt like nothing. No sparks, no fireworks...nothing ignited… It was undeniable now. No matter how much you try to give Donghae the love he wants and be with him, you still can’t feel anything compared to how much you feel by simply standing beside Kyuhyun. 

 

“No…” You muttered, pulling your hand away from him. “I… I have to tell him the truth.”

 

You spun around and walked towards the bench, shaking...tears falling like a waterfall.

 

“Kyuhyun…” You sobbed. 

 

He turned around. His round eyes grew big and he stood straight up. “Kye? Kye… why are you here? I thought you’ll be sleeping ahead? Why… Why are you crying… Why…”

 

“Kyuhyun… I understand now…” You said. “I know now that she’s the one--”

 

“Who? Minah?!” He said. “Oh god, no, Kye… Not her. I swear.” He whispered weakly as he took you in his embrace. “I swear I have no feelings for her.”

 

“It doesn’t matter… what I’ll say won’t matter…” You cried.

 

Kyuhyun cupped your face between his hands and wiped the tears away. “Kye, stop crying, please.”

 

You bit your lip and took a deep breath. You spoke shakily. “I-I hope you’ll be happy… you deserve to be happy… You’re an amazing guy and you took care of me without any complaints… You don’t need to worry about me now…”

 

You tried to walk away but Kyuhyun caught you. “What… Why are you… What are you saying? Are you and Hae…” His voice wavered.

 

“No… It’s not that,” you shook your head.

 

“Then what? Please, Kyesin… I’m worried…” 

 

You took a deep breath. Your hand a fist. The tears fell down continuously. “I… I… I love you, okay? I ing love you!” You cried to him.

 

You turned around and ran away, couldn’t bear the pain anymore. You understood your heart well now. You now know you love Kyuhyun more than Donghae. That Kyuhyun is the reason why you’re having doubts taking the scholarship. That Kyuhyun was the reason why you haven’t gotten back together with Donghae. That Kyuhyun was the reason why you can’t feel anything at all with the other man. You thought you loved them both but the truth is, it was only Kyuhyun whom you loved as a man. What you felt for Donghae was platonic...guilt, maybe, for pushing him aside and falling for his best friend in place of him.

 

“Kyesin, wait!” Kyuhyun called, chasing after you.

 

But you ran away further. You don’t have the courage to face him after admitting such a big thing.

 

“Oppa~ just stop!” You hear Minah.

 

“Let me go!” Kyuhyun said. “How many times do I have to tell you that I have no more feelings for you?  Just stop pushing yourself to me. It won’t work!”

 

“She’s not worth it!” 

 

“She’s not worth it?!” Kyuhyun shouted angrily. “I ditched my business meetings with important international partners and bought a last minute ticket just to see her this weekend. She is worth every ing second of my life and I don’t want to waste any of it! I love her. I love Kyesin and if you have a problem with that then you better stay the hell away from me.”

 

Your feet abruptly stopped. With teary eyes, you turned around to look at him running towards you. “What did you just say?”

 

Kyuhyun took your hand in his and placed it on his chest. With soft eyes and a gentle smile, he spoke. “Can you feel that? It only beats like that whenever I’m with you… And it goes haywire whenever I brush your face…” kyuhyun then brushed your face. “Or when I hold your hand…” He held your hand. “Or when I have you in my arms…” He then embraced you. “Do I have to spell it out for you? Do you want me to confess again? I love you, Kyesin. And do you know when my heart nearly explodes? When I do this...” Kyuhyun cupped your face and pressed his lips on yours. And there it was. The spark you were looking for. The fire igniting in your heart making it leap out of your rib cage if it could. Kyuhyun’s heart was the same, beating crazy and erratic.

 

“You… You love me?” You said.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Ah~ babo~ such a cute babo~” He pinched your cheeks. “I’ve confessed to you a number of times already and you still don’t get it? I kissed you during our pretend date!”

 

“I thought it was a platonic kind…” you said.

 

He shook his head. “I love you as you. It was so hard to pretend I didn’t have any feelings for you. But now I just couldn’t anymore. At first I was happy if you were too... But seeing you with Donghae hurt me more than I expected. I wanted you so much. I know he’s my best friend, but couldn’t I be selfish too? I want you more than I’ve wanted anything ever. I love you.”

 

He tipped your head up with his finger and held t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter