❄ Chappie 2 ❄

~B a e k S i c a One-Shot Collection~

 

Have you ever wondered which hurts most?: Saying something you wish you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had.

                                                                 - Unknown

 

 

She watched as the couple snuggled closer to each other every moment. Her heartbeat was beating as usual in his presense, except this time, it was much more painful.

The sight in front of her was unbearable; she quickly turns away and looks at the stores they are passing by.

"They said it would be fun. They said I wouldn't be the third wheel. Sure," She muttered to herself as she scanned the area they were walking around in.

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked from behind the couple. Them being so distracted with each other, they completely forgot about her. They didn't even bother to reply.

"Baek," 

No reply.

"Byun,"

Still no words in return.

She walks up to the two and whacks the back of Baekhyun's head. In response, he flinches and rubs the back of his head, stops walking and looks back.

"Oh," He smiles. "Hi, Jessica,"

"Excuse me?" Jessica spoke in fluent English.

Not knowing how to reply, being a natural-born Korean, he just nods a bit and smiles.

"Wipe that stupid smile off your face," She growled, this time not in English. But the language Baekhyun understands. Immediately, the plastered smile disappeared, his expression was now neutral, neither sad nor happy.

"What's wrong, Sica?" The girl clinging onto Baekhyun's arm asked, oh so innocently. Feeling a bit calm hearing her best friend's voice, she forced a small smile.

"Nothing, Taeyeon."

In return, the older girl smiled back and looked up at her boyfriend, then looking back at Jessica.

"Oh, alright. I thought something was wrong...you seemed quite angry." Taeyeon untangled her fingers from Baekhyun's, and unlatched herself from him and walked over to Jessica.

"Are you...on your menstruation?" Taeyeon whispered at her friend. "Is that why you're a bit cranky right now?"

Jessica's eyes widen a bit, as she shakes her head. "Tae! Don't just say that in public. No, I'm not on it. Ok? Sheesh."

The older girl giggled at Jessica's reaction and nodded. "Well, if you are, I brought extra...you know, feminine napkins." Taeyeon throws her a wink and smiles like a dork she is.

Chuckling a bit, Jessica only nods as her answer before linking arms with Taeyeon. It was hard to stay mad when it was related to her best friend, even if she is dating the one guy she ever actually fell in love with. Yes, Jung Jessica is in love with Byun Baekhyun. But what can she do about it? If she was just one step ahead before Taeyeon, Baekhyun could have been hers. She could of had a chance. But, no, she was too chicken and couldn't find the right time or words to tell him. Was she being stupid? Perhaps. But now he has someone else, and that someone else was her best friend. She was not willing to ruin their relationship for her selfish needs.

If Taeyeon were to even find out about her feelings for Baekhyun, then she would probably give up on Baekhyun just for Jessica. That's not the way she wants it to be. She wants her to be happy as well. Jessica's happy most of the time, to see her closest, and dearest friends happy. Together.

Jessica let out a sigh and stared at the backs of the happy couple. Should she leave and let them have some alone time? Her heart squeezed in protest but her mind convinced her that it was the right thing to do.

Her eyes darted around the area until she spotted the couple. They looked at each other with so much affection, it irked her to no end. She scrunched up her nose in disdain and looked away before her heart breaks even more.

She trailed behind them slowly while her eyes filled with tears. She blinked them back, not wanting to appear weak in front of him, especially not in public. She would become the laughingstock of the city.

The city was lit up in various colors and it was the only thing cheering the girl up. Jessica looked up at the enormous tree that could easily be classified as a skyscraper and smiled softly. Christmas was always special for her since Baekhyun's family as well as hers would gather and have a huge feast in celebration for the coming of the new year. Or so they say.

Jessica doesn't mind it much since she could spend quality time with Baekhyun. Although on some occasions, Taeyeon would join the two families because she was like another sister to you and another daughter to your parents. Now, with her being Baekhyun's girlfriend, Jessica couldn't help but think that she would be included in this year's celebration. She sighed and resisted the urge to pull her hair in frustration.

She pouted cutely like a little suburban kid lost in the big city of Seoul. She scanned the area for the couple and let out a groan when she discovered they had forgotten about her completely and left.

Pulling her iPhone out of her coat pocket, she dialed Baekhyun's number which was on her speed dial.

"Where are you?" Jessica growled.

"Under the mistletoe near the christmas tree," He replied calmly, "you just ruined a perfectly romantic moment there Jess. Great job."

Jessica growled once more at the small device and hung up, dumping her phone back into her pocket. She pursed her lips in anger. He ditched her on an outing he persuaded her to come along with and now had the nerve to accuse her of ruining their moment?

Her nostril flared as she walked towards the tree, sending a cold glare at those who stood in her way. When she had finally gotten close enough, she spotted the couple making out under the mistletoe. She stared at them in disdain as she felt that familiar sinking feeling in her heart. Sure she had seen them make out a bunch of times, but that doesn't mean she's not hurt every time they do.

Jessica shook her head and massaged her temple as she sank down on a bench.

"Why did I fall for you?" She whispered to no one in particular. She squeezed her eyes shut and begged her heart to let go of someone who would never be hers, but it wouldn't listen for it has a mind of its own.

What was she supposed to do? Allow herself to drown in her own tears? Or die from some sort of heart attack? Either one seemed possible as of the moment.

The girl opened her eyes and looked longingly at the one who held her heart. He was now smiling sweetly at the girl, his eyes were practically the shape of hearts and one could see the love oozing out of his whole being.

Jessica rolled her eyes at the lovey dovey couple and stood up, marching towards them.

"Baekhyun. We need to talk," She said through gritted teeth.

"I'll be right back," He said with a wink towards Taeyeon, who in turn giggled and waved. Baekhyun turned to the fuming girl and crossed his arms in dissatisfaction. There was no trace of friendilness on his face.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about? What was it that it was so important you had to drag me away from Taeyeon?" He grumbled.

Jessica stared at him and sighed. "You've changed..." She whispered to herself and looked down. She actually didn't have anything to say. She just didn't like them being so close.

"Well?" He cocked an eyebrow in her direction, expecting an explanation.

Jessica racked her mind for an excuse but to no avail. Should she just tell him the truth? No, she couldn't possibly do that.

"Jessica Jung," He growled and tapped his foot impatiently. "I'm waiting."

She looked up at him with an emotionless face, trying to prevent herself from blurting out her thoughts.

He sighed and turned his back on the girl and began walking back to his lover.

Jessica looked down in disappointment and bit her bottom lip to prevent tears from escaping. She felt alone in the world. Like she was of no use, of no value to anyone. Fishing out her phone, she tried to come up with an excuse for leaving early, but then again, it's not like they'll notice.

She looked up at the sky and seeing that it was clear, she decided to walk home and in turn, clear her mind. Sadly, she couldn't get her mind off of that ignorant boy and the oblivious girl. Sure she was cold at times, but she let her facade down a few times and it was enough of a hint that she liked the guy.

Her phone beeped and snapped her out of her trance. She had a new message from...Baekhyun?

Baekhyun: Where did you go?

Jessica chewed on her bottom lip as she fiddled with the iPhone. It was such a bother having long nails and a touch screen phone.

Jessica: I left.

After thinking it through, she had left it at that.

Baekhyun: No sherlock. I meant why?

Jessica frowned. "I left because your lovey dovey acts made me feel like I was having a heart attack," She mumbled softly, but she didn't type that. She just turned off her phone and continued walking home.

The wind blew from behind, making the tips of her hair her stain-dried,pale cheek. Crying in the middle of the night out of fury and despair. She felt so inferior towards the way Baekhyun acted towards her because of his girlfriend, who is also her best friend. She's devastated because she had a chance with him but never took that chance. She blew it away and it was handed down to Taeyeon. 

The heels of her converse clacked on the floor from her dragging. She looked around to find herself in the wrong street.

"Passed my own street. Babo," Sighing in frustration, she turns back around, looking for her street. 

Jessica wasn't even sure where she was. She was lost. Wonderful.

She pokes around the area looking for a way out and back onto her own street. But, having no sense of direction, she has no idea where to turn, or head to.

Having not much of choice, she takes out her phone and turns it back on. Only to be welcomed by left messages and voicemails by the one and only, Byun Baekhyun.

Ignoring them, she looks through her contacts and calls someone who can come and get her.

"Yobesayo?" The person on the other line said. It was obviously a female's voice, husky and icy. A bit like her own.

"Soojung-ah," Jessica smiled and called out into the phone.

"Unnie? Wae are you calling right now? I was about to take a show--" She was cut off by her older sister's words.

"I got lost somewhere. I need you to come pick me up."

"Aish...alright I'll be right there. Now I have to put my clothes back on and every--" Once again being cut off by her older sister.

"I don't care about your little complaints. I'm at Hankdok St. right now. So,hurry up." 

"Complaints? Well sorry. But who was the one that caused it? I believe it was you," The younger one mumbled and sighed. "I'll be right there."

Krystal was the one to hang up, as Jessica pushed her phone back into the back pocket of her denim,skinny jeans.

She blew out hot air from and watched the chilly,steam come out and travel into the air. One arm was placed beside her, as the other arm rubbed it to keep herself warm. Which obviously not working, since her entire being was shaking due to the chill.

Minutes later, a car arrived, but it wasn't her sister's car. It was a car she was too familiar with. 

The door of the car opened and a male figure came out. 

"Of all people," She mumbled to herself.

"Jessica." 

"What now?"

"Krystal called and told me you needed a ride home."

"Well, I did. But not from you. Besides...I can find my way now."

"Oh please, Jessica, we all know you have no sense in direction."

Rolling her eyes, and ignoring his statement, she trudges down to the back door of his car and opens it.

"You don't want to sit up front?"

"Shut up," She snapped at him and went inside the back of the car, slamming the door shut behind her.

"Did..did I do something wrong?" He blinks and whispers to himself before entering the car, and shutting the door.

"Hurry up," Once again, snapping at him.

"Someone seems to be in a bitter mood, huh?" He smiles from the rearview mirrow before starting the engine and driving off.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?"

"I don't recall."

Jessica rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over the seatbelt,glancing out the car window.

Snow.

Snow had begun to fall and trail down the window. It was nice when it snowed, it really calmed her nerves down. She smiled a bit to herself before driving her attention to the man driving.

"Baek."

This time, he actually replied. But that's only because his girlfriend wasn't here with him.

"Hmm?" He raised an eyebrow as he focused on driving. "Didn't you tell me to shut up?"

"Fine." She looked back out the window and stopped talking.

"Alright, what's up? I was just joking, alright."

"Nothing, nevermind."

"There you go again, Sica, you keep pushing whatever you need to say back."

She was hesitant at first, because she had no idea what to say. But she was completely caught up in the moment,because she finds it the most romantic when it snows. And it just had to snow when she was with him, alone.

Jessica's mouth parted a bit, but no words uttered out. She shook her head and sighs.

"Nothing."

"Jessica, come on, you can spill it."

"No I can't."

"Why not?"

"It..I just..I can't."

She hears him sigh before saying a few words.

"Alright, I won't force it out of you,Sica. But if you ever need to talk, I'm here," He turns his head slightly and smiles at her.

"Right...because you seem to always be there for me,right?" Her lips quivered a bit at her own words, but luckily he didn't hear her as he continued driving.

Awkward silence crept up on them, and there was nothing but the sound of the engine. Baekhyun clears his throat to perhaps ease the silence, but it was no use.

"Hey...Sica?" 

"Mmm?"

"You know how our families are going out for dinner?"

"What about it?" She raised an eyebrow, but continued looking out the window.

"I won't be going,"

Is it possible for her heart to sink anymore? Apparently, it was. And it was no fun at all to her. 

The frown was now plastered on her face, and it may stay like that for good if she kept doing so. She didn't know how to reply, really. But she just needed an answer, maybe it was a reasonable answer of his.

"Why?" She whispered, loud enough for his ears to hear though.

"Because Tae and I are--"

"Taeyeon?!" Jessica snapped, hearing that name again.

"Y-yea,"

She bit down on her bottom lip.

"You're choosing your girlfriend over your own family?!" And over me?

"Well...I didn't think it was that big of a deal,"

"Not a big deal? Are you an idiot?" Jessica flared at him.

"W-well...it's just Taeyeon wanted to go on a date and such, you know?"

"No, I don't know. I don't know why you choose her over me!" Her words thrashed out so quickly, and she poured all her devotion into those words. But regretting it immediately.

She breathed heavily from all the ranting and shouting at the man driving, but no reply from him. It was like being ignored when he was with Taeyeon, but it was worse. It felt like rejection. 

"What...what are you talking about?"

"N-nothng," She whispered. "Continue driving...we're almost there,"

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, and decided to ignore it, and drove off like she requested. The silence oozed in again, although the silence they have now was much different.

It was filled with loss,despair, regret.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We're here." He sighed out and parked his car on the side of her house. No movement or noise came from her, as she was still looking out the window, lost in her own desperate,little thoughts.

She nearly fell over when Baekhyun suddenly opened the door, since her elbow was settled down on the door. Luckily, her seatbelt prevented her from falling any further.

Releasing a sigh of relief, she unbuckles her seatbelt and steps out of the car, hastily avoiding any contact with Baekhyun. She rushed onto her door steps before being called out by Baekhyun.

"You forgot your hand bag." 

Squeezing her eyes shut tightly, before sighing and turning around, she forces a small smile and goes back down to recieve her property.

"Thanks."

"No problem..."

They stood there for a while, she was avoiding eye contact while he was directly staring at her.

"About what you said in the car--"

"Forget it, Baek. It was nothing, I was just upset that you weren't going to the dinner party...so I slashed at you with words I didn't mean, ok? Don't think too deeply about it..."

"Oh..." Is it possible he actually felt a bit disappointed? Yes, it is. Because he did feel that way. There was always a little hope in him, deep within him, that Jessica might actually like him.

"I need to go." She played a small smile and walked back to her doorsteps.

"Ok, good night!" Baekhyun called out to her before entering his vehicle.

"Good night to you too." She smiled before entering her house. And I love you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honestly I'm not quite sure where this chappie was heading in the first place....

So I winged it c;

Hope you guys don't mind the crappiness of my 'winging' But I don't know v.v

I just ugh sdjkfhkdhkghfd

Wish I could do better.

I promise when I recover from my weird,tiring feels, I'll be up and righting good .

By the way,

Let's all take a moment and thank the second author -Undefined <-- Click the name for link.

If it weren't for her, this chapter wouldn't be finished until like next week.

I LOVE HER SO MUCH UMG JKFDHKSDFHKS

NOW GO SHOWER HER WITH LOVE AND RESPECT.

GO BISH GO.

<3 Treat her well. Subscribe to her, give her points, or even marry her.

Haha, no jk you can't marry her.

Hah

Ok.

No seriously, don't marry her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

fdhskdjfhsdkfhsdfh

So yea.

I love you chu guys ;; Undefined loves you guys too.

Baeksica shippers, ftw.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- Sorry if there are typos and such, we didn't really proof-read it, or read it throughouly for checking, so please do not point out certain mistakes,  because we will not bother to fix it. We are lazy people. otl. Sorry once again. -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Special thanks to ---- _SarielK_ for them posters c': I'm expecting another one, and I'll be sure to use all three of the posters.

Thank you for your time and effort into these posters.

We appreciate them very much ^-^

Link to le profile: _SarielK_

Click click click. Sub sub sub. Points points points.

K.

If you ever need a poster go to herrrrrr.