Introduction

We Got Engaged?!

“We’re in need of a change,” spoke the Head Director of MBC’s variety show ‘We Got Married!’ “Our ratings are dropping! What we need now is something new to bring the viewers back. We can’t let this continue, we dropped from the number one hit show, to the forth!” He took a breath to calm his nerves. “This is now a brainstorming session people! We need these ideas more than ever! Especially when we need this change to be successful!”

Around him, his sub-directors glanced at each other checking to see if anyone thought of anything, most of the ideas were just plain boring. It took only four minutes before he took notice of the two interns inside the room, both looking anxious to say something, but seemed rather scared to voice their opinions.

“You two in the corner!” He said getting their attention. “Do either of you have any ideas you’d like to share with us?” Both interns turned their heads to look at the other, before looking back at the Head director nodding their heads rather quickly. The smaller of the two pushed the other out, causing the other to glare at her.

“You see sir...” She started nervously “We noticed the ratings for WGM were dropping, so we-being Mi Seon-ah and I- came together and thought of what we could do to add to the show to make it more interesting.” She paused for a while looking slightly hesitant to continue, but a “go on” hand motion from the Head forced her to finish what she was saying. “I think some of the ideas we came up with would help to bring viewer ratings up. That is, if our ideas are actually used to try to make the ratings rise.” Although a thought entered her mind as soon as she finished ‘...and that is one big if.’

The Head Director was interested, and said “Then would you please tell us your ideas?”

All was silent for a while, before the smaller intern Mi Seon decided to speak up. “Well you see sir, seeing as how a forbidden love is what the public loves the most, Ji Hae and I thought off having a twist to the normal couples. Seeing as how the couples are paired up with friendly rival companies... We thought ‘why not have a married couple from SME and YGE?’ Deciding that, we then thought of the perfect pair from these two company

The PD was silent. “Are you trying to end us? YG and SM are famous for not getting along well!”

The two interns flinched at his angry tone, before one bravely spoke up. “No, but think about it! A couple from two entertainment companies that are rivals! It’s kind of like Romeo and Juliet’s love concept!”

The PD nodded his head slowly seeing the benefit of the idea and looked at the other directors to see their reactions. No one seemed upset over the idea, rather they looked strangely fascinated with it. Interested he looked back at the interns. 

"And what is your next idea?”

“Our next idea, was to have an engaged couple. As most of our couples are married, we thought a twist to the usual wedded couple would surely cause a riot. Of course they would get married later in the show, but we thought the viewers would like to watch a pre-wedded couple.”

The PD’s attention was caught. “And who do you think we should have as our engaged couple?”

“SHINee’s Lee Taemin, and 2NE1’s Gong Minji.”

“And your reason for your choice?”

“Many fans have expressed a… very big interest in Taemin and Minji appearing in a show together, and having a dance battle. So we thought, if they are engaged what would the viewers think? Also they would be asked to do special stages together, such as a dance off, or maybe even a duet.”

“ …. I see…Very interesting. Miss Kim, Please call YG Entertainment and SM Entertainment requesting a meeting… Call YGE first...If he agrees, then call SME…He surely would not refuse then…That is all for today. Dismissed.”

While the two interns and the board of directors cleared out, the PD stayed in his seat, his mind thinking one thing… ‘How interesting the meeting was going to turn out.’