Chapter 3: Spilling my heart out

Far Away From A Jerk

Chapt e  r   3

Akane walked into the park, swishing her head to the right and left, in search for Kris.

Please don't tell me he ditched... she pleaded in her head.

"Looking for someone?" a voice said.

"KRIS!" Akane shouted, completely startled.

"Haha, scared you."

"YOU LITTLE WORTHLESS-!"

"Am I gonna teach you or not?" Kris raised an eyebrow as he interrupted her.

"I guess so... w-wait? What's the whole point of teaching me? I don't even want to learn anyways..." Akane fidgeted with her fingers.

"Well, you came anyways. Looks like you wanted to, unless you wanted to see my face. Which is perfectly fine as well." he laughed.

"Idiot! You're such a slob, honestly," she scoffed, "And I just had nothing to do, okay?! I was bored..."

"Thanks for the compliment. Anyways, first we have to-"

"Can we not practice? Instead... I kinda just want to sit. And rest." Akane sighed, falling to the ground.

"You lazy, pig. But I guess we can..." Kris sighed and sat next down next to her.

"Thanks..." she sighed once again before staring off into the sky, "You know, this feels nice. Sitting down on the grass and feeling the fresh air. Only downside is that you're here with me..."

"You too." he smiled sarcastically.

"You know, it also feels nice to have a friend..."

"What'd you mean?" Kris furrowed his eyebrows, "What about Suzanne and those shady twins?"

"I just- Suzanne likes you and is really pissed at me for being bothered by you... Chii and Mi are all on her side, so I don't really have much friends." she unlocked her gaze and replaced it with the grassy greens underneath her, feeling their cool surface.

"Then I think I should leave... I don't want your friends to be upset at you, and I don't want you to get caught rehanded. See you tomorrow if I can, ugly duckling. Goodbye," he got up with a yawn, slowly walking away.

"Wait!" Akane jumped up and grabbed him by the wrist, "...y-you idiot. I didn't mean it like that..."

Kris turned his head around and looked at the serious Akane, gripping onto his wrist, with a hurtful face.

His eyes scanned the park around in panic, a bit scared that someone would ruin this moment because for some reason... the sudden feeling was foreign. He felt lighter but a bit anxious, filled up with nervousity. 

"Well, it's not I really want you to, but... please stay." Akane's bottom lip quivered. 

Perhaps it was as if she was reliving the moment where she lost a friend? Emotionally at least.

"Uh, fine I guess..."


 

For the next hour, the two sat under a tree. Kris listened to Akane vent about how she felt about the current situation, getting all the details about the bathroom scene and the angry phonecall from Chii after school. He felt as if Akane was opening up to him a bit, and that there was a side deep inside her that he was gaining access to. The only thing that was left was to melt it down.

"That sounds... tough." Kris was stunned by Chii's harsh words Akane quoted.

"I-it kinda is... and it doesn't even feel right without them. Plus, I won't have anyone to be with at school and at Disneyland-" Akane stopped her sobs as she felt a pressence behind her. And so, she turned around to see a very angry Suzanne not so far.

"Oh is that-? Okay, let's go home. I don't understand why I'm doing such a thing for an ugly duckling, but might as well." Kris stood up, flinching when he felt something.

"...d-did you feel a droplet as well?" Akane asked.

"Yeah... Here, I'll take you home. It's not too far from my house, plus, it's dark and I'm sure it's gonna rain soon." Kris held out his hand for her to take.

"A-alright... but I'm not accepting because I want to... but because I can't turn this offer down." Akane took his hand and he pulled her up.

"You're quite peachy..., ugly duckling." Kris laughed as Akane almost tripped.

"Shut up, you hopeless slob!" 

There's the Akane I was looking for... such a nusiance, but such a spark, he thought and smiled to himself.

"Hey, you greasy ert! Wipe that grin off your face, it's quite disgusting!" she whined.

"You're disgusting too, but it's okay."

 


Author speaking!

HI. IM SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES. its just school and stuff and distractions kjfhgkfdjgj; WHEE SO YAY KJDGHFJKG urgh its gonna be long before this turns into a long distance thing HaHAHA NO JK it wont b/c ill eventually do a time skip?? and lmao wtf was suzanne doing there? SOMEONE CALL THE STALKER POLICE okay no sorry i just- SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...! i love my subbies <3