Safed

Safed

 

It was cold, chilly but she didn’t care. She continued walking in this endless night. She walks without a destination. Thinking what had happened in her life. Her tears stain was still visible. She didn’t bother to wipe or clean it. To her, everything was useless.

She had a perfect life but to her, it wasn’t. Her mother is a professional doctor while her dad is a professional lawyer. As they have a hectic life themselves, they didn’t have time for their one and only daughter. They live in a normal house. It was big or normal. It was a perfect size for them as a family. Her parents expect her to get perfect grade like them but she knows she couldn’t. She had tuition since she was young but she still didn’t do that well. She made it a pass but didn’t meet her parents’ expectations. She decided to quit tuition do more self-study more. She wanted attention from her parents since that is the only place she can get it. She could only meet them in that morning when they are having breakfast and seldom during dinner.  

When she in school, she is just neutral, hyper at times and normal at times. She has her closes friend but she still can’t call them her “sisters”. Usually most of the time, she is quite gloomy. She doesn’t go to the cafeteria during breaks. She’ll just starve herself and sleep in class. She usually only drinks plain water. She thinks she is fat. Well, she had been called fat most of the time. She tried her best to lose weight but she just can’t. She had a boyfriend but he didn’t make any afford so she broke up. She became more anti-social after that. She was a perfect student not considering in grades but her personalities in studies was great. Her teachers couldn’t still understand why she isn’t getting high grade for her studies. Only she knew why.

She wanted to kill herself but usually discovered by her friend. Her friend usually come at right time when she was about to end her life. Her friend would lecture her about what will happen if she ended her life but nothing actually went in her head. Her parent didn’t really know that she tried suicidal attempts. There was one time, she drag the razor a couple of times and she let it bleed and she treated her wound all by herself. She wrapped the bandaged around it and during dinner her mom asked her about it and all she said that fell during PE and her bluntly buy it. She feels that they don’t really care anymore.

Now, she is on top of a building, getting ready to jump. She was holding onto the railing that was at the end of the building.

"Bye Mom and Dad. Bye Sulli." She whispered

Without her knowing, there was someone looking at her but wasn’t really doing anything. Just observing her.

“Are you really going to jump?” He asked her.

She turned to him and just look at him.

“Are you really going to jump? What about your parents? What about your friends? Did you ever thing about them? How will they react if they found that their daughter or friend committed suicide and it was too late to help her?” He bombed her with questions.

Then he continued, “They will regret it. They’ll feel that wasn’t worth enough. Your parents will feel guilty and could not do anything about it. All they can do is remember all the memories that you had with them. How about your friends? They will just feel that they were not good friends of yours.”  

That hit her hard. Hard in her stubborn mind. She didn’t really think about them. All she thought about is that they will have a better life without her. To her, it was better if she wasn’t even born.

“Let me help you. Let me fill that empty spot of yours. I know you feel lonely. Mostly, let me help you.” He said and held out his hand.

She hesitated. He was a stranger who bombed her with questions. However, she felt comfortable. She feels wanted for the first time.  She feels that he was sincere. She feels that he was truthful. She feels that he really cared. He wasn’t like any other guy in her school.  She knows that he was being serious.

She took his and he pulled her into a kiss. It was her first kiss. She was stunned but she relaxes after that. She kissed him back with the same passion that he gave her. They broke the kiss and her tears starting to flow because for the first time, she felt loved. He wiped her tears.

“I promised you, I’ll stay if you change. I am going to help you, first starting with your room because I am positive there are things that are dangerous.” He said.

They intertwined their fingers and they started to walk to her house.

“Lee Howon but calls me Hoya instead. Do you trust me?” He asked

“Lee Howon, I trust you.” She whispered and their lips collided again before they went on to change her life