Part 1

A Change of Mind

There he was, up to the barista. He knew Hana was right behind him in line, he just wanted to make her wait and annoy her—it was one of his favorite things to do. She never knew why but he was pretty good at it.

“Kim Himchan, I swear to fu—”

“Shh, I’m speaking,” he said, cutting her off. He shooed Hana away with his hand and returned his attention back to the lady behind the counter. She twirled her hair and Himchan continued to speak in his flirting voice. Rolling her eyes, Hana smacked his arm and walked away. Who cared for coffee anyways? She can get through the day without coffee—or at least she hoped. Himchan turned his attention back to her walking figure and finally made up his mind on what to order.

“Well, this is something new,” the flirtatious barista said, handing him his coffee. “You usually don’t order this…”

“I’m trying something new, honey,” he replied, winking at her. She smiled sheepishly as Himchan made his way out. He found Hana sitting on a bench under a tree, rummaging through her back. He took a seat next to her, casually sipping the coffee he ordered. “Bleh,” he coughed in disgust as he extended the coffee towards her. “How do you drink this? It’s too sweet.” Hana gave him a weird look, shoving his hand out of the way and replied, “Drink what? Isn’t that your everyday Americano? Aren't they supposed to be bitter instead of sweet?”

“It’s not, it’s the French Vanilla you drink all the time,” he said as he wiped his mouth.

"Why in the world did you order that if you don't like it?" you asked. He shrugghed and made another attempt  to hand her the coffee but she scoffed and brushed it away once more. “I don’t want that, you drink it yourself. You ordered it anyway.” Pushing herself off the seat, Hana started to walk away but his hands were quick, pulling her back with her bag. “Hey, hey, don’t leave! I bought you your coffee! You should at least take it and drink it!”

“Himchan, I don’t have time for this, I’ll be late for class, I already forgot my USB with my notes in it at home. I have to go back real quick—”

“Breathe,” he reminded her, placing a hand softly on her shoulder. Hana inhaled instantly. “You can borrow my notes.”

“Like you take notes,” she laughed. He gave her a stupid look and she laughed even more. “Alright, alright, send them to me.” Hana took the coffee out of his hand and walked away.

“You’re not even gonna say ‘Thank You’ or something?” he yelled out. She turned, sticking her tongue out, giving him an unfriendly middle finger gesture and strutted off once more. "I'll—I'll take that as a thank you…" He walked away with a smug smile on his face. At least he made her smile for once, that's for sure.

 


 

This might be a two/three-shot I don't know yet but I will update sometime during break! I hope you enjoyed this :)

WHOA. I WROTE THIS AS A "YOU" FIC BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT THE MAIN CHARACTER HAD A NAME. I TOTES FORGOT OOPS. Had to change it real quick. :/