Collection Part 1: Winter Segament - When The Night Sky Fall...

Infinite One-Shot Collection: Man In Love

 

When The Night Sky Fall...;927 words.

            A figure was sitting down on one of the swing. No force was added to create a motion, instead, the figure was looking at the sky. The moon was bright, reflecting upon a small puddle. "Where are you, Woohyun?" the voice mutters. Yes, indeed, the boy that the figure was yearning for goes by the name of Woohyun. Nam Woohyun.

            "Myungsoo, I'm here!" a voice loudly said, waving and at the same time, trying to catch his breath.

            A smile was formed upon the boy's face. The one that he yearns for is finally here. The love of his life. Myungsoo knew that Woohyun is his other half right from the start-right when their eyes made contact for the first time.

            Myungsoo walked over and hugged Woohyun tightly. "I miss you," Myungsoo whispered in the boy's ear. Woohyun could feel Myungsoo's breath against his ear, causing the temperature to rise.

            "I miss you too, babe," Woohyun whispered back, making Myungsoo blushed a bit. They stayed in that position for a while. A very long while. A playboy and a heartbreaker during the daytime, who would have thought that they were dating. The fact of the two dating is a secret nonetheless. The entire student at Woolim High would totally oppose from this. That is about 650 students-which is a huge amount of students opposing. The only time that they can actually spend their time is during nightfall. Yes, nightfall with just the two of them at the abandon park.

            They both slowly back away from their hug. "Where do you want to go?" Woohyun asked his beloved. It was always Myungsoo that tried his best to satisfy him and now, it was his turn. He wants to put in effort.

            "Anywhere you want." Myungsoo smiled. Woohyun frowned at the answer. He didn't want to hear that. Myungsoo noticed and asked, "What's wrong, Woohyun?" He was clueless upon Woohyun's change of expression. He knew that he didn't say anything wrong either since he was honest with his answer.

            Woohyun heaved a sigh. "L-ah. Do you want me to speak with honesty or flattery?" Myungsoo was hurt and shocked by the fact that the name, L, came out of Woohyun's mouth. It made him feel like a stranger.

            "What do you mean by that, Woohyun?" Myungsoo stutters.

            "You need to understand the fact that it doesn't take one player to play in a game of two. I want to do something for you. I don't want you to be the one who always put in the effort. It makes me feel as if I have done nothing in this relationship. I don't really know how to continue in a relationship like this, L. I think we need some time apart," Woohyun explains. Myungsoo was stun. He was trying to intake the given information as Woohyun walks away and slowly fade away from his sight.

            After that night, Myungsoo was unable to talk. His life has no meaning any longer. Woohyun was all he had. He locks himself in his room, looking at the sky from his window day and night. He wasn't normal. He became a living zombie.

            Around 9:00 PM, his brother, Kibum, couldn't stand any longer and went into Myungsoo's room. He would drag the boy out if he needed too. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo!" his brother sturdily said. Myungsoo's eyes never leaves the window. "You can't be like this anymore. Go outside and take a walk." No answer was the response. Kibum sighed and walked over towards Myungsoo. "As much as I hate this, I am dragging you out of this house." Kibum grabbed Myungsoo's arm and dragged him till they reached the living room. Kibum quickly grabbed a jacket, made Myungsoo wore it, and push him out of the front door. Myungsoo sighed in defeat.

            "Guess I have to walk," Myungsoo softly uttered.

            He was walking down the street without an exact destination. The cold air was concentrated throughout the city of Seoul. Myungsoo rubbed two hands together, hoping that it would make him feel warmer a bit-and it actually did.

            After a while of walking, he ended up at the abandon park-the one where they broke up. He saw a figure on the swing. It reminded him about the event that happened about a month ago. As he walked closer, the figure becomes much vivid. "Woohyun," he whispered. Myungsoo was confused. Why would Woohyun even come to this place again? Especially after what happened. Woohyun immediately recognized the voice. He looked at the direction that he heard it from, even though it wasn't that loud.

            "Myungsoo? Is that really you?" Woohyun walked towards Myungsoo. Myungsoo nodded. Instantly, Woohyun tightly hugged him.

            "Do you know how much I miss you? I could barely survive a day without you. I would always come here, hoping that one day, I would be able to see you again. I regret so much. Will you forgive me, Myungsoo?" Myungsoo was speechless. Tears escaped his eyes. He let out all the emotions that have been piling up inside his heart.

            "Oh my cheesecake! Don't cry, Myungsoo-ah. Seeing you crying makes my heart shatters." Woohyun was panicked, not knowing what to do in this state. "Will. You. Ever. Say. That. You. Will. Me. Again?" Myungsoo asked between his sobs.

            "Of course not! I regret that I said that night. The first time my eyes lay on you, I knew you were mine." Woohyun put his arms around the boy.

            "I. Love. You. Nam. Woohyun." Myungsoo sniffles.

            "I love you too, Kim Myungsoo."