Jiyoon Version

WHY

A/N: Everything in italic means the thoughts of the character.

Jiyoon Version

‘Why I’m starting to feel different about you?’ I look at your pretty face.

You’re talking to someone I cannot remember his name. ‘Why do I keep staring at you?’

I hug you… trying to show you how much I love you. I don’t really care if the person you’re talking to find this weird… You simply smile and keep talking like nothing happen…

‘You hurt me…’ but then, why do I want to be by your side at every moment? Why my body refuses to move away from you?

I don’t really like girls but you are different…, every time I’m with you I feel revived… I feel an attraction I’ve never felt with anyone else…, not even Sungkyu-oppa…

You’re saying goodbyes to the man you were talking to. ‘Don’t move away…, play with me…, look at me…, love me…’ I beg inside my head. I cannot tell you such things…

‘Gayoonie…’ I said under my breath trying to look inside those dark-brown eyes of you… You turn around and smiled like you always do… I feel dying inside…

‘Seriously, what is wrong with me…?’

‘Are you ok, Jiyoonie?’ you ask patting my head. I nod and get near you.

‘I love you’ I say speaking from inside my soul.

‘I love you too’ you say like a normal thing. You’re thinking I’m talking to you like friends do, but the truth is, I’m saying it like lovers do… But no, you don’t see me… you don’t see my feelings…

‘I’m serious’ I grab you hand. You squish it and giggle.

‘Me too’ you say and I feel sad…

‘You’re not seeing me… Why don’t you believe me?’

You’re getting closer. ‘What is this?’

Suddenly I feel your arms around my neck.

‘Why are you making that face?’ you ask concerned.

This is the moment I’ve been waiting for… I put my hands on your waist and make my way to your lips. I kiss you. You’re not refusing me.

‘What is this? You’re not moving away?’

Your lips move softly against mines. A thousand butterflies are wreaking havoc among my body. My limbs feel numb and my head is spinning.

‘This is definitely the best moment of my life…’

‘I really love you’ you say between kisses. I smile and keep kissing you…

Your hands are playing with my hair. I’m playing with your shirt… You’re giggling.

People are staring… We don’t care… This is the most beautiful birthday gift someone ever gave me…

‘I love you…!’