01

Butterfly In The Rain

   It was such a boring weekend. You had nothing special planned and you were itching to get out of the house. You had no idea what to do. Soori, your best friend, is currently on vacation and won't be returning until later tonight. You laid down on your bed and listened to music when your phone suddenly rang.

   "Hey Hyeri!" Soori greeted."Are you busy? Do you have anything planned later?"

   "Hey! No, why?" You asked.

   "Can you do me a favor?"

   "Sure, what is it?"

   "Could you pick my cousin up from the airport at 10:00 AM today? He called unexpctedly and we won't be able to pick him up. Also, if you could entertain him until I get back that would be great."\

   You checked your clock and saw that it was already 9:30 AM. "Yeah sure, but I think I'm going to arrive late. How will I contact him?"

   She gave you her cousin's number and you rushed to the airport. You dashed to the arrivals gate and checked the electronic board to see if her cousin's plane has landed, turned out it has. You waited for awhile to see if her cousin was still inside.

   You called the number Soori gave you after waiting for a long time and a male answered. You agreed to meet him at the airport cafe. Once you got there, you called him again since you had no idea what he looked like. You sat down and scanned the cafe.The guy literally across from you answered and he immediately stood up and you did the same.

   "Hi, I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." He announced after taking a sip of his mango smoothie. *Wow, you're so pretty.* He thought. "You must be Hyeri."

  "Um...Yes." You replied shyly. "Nice to meet you."

   "Yes, very nice." Baekhyun muttered.

   "Sorry, what was that?

   "Nothing." He let out a nervous laugh. "So are you hungry?"

   "No, I'm fine." You denied. Right after you answered your stomach growled and you felt your cheeks turn pink.

   Baekhyun chuckled. "Come on, I'll buy you a snack and we'll have real food later."

   You tried to turn him down, but he insisted you get something. He even threatened to not leave the airport if you didn't get food. To prove his point, he sat back down in a more comfortable position and took sips of his smoothie for at least 15 minutes. You finally decided to get a banana nut muffin and so did he and both of you ate it on the bus. You reached your house and rested for awhile.

   After Baekhyun woke up from his little nap, both of you went to the mall. You walked past a jewelry store and a cute, blue butterfly necklace caught your eye. "Wow, it's pretty isn't it?" You asked Baekhyun and he nodded and smiled. Sadly, you couldn't buy it because you didn't have enough money, so you resumed shopping.

   Baekhyun bought himself new clothes and also some female clothing, you presumed it was for Soori. Afterwards, the both of you went to the ie cream shoppe. You were having so much fun being with him, you wished that it would last. Spending more time with him wasn't an option because it was almost twilight and Soori would be home soon.

   When you arrived home, you helped Baekhyun with his luggage bags and offered to drive him, but he rejected. He didn' twant to bother you. A taxi was waitin outside and he was all set to leave. You waited until the taxi left to go inside and you felt disappointed. To distract yourself, you started doing your chores. In the middle of doing your chores it started to rain. You went out to throwthe garbage away and saw Baekhyun soaking wet and cold.

   "Baekhyun?" He turned around and smiled. "What are you doing here? You're soaking wet. You're going to catch a cold. I thou-"

   Before you could finish your sentence, you felt Baekhyun's soft lips against yours. At the same time, you closed your eyes and kissed him back. You could feel him smiling and he slowly pulled away.

   "I couldn't go and I've been wanting to kiss you since I laid my eyes on you." Baekhyun confessed. "Oh! I almost forgot." He pulled out a small box from his back pocket and handed it to you.

    You opened it and saw the same exact butterfly necklace you were looking at earlier. "How-when did you get this?"

   "I quickly ran back when you were getting us ice cream."

   "You are the sweetest guy I've ever met." You grinned and wrapped your arms around his neck and you kissed him again. Baekhyun placed his hands around your waist and pulled you closer and deepened the kiss..