제 1 장

Etude Of Memory

 

 

Seoul, 4th of January 2013

“I’m leaving you two to discuss with each other”, Architect Lee leaving both of them alone and he stopped right before reaching the doorknob and glanced towards The Architect and The Client that have been avoiding each other’s gaze.

“Why so awkward there? Aigoo, hope they could ease at each other’s presence. This is problem though if the client and the architect didn’t get along well”, the middle-aged man shrugged his shoulders and going out from the room.

 

…..

 

Kyuhyun stole a glance towards the man in front of him and cleared his throat. Deciding that it would be the best if he’s the one to clear the awkwardness filled in the room.

“Choi Siwon, you didn’t remember me?”, Kyuhyun slowly but sure asked as he suddenly found this confidence inside him. The muscular man looked up from the content of the map Architect Lee Soo Man had giving him towards Kyuhyun’s shiny black orbs.

“P-pardon me?”, Siwon furrowed his eyebrows a bit and throwing Kyuhyun a question look. Yes, he felt familiar with this guy but who is he? He’s dying to know and he wants to ask but what he expect earlier wouldn’t come. Instead of the conversation that go through well like a river like he expected, he didn’t know that they both would fall into an awkwardness.

“Still the same Choi Siwon I knew of course..”, the brunette said as he giggled a bit and Siwon didn’t expect that the guy could be so beautiful giggling all like that.

“Okay, I will stop pretending didn’t act friendly from earlier but really Choi Siwon, you forget the greatest gamer Cho Kyuhyun? Introductory of Architecture Class?”, Kyuhyun’s face comes a bit closer to him and Siwon’s head suddenly deciding to rummage the memories he erased from his freshman year while he’s in college.

 

 

 

Seoul National University, 15th of October 2005

 

“Woah so many students joining the Introductory of Architecture class”, the Chinese boy beside Siwon exclaimed as he then wrapped his arms around Siwon’s shoulder.

“Yes, but why most of them is the same gender as us? Oh my god, I should instead picking the drama class or what is that class related to so many women in their class instead this class, auh..”, the girlish guy in their group whined as he sit besides the clever and handsome looking guy at the right of Siwon.

“You should treat us on meal Changmin-ah, we’ve agreed once we got in the college we choose the class because you plead on Siwon and knowing he is a gentleman, he dragged us towards here to make more entertain”, the girlish red-haired guy exclaimed as he hit lightly the clever and handsome looking guy.

“Yes then, I will just treat Siwon hyung and Hankyung hyung and who are you dearest miss? You’ve got a wrong class..”, the clever looking guy mocking the girlish guy and of course Siwon and his Chinese guy friends laughing at the remark Changmin used to the girlish guy.

“You’re calling them hyung but not me? Okay, Changmin, get ready for my wrath..YAAA—“

“Good Morning class..”, the professor makes its way towards the front class, surprised the students in the class including all four flower boys that didn’t realize their being in class being watched by many girls swooning over them.

“Let’s start our lesson and—“, the teacher stopping his words while he’s watching a certain thin guy entering his class with so much noise. Of course, all of students attention following the professor’s eyes and looking at a thin figure entering the class hurriedly but that didn’t make his appearance unattractive because he looks like the weird but interesting nerd.

 “Sorry Prof, I got lost and—“

“Yeah yeah, new guy, take and fill the empty seat wherever you could find”, the Professor get annoyed and continuing to distribute the paper for absent to the kids in front.

The new guy sat in the corner of the room besides the window and Siwon took a glance but his eyes just uncoincidentally met with the new guy’s eyes. The new guy’s eyes looks a bit tired because the eyebags prominent under his eyes indicating he maybe didn’t get enough sleep. Siwon’s big eyes got bigger when suddenly the new guy broke the gaze and looking towards the window, snapping Siwon from his thought and met his conscious mind. He just had an intense stare with the new guy and blushed to himself.

He braved himself to take a glance towards the new guy again and unfortunately he caught himself staring at the guy’s figure and the sun shone brightly right through this guy, making him like an angel.

He’s a guy, Siwon knew that, but how guy could actually be such a beauty like that?

Siwon broke the intense gaze and clutched where his heart is, beating like crazy and being caught red-handed staring again at the new guy by Hankyung, he didn’t even dare to even take glance again towards that guy.

Because he knew, his Chinese friend, Hankyung is an observer.

 

 

 

After Class

 

“Where should we go? I have a class at noon and you guys?”, the girlish boy asked to the three of them.

“I have class Heechul-ah, I’d go first. Bye!”, Hankyung waved at them before completely gone towards the sea of students.

“So? Where should we go? Canteen? Changmin-ah—“, Heechul bumped into a guy and fortunately Siwon is there caught the diva before he fell to the floor and the three of them looked at the one who’d cause the incident that maybe could fish out the diva’s wrath.

“YAAA YOU!”, too late, Siwon one steps too late to stop Heechul’s wrath and here they are.

The guy that already fell to the floor looked up and staring right into Siwon’s eyes making Siwon flinched a bit because it’s the new guy who had been staring at him earlier in the class.

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you okay?”, Changmin helped the poor guy stand up and clean the dirty from his pants. The poor guy named Kyuhyun blushed and nodded.

“I’m okay Changmin-ah. I’m sorry sunbaenim”, Siwon watched how the guy bowed at his and Heechul direction and his pale cheeks became red a bit.

“No need to call him sunbae, Kyu. He is the same year as you.”, Changmin said while patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Heechul glared at the taller and snorted. But Siwon just could mesmerize looking at the guy.

“Then, I’ll go first”, Kyuhyun bowed and left them. Changmin smiled and both Heechul and Siwon looking at him weirdly.

“Mwo? You must be curious about that boy”, Changmin guessed as he fixed his glasses and smirked.

“He’s my hoobae, just like you all. But seems he’s very tough rival back then in middle and high school”, Changmin told them making their jaw dropped at the statement.

“He’s nearly genius then. You’re undefeated when it comes to study?”, Heechul amazed and intentionally praised Changmin. While Siwon, he’s just smiled at Heechuls’s remark, cause he knows that Heechul just saying sarcastic.

“Hyung! You mocked me, right?! Ya! Heechul hyung! I’m not going treat you to a meal!”, Changmin shouted when Heechul suddenly ran away and Siwon just could giggle a bit seeing the childish act from his friends.  Changmin throw his arm to wrap around Siwon’s shoulder and hit gently and lightly Siwon’s chest making the gesture for Siwon to catch it.

Siwon furrowed his eyebrows as Changmin gave him a gesture and he knows that it would lead to something that ‘clever’ guy wants him to do.

“Aiyye, this hyung is really slow~ you are the gesture man really but you even can’t read my gesture?! Aissh..”, Changmin complained and whined at the no-response he get from Siwon. The gesture man completely caught in a sudden confusion.

“Come over at my house tomorrow with Heechul hyung and Hankyung hyung, arasseo hyung?”, Changmin ordered at him and hit him again lightly in the chest and moving his bag strap slightly to a more comfortable ones. That moment when Siwon finally realized that Changmin want him again to do their first assignment.

“Ya! Changmin-ah! I want to do that assignment too! Oh gosh, this kid..”, Siwon shouted and cursed under his breath. “Need to do it quickly of course”, the young man said and he ran quickly to the bus stop and got to the bus in time when the door almost closed.

Siwon’s breath hitched as he caught the new guy that he barely knows his name just a moment ago from Changmin staring at him just a second before throwing his glances to the window.

Siwon sit across the guy and looked awkward even the guy didn’t mind him again. The gesture man caught himself stole glances towards the ravenette guy. He couldn’t help but staring intensely at his face from the window glass as he looked so peaceful. The ravenette hair that completed the beautiful face Siwon thought really attractively caught his attention though his eye bags prominent under his eyes and making him looks like he just cried, he didn’t mind. That guy simply looking beautiful for Siwon’s eyes, though Siwon is one of devoted Christian but he didn’t deny that he is completely fall in love at first sight with a guy.

Though Siwon really want to reason out that this person is really a beauty, but he admitted of course this person is a he and he admitted that he also had cause a great sin by fall in love with the same gender as him.

But..who cares? Siwon likes him and unfortunately that guy caught him red-handed staring at him from the window glass.

The gesture man widened his eyes in surprise and turned his head towards the window avoiding the guy named Kyuhyun stares.

At the rest of his journey to Jeongneung, Siwon didn’t even dare to take a glance again to Kyuhyun. When the bus stop right at the Jeongneung bus stop, Siwon pressed the red-button on the side of the window causing the bus to stop and immediately going out avoiding Kyuhyun of course and didn’t even realize that Kyuhyun was also stepping out from his seat to the exit right behind Siwon.

The gesture man in a dazed for a second before he realized that there this one person who bumped at him and saying ‘watch out your walks’ and in a minute later he walked and caught him bump into a street light causing him to knock at his sense as he continued to walk and just realize that his ‘crush’ is walking ahead of him with light steps.

He immediately remembered that his ‘crush’ also lives near here in Jeongneung. Siwon smiled at the memory back in their first class. How that guy joked and making all the students in the class laughed, the class maybe mistook him he was throwing a joke but no Siwon knew that Kyuhyun wasn’t joking from his innocent and dumbfounded face.

He really didn’t know the right route from Jeongneung to their college and didn’t even have the slightest idea (maybe) that whose tomb is in Jeongneung area and guessing as King Jeonjo at first, Jeong jung and finally the class cracked at the last answer.

“Chong Yagyong?”

Siwon bursted out laughing again as he remembered how Kyuhyun answer that, the innocent tone inside his voice when he’s answering Chong Yagyong is really the purity to answer the question to the Professor’s question, no intention to make the class cracked.

“Interesting, his personality”, as Heechul said that while he’s wiping his tears that come out from the corner of his eyes while Hankyung was just as dumbfounded as Kyuhyun was making Changmin giggled a bit then hit lightly Hankyung’s shoulder.

“I’m not cracked because of him but Hankyung hyung..ya Siwon-ah, you saw his face just now? Hahaha”, Changmin showed his crooked white teeth while Siwon just give him a gentle laugh and laughing inside his mind because he’s mesmerizing at how Kyuhyun showed him his innocence.

 

 

 

Seoul, 4th of January 2013

 

Siwon widened his eyes and cracked as he mesmerized at how long it took for him to remember who Cho Kyuhyun was. Indeed, he’s really forgetting his first love’s name. That’s how Choi Siwon balanced his life, he’s forgetting what he should and want to forget and make a move on.

“You cracked and now I’m guessing you remembered me already”, Kyuhyun leans back as he smirked but he felt relieve that finally Choi Siwon is remembering him.

“Yes, yes I remember Chong Yagyong..”, Siwon mocked at him and Kyuhyun just blushed, embarrassed at the remark Choi Siwon used to him.

“I didn’t even have the slightest idea back then, whose tomb was that. Gosh, I’m not a history scholar nor lecturer you know”, Kyuhyun pouted, he defend himself.

“No need to talk about the past, we had a meeting here you know..”, Siwon changed the topic as he didn’t want to touch that topic even further cause just suddenly his past back then in his freshman year haunted him.

“Yes, I specially hired you as the architect to rebuild my house in Jeju Island”, Kyuhyun said, actually he wanted to rewind the past with Siwon but this gesture man didn’t want to and he just silently agreed to his idea to change back into this rebuild house topic.

“I already do the task according to Architect Lee and hope there’s no less as I already perfected the document as the Architect Lee instructed to me before”, Kyuhyun said while Siwon re-checked and he nodded as he agreed yes, no less.

“Yes, it’s perfect and we’ll discuss it later at a time because—“, Siwon glanced at his watch, showing it’s already pass the dinner time and Siyoung wouldn’t be glad knowing she told him to come early.

“My time has up and it’s already dinner time..”, the brunette watched as Siwon packed the things and going out from Architect Lee’s room to his room. Kyuhyun followed Siwon as he doesn’t want to bid a goodbye just yet.

“You want to have dinner? Discussing while dinner, how is it? Good, right?”, Kyuhyun suggested the idea as he watched Siwon packed his things into a bag and Siwon just looking so hurriedly and Kyuhyun hates it, watching Siwon packed his things and didn’t even mind him.

“Yeah that’s good but I have an appointment right now, Kyuhyun-ssi. So—“

“Kyuhyun-ssi? You called me right now..Kyuhyun-ssi, Choi Siwon?”, Kyuhyun frowned at the name Siwon just called him earlier.

“Y-yes. What should I call to my client then?”, Siwon cleared his throat and focusing to Kyuhyun’s looks right now. He just realized that Kyuhyun had so many changes in his looks. More mature side of course, like he’s not as thin as before, more built? But still looks so lean; a bit different from his muscular yet lean body, eyebags not as visible like before and…

Siwon frowned, he approached Kyuhyun as he barely noticed that Kyuhyun must be having a surgery on his eyelids because his eyes just didn't indicating anymore that he needs more sleep or whatsoever because those eyes now just making him more adorable with his big-doe like a doll's eyes.

He just simply realized that Kyuhyun looks even more beautiful right now and he’s cursing at his damned heartbeat suddenly beating for unknown reason, just being realized that this guy who once was his crush looking more beautiful than before.

 

His mind suddenly being knocked as he remembered how Siyoung must be waiting at him and his hand that going to caress Kyuhyun’s face stopped and his fist clenched as he lowers down his hand and drowning in into his pocket, didn’t get to notice how Kyuhyun’s smile dropped at his reacting hands.

“Just go, I won’t hold you back this time”, Kyuhyun stepped aside as he gazed down at his shoes, unknowing feeling goes inside him, clouding his mind.

Siwon watched the sudden mood change Kyuhyun had into a gloomy one, but he didn’t even realize the one that makes Kyuhyun changed was him.

“Let’s go together, you brought a car? If you don’t, do I need to drop you by at your places? Or—“,

“It’s no use, I brought my car. I’m not even having my lunch..”, Kyuhyun said before he walks out from Siwon’s room and going straight to the car park. The sudden tightened feeling in his chest making him suffocated, he rummages his pocket jeans and his pocket jacket.

 

Damn you car keys, where are you—

 

A hand stretched out coming into his sight as he looked up and there Siwon gives him his car keys. He sighed as he takes the car keys and pressed the unlock button so he could enter his car without seeing Siwon in this kind of state. He entered the car and pressed in the starter button, didn’t mind Siwon still standing outside while holding something in his hand.

The sound of window glass being knocked makes Kyuhyun lead the gaze towards Siwon outside while holding something right in his hand, his iPhone in Siwon’s hand.

 

Oh, just great Cho Kyuhyun

 

“You need to organize your things clearly again—“, Kyuhyun stepped the brakes and leaving the dumbfounded Siwon at the car park.

“and don’t forget to have your dinner or you’ll get sick..”, Siwon continued his words and rubbing his nape.

“not even have your lunch and now you just in a mood to not have a dinner..aisshh I just could accompany him to have his dinner or let him have a dinner with me and Siyoung”, Siwon mumbled in one breath.

“Why I’m worrying so much, huh?”

 

 

 

**

Jeongneung = One of the district name in Seoul (like Gangnam or else I really don’t have any idea the districts in Seoul, just quoted this name from Architecture 101 the movie ^of course take a full credit to this movie^)

King Jeonjo = One of the king’s name in the Joseon period

Jeong jung =  maybe this is not so important? Cause there’s no explanation about this, just picked up a random words

Chong Yagyong = One of the greatest thinkers in the Joseon period

 

 

picture credit to : tumblr.com