ii.

The Beautiful Curse

 

ii.


 

 The time Eunkyung woke up, she realized that she was sleeping on a very comfortable and soft, fluffy bed. I mean, my bed's all stiff and hard like a rock to begin withShe sat up on her spot, did a little stretching and rubbed her weary eyes. Eunkyung then scratched her hair and just realized that her hair wasn't that messy as usual. Every morning, she would always have that bed hair every girl would suffer of. "Eh...?" She mumbled as she brought her hair in front of her, or atleast she could call it "her" hair. It was silky as silk, and it was so smooth and straight to the point that it even shines. It was at elbow-level. One like Hana-ssi's... Her eyes widened. She took a glance at everything and anything, and to her dismay, it wasn't her room, but someone else'sW-Where am I? Eunkyung gulped. Have I been kidnapped?She stood up and wandered around in deep thought. Everything in the room was so girly; the room was mostly composed of the colors pink, blue and white! Eunkyung's room was only of the color lavendar and white.

 

 Weird. She eyed every single detail about the room. Eunkyung ended up facing the mirror. Why would some person kidnap someone like me... What the heck?Eunkyung's jaw dropped to the floor. She couldn't believe that she was the person she could see in front of her. I mean, who wouldn't? She flinched, shuddered and fidgeted as she tried to touch her flawless face. Why, she was so sure that she was inside a fun house with all those weird mirrors that makes you looks strange and distortedThis mirror must be brokenShe shook her head, trying to forgot and refreshen her thoughts and all the happenings she could still remember. Why... Why am I... She was about to run away from the room when...

 

 "Hana? I'm gonna get in without knocking because I'm so great!" Himchan entered the room, as stated, without knocking and found Eunkyung standing in front of the mirror with a surprised face because of his grand entrance. He blinked a few times, "...What are you doing? Aish, you look beautiful alreadyYou don't have to take care about that so much. Come on, we're going to be late." Himchan motioned "Eunkyung" to come near him. "W-Wait... Why am I in here? ...Hana? I'm Kim Hana? T-The queenka of the school?" Eunkyung stuttered while pointing at herself. "Psh..." Himchan chuckled, "Surprised? Did you knock your head or something?" The elder scratched the back of his head. While Himchan wasn't looking, Eunkyung literally hit her head on the wall, resulting for her forehead to get swollen. When the raven-haired man heared a bang, he faced Eunkyung, who was now cringing in pain, "What the!?" He scanned her from head to toe and realized that she did have a lump on her once lump-free forehead. Did. 

 

 "Where did this come from?"

 

"Uh... I bumped myself on the head yesterday. Nothing serious." Yeah right. It seriously hurts... Eunkyung forced a smile.

 

 "...So?"

 

"It was a really hard bump, see? It' still swollen until now. I think my mind might've gone a little messed up." She reasoned, though it was a bit unreasonable, she knew that Himchan was a stupid dork. Well, not because he was "her brother" but because they've been classmates since middle school. And no, Eunkyung wasn't a stalker. "So you mean that you have a bit of memory loss?" Himchan raised an eyebrow whilst Eunkyung nodded eagerly, tiny and slim fingers still carressing her lump. He sighed, "Well then... I'll tell you more details later. But right now, you've got to prepare. We're gonna be late for school, 'kay?" One side of his lips curled. "Yes." Eunkyung smiled, and as soon as Himchan left the room, she ran back in front of the mirror again. W-What the... How did this happen? So am I really Kim Hana? The "blossom" of the school? The epitome of beauty? The little sister of Kim Himchan!? The "eoljjang"?!  Eunkyung gulped as soon as she realized that she had swapped bodies, no, souls with Hana. So my wish really did came true. She made a tight grip on her chest.

 

 "I guess I'll just go with the flow."

 


 

  As soon as the two were finished preparing for school, Himchan and Eunkyung, now dubbed as "Kim Hana" entered the train to go to school. Cheers for a new life~ Eunkyung grinned as they entered the train. She was standing beside Himchan along the busy crowd of people. There were lots - Business men and women, students and other sorts of people. "Is your head still hurting? Are you fine? Dizzy?" Himchan worriedly asked as he tilted his head to take a look at Eunkyung's head which was hung low. "Ah! Ah... Yeah. I'm fine." She smiled. Though it still hurts... She bit her lip to supress the pain. For a while, she held her head up and saw three other people on one side of the train, also standing. Wah! It's Daehyun-ssi, Yongguk-oppa and... And who?  Eunkyung stretched her head out a bit more and squinted her eyes. To her surprise, the man noticed thi, grinned and neared her. Without realizing it, the man wrapped his arm around her with a grin plastered on his face, this made Eunkyung lose her balance.

 

 "Yo Hana~" Youngjae beamed. What? So "I" know Youngjae-ssi? Eunkyung blinked in confusion as she tried to maintain her balance. "H-Hey~" Eunkyung greeted in a cracked voice. "Aish. Youngjae-ah!" He got Eunkyung out of his grip, "Don't touch her that easily, she's fragile." Himchan patted her head, turning his "Motherly Mode" switch to "on". "Woah~ What's that thing on your head?" Youngjae hid his laugh behind his balled fist, "That's the biggest pimple I've ever seen!" He mocked. Eunkyung pouted with her eyebrows furrowed, "I-It's not!" She squeaked. "Save that face for later when we're gonna have our Algebra test!" Youngjae laughed once more. "I'm sure you'll make that kind of face when you would know the results~" He teased enthusiastically. Yep, Youngjae was high today. "The two of you are always having some kind of competition concerning grades... Just so you know." Himchan nodded as he whispered near Eunkyung's ear. "...Am I supposed to fail in Mathematics?" Eunkyung whispered back.

 

 "What?Of course you are!" Youngjae overheard them, "Are you implying that you've become a genius in Math in just one day?" Youngjae let out a laugh.

 

 Well, I do well every subject except for History. Eunkyung pursed her lips and shrugged, "Let's see about that~" She grinned. Youngjae raised an eyebrow and looked at Himchan, who also shrugged a shoulder. Oh look! It's Daehyun-ssiEunkyung ran towards Daehyun with a wide grin glued on her face. "Oh~ Daehyun-ssi? So you finally joined the group?" Himchan, along with Youngjae welcomed the handsome man. "Since when?" He raised an eyebrow and realized that there was a hopping girl in front of him, "...What are you doing?" 

 

 "Me?" Eunkyung pointed at herself as everyone nodded, weirded out by her strange behavior. "L-Let's forget about that!" Eunkyung let out a forced smile as she waved both her hands in denial, "A-Anyways..." Eunkyung made a ninety-degree bow, "Thanks for y-yesterday!" The whole train had gone silent. Everyone looked at each other, "...Eh?" Yongguk started and leaned near the younger, "You two met yesterday?" Daehyun shook his head in reply whilst Eunkyung stood up straight and looked at them in confusion. "Hana, did you two have the same classes?" Himchan asked, "Y-Yeah, well..." Eunkyung's eyes widened in realization. Ah, yes... I am Kim Hana. "Well, as much as I could remember, we only have one class, and that is Algebra...?" Daehyun pointed out with a little hint of uncertainty. What?Eunkyung slumped in defeat. So I will only see Daehyun-ssi every Algebra, morning, lunch and dismissal?! Eunkyung wanted to explode so badly. How could I cope up with people I don't even know?It was like the first day of school, where she only knew her brother and lived in a separate world. I wanna go home...

 


 

 Eunkyung sighed as soon as she saw the scenery of the whole campus in front of her. It still hurts... She held the reddish lump on her head. Well, atleast it's getting smaller. She pouted. Her attention drifted when Himchan called upon her, "Oi Hana! Let's go!" Eunkyung ran towards Himchan until they were of the same pace, "Uhm... Are we in the same class?" She took a small glance at him, "Well, there's Chemistry, Economics, and... What else? Am I in Math too?" Himchan tapped a finger on his chin and looked up. The two entered the jam-packed campus of students, and every once in a while, Eunkyung would receive a lot of stares and "Good morning"s from every boy and girl. "Good morning, Hana-ssi." One man grinned, which creeped the hell out of Eunkyung. When was the last time she had ever received that kind of smile? She couldn't remember, she didn't count, she couldn't care less. "G-Good morning..." She faked a smile and made a small bow, while the man nearly fainted. 

 

 Is Hana-ssi really this popular? Eunkyung took a glance at every person surrounding her, they wore sparkling eyes and really amused faces. She was nearly blind because of the glimmering stares striking her. Why wouldn't she? Eunkyung snorted. Of course, why wouldn't a beautiful girl like her not become this popular in a matter of seconds...? Eunkyung paused walking. No, it's not her, but me...! So then... Eunkyung looked around, trying to find a certain someone. Where is Bang Eunkyung? She then spotted the person she was looking for - Bang Yongguk. She tried to run towards the distant boy who was, as always, walking around with tons of other people adoring him. She was so far from his reach, and yet, so close when she was still "herself". Ah... He is so far away from me. Not only her own brother was literally far away from her (And also concerning the fact that she would now live with Himchan), they were so different. He was popular while she wasn't, he had the looks but she didn't, Eunkyung excels in academics but not in sports, while Yongguk fails in academics but not athletics! Truthfully, I don't feel like we actually have a relationship. She sighed on her spot, the slight gushing of the wind brushed her hair.

 

 It felt like they weren't related at all. The blood that was now running in her veins... They felt so distant to what Yongguk had.

 

 The distance of the two was now even further. It had always been. Not a single hint of being siblings wasn't seen in the two's actions nor attitude.

 

 Well, I'm not Bang Eunkyung now anyway. So it's normal to feel like I'm not his sister. Eunkyung kept on walking with her mind still wandering off to somewhere; she gripped on her chest tightly. ...Right?

 


 

 The time Eunkyung was going to enter in her first period classroom, the first thing that her eyes landed unto was the figure of Jung Daehyun walking ahead her. What? She tilted her head and tip-toed a few inches near him, while the man in front of her felt chills down his spine, noticing Eunkyung's presence behind him. He hung his head low and stopped for a moment. Eunkyung did the same, nearly crashing unto the man's back like two cars barely hitting each other. He had that same face like when it was his first day in school, which was yesterday. Eunkyung blinked twice as she lifted her chin up to only find Daehyun's unimpressed expression. Oh-uh... Deep trouble? Daehyun raised an eyebrow at her. Yep. She bit her lip, making a "Pop" sound and bowed her head. I'll be going now~ She then tried to escape Daehyun's deadly eyes.

 

 But too bad... Daehyun glided to the left where Eunkyung was going to stop her. She gulped, trying to not make eye contact with the man. I feel like I'm in a scene where the main character is held captive. "What do you want?" Daehyun asked the girl who flinched with the sudden question, "I..." She looked up and got hit with one of Daehyun's signature glares once more, "I want to go now. Bye." She headed right, he then headed right, then left, then right. It was obvious that Daehyun wouldn't want to let her go not unless he knew her true motive. The atmosphere was tense. "Let me ask you again, what do you want?" 

 

 "I don't want to be late."

 

 "You liar." Daehyun snickered, "Why are you following me?"

 

 Eunkyung stopped for a moment. She made a face and put her hands on her waist, "Wha..." She made a shocked face, "What did you say? Following you? Excuse me, I am not following you." She glared at the man who seemed impressed with her "intimidating" attitude. And there I thought he was kind. Pabo, he's only kind to ugly people. Eunkyung mentally shook her head.

 

 "Oh really?" Daehyun chuckled, feeling unimpressed once more. "Okay, so you are not following me. But why are you in here?"

 

 "Why? This is my class." Eunkyung bluntly stated as she blinked at him.

 

 "No it's not. I told you, Algebra is our only class together, Kim Hana. Remember that. And this is not Algebra, it starts at the afternoon." He flicked her forehead. Eunkyung froze in astonishment. The time he said "her" name kind of reminded her that she wasn't in her real form at all. Oh yeah... "I k-know that... W-Well then." Eunkyung coughed, trying to shoo off the awkwardness she just put up, "I've decided I will be in this class. I'll just shift~" She calmly declared as she smiled at Daehyun and entered class. The bell then rang, but Jung Daehyun was still rooted on his spot by the corridor. He looked back then made an amused smile, a slight chuckle could be heard across the now empty corridor.

 

 This girl, seriously...