Part 1

Remembering You

 

I feel so lifeless, I feel so weak. I tried to open my eyes but it’s so hard for me to do. Slowly, I open my eyes and a painful strike of the light in my eyes welcomed me. I look around the white place and I just many machines connected to me, I think that machines keep me alive.

 

*click* I heard the door suddenly open; I think it’s just a nurse or the doctor and I hate them.

 

“Who are you?” I think he’s not a doctor here. How do I know? I just sense it, since he’s not wearing any uniform or something that doctor or nurse wears.

 

“I’m your doctor, don’t you remember me?” He’s a doctor?

 

“ani, mianhe. How long am I sleeping here with these machines connected to me?” he just smiled at me… a sad smile

 

“hmm, you’re sleeping there with those machines connected to you for about 3 days but you’re confined here for about 3 years. I’m so glad you’re now awake.”

 

“For that long?! How come?! How did I get in here?! Tell me!!!” I suddenly got up and I feel like I want to get out of this place.

 

“Calm down. Please. Just calm down” His eyes is filled of sincerity. It’s like telling me to obey him.

 

“Why am I here? How did I get confined here? Where is my fam—“  I’m about to say family but I didn’t remember about them. I tried to remember about me for a while but there’s nothing.

 

“Do you remember anything about you or anything?”

 

“A-ani. W-who am I? Please, tell me” My tears are forming now, I feel like I’m an infant with no memories at all.

 

“You’re Seohyun and I’m Yonghwa.” He smiled at me again, a sad smile again. I really like his smile even though there is sadness in it.

 

“Y-yonghwa?” I feel like I know him before. Maybe because his my doctor.

 

“Ne, Jung Yonghwa. Don’t forget about me, okay? I will let you rest you first. See you tomorrow.”

 

“O-okay.” My mind wants to tell him to stay but I can’t say it.

 

Several days have passed and I’m still in this hospital. I keep on remembering about me but still, there’s nothing. Sometimes because of my over thinking my head hurts and when I’m sick of trying I suddenly feel like breaking things and all. Everytime I see doctors or nurse coming inside of my room I will panic, throw things at them and hide under my blanket but there is one person who is always there for me to keep me calm, don’t leave me and the only person who can make my heart beats fast.

 

I really feel happy when his visiting me. I know his a doctor but he’s the only one who I didn’t throw stuff at or hide under the blanket when he’s here. He’s not the one who’s giving me medicine or anything but when he’s always here with me, I feel like I’m healthy and all.

 

“Seohyun- ah, do you still remember me?” I look at him curiously, he look stupid when he ask me that, why would I forget him in the first place.

 

“Of course!” I answer him with confidence.

 

“Then, what’s my name?”

 

“It’s –“ I’m about to say his name but the only thing I can do is to open my mouth, no sound coming out from it. That left me dumbfounded, I know him but I don’t remember his name.

 

“It’s okay, you don’t need to stress yourself from thinking who am I” he suddenly pat my head and mess up my hair.

 

“You want me to play something for you and I will sing?” I nodded eagerly and he get his guitar he brought when he enter my room.

 

 

♩♪♫♬~~

No I’m never gonna leave you darling
No I’m never gonna go regardless
Everything inside of me, is leaving in your heartbeat
Even when all the lights are fading
Even then, if your hope was shaking
I’m here holding on

Chorus:
I will always be yours for ever and and more
For the push and the pull
I still drown in your love
And drink till I’m drunk
And all that I’ve done, is it ever enough

I’m hanging on a line here baby
I need more than ifs and maybes
We’ll come down from the highest heights
Still searching for the reason why
And now I know what it’s like, 
Reaching from the other side
After all that I’ve done

Chorus:
I will always be yours for ever and and more
For the push and the pull
I still drown in your love
And drink till I’m drunk
And all that I’ve done, is it ever enough

For all that it’s worth, is it worth it?
Cause more than it’s hard to desert it
For all that it’s worth, is it worth it?
How do we know without searching?

I will write you this song to get back what’s ours?
Would that be enough?

Chorus:
I will always be yours for ever and and more
For the push and the Wull
I still drown in your love
And drink till I’m drunk
And all that I’ve done, is it ever enough

For all that it’s worth, is it worth it?
Is it ever enough?
How could we know without searching?
Is it ever enough?

 

 

♩♪♫♬~~

 

He just sings at me while looking intently in my eyes. I really like when he do that, looking at me with loving and full of sincerity eyes but why did I feel like his sad behind in all smiles he give me.

 

One thing I can say, I Love Him, I really do.

 

He finished playing his guitar and he just look at me. I can sense he wants to say something but there’s something sopping him from doing that. He walks towards me and make me lay in the hospital bed.

 

“Always think you’re not alone, okay? Just remember, I’m always here for you. I won’t ever leave your side, NEVER. Yonghwa is always there for Seohyun, remember that, okay?” I unconsciously nodded in response. He suddenly kissed me in my forehead.

 

DUG.DUG.DUG.DUG.

 

“Sleep now, I will play for you ‘till you fall asleep.” I slowly close my eyes and I heard him playing his guitar once again. I think I know that song…

 

When I wake up I just saw a note from…HIM. I really don’t remember him but I’m positive I really know him. It says on the note that “God has great plans” I unconsciously smiled at the note again, even though I really don’t get it why he wrote that.

 

Since I’m bored inside my room, I decided to roam inside the hospital. Ever since I’m child, I don’t want hospitals, medicines, nurses or doctors, even though I don’t remember the reason why, I still don’t want it. I reached the children’s ward, and I heard someone telling story to the kids. It’s HIM

 

“What happened to the princess when the prince knew about her being ill?” one cute patient girl asked him.

 

“Well, the princess got to stay in a place where she can be cured while the prince just followed her everywhere.” So, he’s now a storyteller to the kids. I just lean in the wall where he can’t see me while I’m listening to him.

 

“Does she also receive visitors like her family in that place like us?” another girl patient asked him

 

“Sadly, she didn’t receive any visitors because her parents are already dead since she’s kid. The only family she got is her husband and that’s the Prince.”

 

“Awww, how sad. Hyung! May we know the illness of the princess?”

 

“Well, she had a cancer and slowly her memory weakens. There are times that she can’t remember anything, about her, about her family and also about the prince. Everyday the prince always visit her even though she can’t remember him, he knows that he don’t want any doctor but him. She always think that the Prince is his doctor when she’s sick in the times when she doesn’t know about her illness…”

 

Some fragments of memory is coming to me, right now. I saw a man but his face is still blur. I remember some events where I’m happy with that man. He is the one, who is making her happy, loved, making her feel better when she’s sick.

 

“The prince make her calm when his panicking or afraid in some things. She don’t want doctor because she thinks they will just do some experiments to her and in the end she won’t be okay.” I peeked at him and I’m shocked when I see him crying.

 

I tried again. I tried to remember anything about my past.

 

“Please, let me remember. Please.” I whispered softly while closing my eyes.

 

The face of the man became clear now. I remembered about my past, about him, about my family, everything. I remembered all the things I do with him. I remembered why I thinks that the song is so familiar to me, it’s because it’s our theme song.

 

 I remembered my husband, my prince, my doctor, my Yonghwa. I opened my eyes and I feel my tears are strolling dow my cheeks, uncontrollably. I peeked again and I saw him bringing back the books he used for the kids.

 

I wiped my tears and slowly entered. Since he’s busy in the books, he didn’t notice me getting inside. I signaled the kids to stay quiet. I suddenly hugged him from behind and that cause for the books to fall.

 

“S-seohyun?” I can feel he tensed up but didn’t break the hug.

 

“I remembered now, Yonghwa.” I started crying again. He now faced me and to my surprise he is also crying.

 

“Jinja?! Y-you really remembered everytning???” His face is full of hope, happiness and also love.

 

“Ne. I’m sorry if I forgot about you. I’m sorry if it’s kinda late when I remembered you. Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe. Saranghae Yonghwa.” He suddenly hug me. I really miss him, I really do.

 

“Best gift from above. Nado, saranghae Hyun.”

 

“He really has great plans. I know I will forget you again but promise me don’t get tired of being with me or loving me ‘till eternity. I will always love you, forever.”

 

“I promise. I will never get tired, Hyun. Eventhough you won’t remember me again, I will always make sure you will never forget the feeling you have for me. I will always love you too, ‘till eternity.”

 

With that, he kissed me full of love, passion and he made me feel like the happiest girl.

 

“Saranghae.”

 

--------

 

A/N: end of part 1, the second part wil be very short ^^V