Golden ratio!

1.2.3! The white rabbit's guide to be an Ulzzang!

 

  So where shall we start dear Alice? Perhaps what I consider the basics, and the first thing to work on-in other words the body-. Now since you want to be ulzzang, you most likely, no definitely agree with the beauty standards in South Korea. And a huge thing there is, well your body, first off no, you do not have to be bone thin, have you seen Hon Young Gi? She's certainly not even close to fat, but she still  isn't the skinniest girl out there! ( most preferably you should search her up on youtube, because Ulzzangs tend to be heavy on photoshop ^^) . But that certainly doesn't mean she lazes around not even trying, hell no she doesn't ,she works her off to improve her looks! But she has a certain metabolism, and a certain bone structure (I'll go more into depth later, for know I have something else to talk about :) ) Okay so first off, the golden ration is very,very important to South Korean beauty standards., (actually to all beauty standards around the world ^^'") So you've probably heard about it, but what is it exactly?Basically it's called the math behind beauty but in mathematical terms it means a comparison of 2 aspects (any 2 aspects) that lead us to a proportion which is ideal, (algebraic equation : (a+b) divided by a=a divided by b.). A bit confusing I know but just read a bit further, and you'll hopefully understand. Heres an example from our body: If the length of your hand has the value of 1, then the combined length of the hand and forearm has the approximate value of 1.618. Similarly the proportion of upper arm to the hand+the forearm is the same ratio; 1.618. Now measure your lower body, if the foot is 1 then the length of the foot+shin is 1.618) Another very great example is your head. (ex: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcwptnUMul1r16do6o1_1280.png and http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mam3v2QDWx1r42555.jpg ) The head forms a golden rectangle with your eyes at its midpoint. The mouth and nose are each placed at golden sections of the distance between the eyes and the bottom of the chin. (I got the examples and formula from http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/10/28/golden-ratio-secret-to-perfect-body/ a page you should definitely check out after you finish reading this chapter :) )

 

  And then there's the head to body ratio (or whatever it was called). This ratio is: 1:6, 1:6.5, 1:7, 1:7.5, 1:8, 1:8.5;  these are the main rations, (please excuse me I am not in any way trying to be racist but this is what I have found out on the internet!) most asian's tend to have a 1:6, 1:6.5 ratio, and westerners tend to have 1:7, 1:7.5 ratio, although the most desired in South Korea is 1:8 or 1:8.5, and your most likely to get scouted as a model if your proportions are that great anyways (Ex: Yuri even without photoshop that girl has the perfect ratio http://snsdkorean.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/4f31b5be86da5a398904de260960cd18_large.jpg?w=529 , don't even get me started on Son Dam Bi, she is like the queen of the golden ratio!) One of the many important parts of having a nice body are that your shoulders have to broader than your waist, so if your waist is a 1 then your shoulders should be a 1.618. 

 

     But don't worry if your stuck with short height like me ( Im 5'1, Hey in Japan Im considered perfect height okay! Q~Q ) And look at HyunA or Hyuna for example, she has to be an ultimate favorite of mine( Please stop hating on her >_<) I haven't heard being mentioned in talks about idol's with golden ratios,but man she has a hot body like hell, and have you seen her debut pictures? She wasn't all too skinny and hot to begin with! She personally recommends using stairs instead of elevators, and she lost a lot of weight by not eating anything with starch in it (O_O amazing isn't she?). Oh and by the way have you seen her "so called" look alike Min Jin Joo( I personally don't think they look all to alike, but she still has a very nice body and face)? Well she said something about releasing video's about how she maintains a perfect body, but I'm not all to sure about when there coming out (feel free to comment if you find her videos! ^^). Something that definitely is a great help, is heels, and insoles; see the thing is since they add you more height you look better portioned,  there are also many tricks due to the way you dress (I shall get more into depth about that later).

       So I know this chapter is short and all but I really wanted you to understand the golden ratio (due to the fact that it definitely will be coming up later), don't worry though, the next chapter I'll be talking about how to maintain/achieve a hot/skinny/nice/beautiful body until next time Alice dear!