The Rose Garden

Never Let Me Go [SEQUEL]

 

Months had passed, the green trees’ branches dusted lightly with newly fallen snow and the wind had become colder. It was now the thirteenth day of the second month.

She chuckled at her friends’ behaviour, stuffing her bare hands into the warmth of her thick winter coat. “But have you seen B.A.P’s new video! It’s so daebak!” one of them squealed, jumping in excitement. The other two laughed yet joined her in joy. The three friends were currently strolling to school.

As they arrived, the school front was already crowded with many students. She continued smiling brightly as her friends joked about. That is, until she spotted a familiar face - too familiar.

There he was, leaning against the brick wall coolly as he rested atop the thick cemented stairway at the entrance of the prestigious high school. As she parted ways with her friends, she began to march up the stairs while trying to blend into the scene. “Please don’t notice me… PLEASE don’t notice me..” she exasperated quietly. She stepped in front of the glossy double glass doors and heaved a breath of relief. As she was about to enter, a hand caught onto her elbow, causing her to stop. She gulped as she turned. He called out her name, his brows creased in worry. She attempted to release his grip, only to have it tighten around her. “H-Hajima Kai…” She whispered the name she never spoke, withering uncomfortably. He didn’t utter a sound as he looked deeply into her dark brown orbs. She stared back at him as the memories of that day, the day in the café came rushing back to her. Becoming nervous, she broke the eye contact and stared at the ground...

 

“He’s sitting right in front of me…” she smiled.

She gazed at him, his fingers tapping against the wood of the table anxiously. Awaiting his response, her happy face turned into one of sadness, the silence coming from him already an answer. “O-oh… So… It was just one-sided.. O-okay, I’ll b-be going first.” She stood up, looking at him one last time. He was still as a statue, not meeting her gaze, but looking straight ahead. She held back her tears as she paced towards the door and headed out.

 

It wasn’t as though he had wanted to hurt her, in fact, he had a crush on her too… Though, that day, when she had confessed to him – he hadn’t known what to do. Sure,  he was attractive and charming and sure he’s had his fair share of girlfriends in the past but he was shocked at that moment. He knew he liked her, even loved her but that was just it. He loved her but he was still young and didn’t know how to react. So, he let her slip through his fingers. The moment she walked out that door of the café, the two had drifted apart as she couldn’t bear to see him without her heart being ripped apart.

 

The bell had rung and everyone began rushing to get to their classrooms. She let out a stressed breath. “Kai Let me go, jebal… I can’t be late.” Her soft voice was loud now that the entrance of the school was almost empty. His eyes softened as he let go. He watched her retreating figure racing down the hallway to their first period. He took in a sad sigh and followed a few steps behind her. They had made it just in time as the teacher hadn’t arrived yet. As they had walked into the classroom, their fellow peers stared at the two as though it was common to see them together. She bowed her head, shy and embarrased from all the eyes then quickly scurried to to her seat. Jongin smirked; quietly commenting on how cute she was before moving to his desk whilst ignoring all the stares. He greeted his friends then leaned back against his chair handsomely, placing his arms behind his head to support it. The girls around him swooned as they were completely charmed by his actions. However, he stared at only one girl - hoping she would glance his way and blush shyly like old times. Though, this did not happen as her eyes were glued to a book with earphones plugged into her ears, not paying attention to any of her surroundings. With this, Kai frowned slightly and crossed his arms over his chest. Like a child, he pouted then huffed quietly. At that moment, the teacher had come and began the lesson. 

All throughout class, Kai couldn't concentrate. He kept glancing at her from across the room, biting at his lower lip softly. 'I'm going to confess.... Today. No backing out' he thought. When the teacher turned his back to the class Kai quickly scribbled onto a paper scrap and sneakily handed it to his friend, tilting his head slightly to give hint on who to give it to. His friend nodded and the note was passed down the horozontal lanes until it came across the room. Her friend gently nudged her knee, slipping the note into her fingers. Giving her friend that sat beside her a questioning look, she had recieved a shrug in return. From curiousity, she unfolded the note carefully. 

'Meet me in the rose garden 
After school. 
NO SAYING NO! 
-Jongin'

She bit her bottom lip gently, trying to hide a small smile that began to form because of Kai's straightforwardness. She glanced back at him and the two locked gazes. He smiled softly at her and she pursed her lips then turned back for her ears started to turn pink. 

As classes dragged on, Kai had started to become anxious about his confession. When she'd see him in the hallways in between classes, he'd be on his phone or whispering amongst his friends. Soon, it was lunch time and everyone gathered in the cafeteria. She was at a table, seated amongst her friends as they gossiped. "So... Today I heard Kai was going to confess to someone!" they squealed though she could just sigh. "Wait a minute... Didn't you confess to Kai one time?" another questioned her. She smiled bitterly as the memories came back. "Yeah.. I really thought you two were going to get married.. Like, you're ALWAYS together..." One commented. Then all three friends started to make remarks about the relationship between the two as she contemplated to herself, gazing out the windowed wall of the grand hall.
'Maybe I should go...'

During the last class, Kai and his friends were not present and she kept glancing towards the door then to the 6 empty desks in the right back corner of the classroom. She was hoping they would walk through that door, however they never came. As the bell rang, signaling the end of the week and the beginning of the weekend, she blew air into her cheeks and paced out of the classroom to her locker. After she gathered her things she decided that she would go to the garden, as Kai had demanded. 

She ran through the sliding doors to be greeted with the scent of freshly watered flowers. She smiled brightly as she passed different aisles of flowers. Gently holding a delicate petal of a striped carnation between two fingers, she went on to the rose garden. There she met two of Kai's friends, Kyungsoo & Sehun. They were clad in black tuxedos and matching bow ties, looking awfully handsome. "Hello!" they waved in a friendly manner as both handed her a single rose. Then, they led her deeper into the garden, halting when they reached a high class table set for two. She glanced at them confusedly however they only smiled widely and exited through the way they had came. "W-Wait.." She murmured after them although they were already out of sight.

Pouting slightly, she took a seat at the table when Chanyeol & Suho appeared, also porting black tuxedos with matching ties. She blinked in surprise at the two handsome men. "Hi! We're here to serve you!" Chanyeol's low voice contrasted with his cheerful expression as he smiled happily. "Jongin will be here in just a second." Suho reassured as each gave her a single rose. She nodded with shining eyes and smiled lightly as the man she had been waiting for entered the scene, sauntering towards the table. He was absolutely dazzling, wearing tuxedo like the rest however he seemed to glow as he lightly ruffled his seductive dark brown hair whilst smiling innocently. He reached her and gazaed at her dark orbs softly. He gave her a rose different from the rest, one tinted a light pink colour.

She blushed and looked down shyly when suddenly Baekhyun appeared behing Kai, singing a beautiful melody. He handed her one last dark red rose the moving to the side. Kai held out his hand, asking if she wanted to dance without words. She placed her on top of his and he helped her to her feet as he guided her to the center of the garden, just under a cherry blossom tree. He wrapped his arms around her waist and her arms wrapped around his neck. They slowly swayed to Baekhyun's voice together.

"You know I wanted to answer you that day" he whispered. She smiled a small grin and just nodded her head in reply. Then she closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest. "You're my ideal type..." She laughed quietly to herself. He pulled her closer and his breath tickled her ear. 

"You're mine too..." 

 

 

============
Ok, I'm can finally call this one shot finished! I would have been done sooner(and it would have been wayy better) if I hadn't been lazy, stressed, confused... Just all of the negative feelings becaue the end of the school year is approaching. Okay, so.. I might have to quit AFF for sometime because my grades are starting to slip and I can't have that. So, this might be my last post for a while... See you soon and I hope you guys are anticipating EXO's comeback! :) 
- XxSuJuLuVe13xX