Intro

Hidden

 

The sound of tiny little wheels rolling and scratching against the hard coal ground. One foot resting steadily on the shiny black and rough deck, the other pushing against the floor for the wheeled object to move forward. The wind blew her hair and making them dance in the wind as she rode down the streets. The girl with black hair and magenta highlights, confident and full of charm as she came to a stop in front of a small convenience shop around the corner of the deserted street. How come I never noticed this store here? Full of curiosity, she went in and the wind chime that was hung on the door tinkled a sweet tune. The old man sitting behind the counter table with a pair of thick lensed glasses resting on his nose looked up as she walked over.

“How may I help you, miss?” The old man took off his glasses and smiled at the young girl.

“Sorry for the bother, but do you perhaps have any truck bolts where I can, uh...., fix my skateboard?” She asked as she held up the skateboard for the man to see.

“Well we sure do. What size and how many do you need?” The old man smiled again.

“The size is #10-24 and I probably would need about 4.” She replied quickly. The man soon disappeared into the storaged room. He reappeared in front of her once he had found it and putted them in a tiny plastic ziploc bag. She was about to pull out her money when the old man tapped her shoulder and she glanced up and meet the man’s eyes.

“You can have these for free, today is the last day of this shop.” The man pulled a bittery smile to his lips.

You bit your lips and stood there, not knowing what to do. To give or not to give? Ugh I’ll just leave it on the counter.

“Don’t you even think about putting the money down on the counter and run your out,” The man chuckled as if he had read the young girl’s mind. “You can have these for free, I’m serious.”

“But-”

“I would appreciated it if I get a simple ‘Thank you’ back.”

“Well- uh... okay. Thank you.”

The old man smiled and disappeared into the storage room, leaving Yoonmi all alone in the store. She exited the store and the wind chime tinkled again. Riding down the remote parts of the busy city of Seoul, the girl can’t seem to pull her thoughts off of the mysterious old man.