Chapter 3

Destiny

Luhan managed to break his fall by levitating a tree to fall at the same speed as him and then slowly slowing it down while he grabbed onto it. He brushed himself off and smiled mentally congratulating himself for his genius and preventing his near death. Around him there was a forest. This wasn’t meant to happen, Luhan thought, what the hell is going on? I thought that I was landing where Sehun was.

His doubts were quickly gone as he walked through the trees and into the clearing, seeing the village visible. I’m coming sweetie Sehun, he thought and started skipping.

Sehun was getting anxious. After another experience with the mayor, and not to mention his stupid (Sehun used that word a lot nowadays) advisors who were absolutely terrible with finance and refused to be told that in their budget they couldn’t afford new horses and a new well both at the same time, he had tried to get in contact with Luhan, and was now very very worried seeing as he couldn’t. The mirror didn’t work. It had never not worked before. The first time Luhan had come was when Sehun saw Luhan in his dreams in the mirror, and when he had woken up, he just had gotten the feeling he was meant to do something like imagine Luhan in the mirror. Sehun paced round his room trying to think of clever, inventive ways to get through a mirror that was only good at reflecting things to a person who didn’t exist. He felt stupid doing it, but he just had to try throwing his hand in the direction of the mirror and shouting Appear Luhan! … but to no avail. He just couldn’t do it. Sehun slumped on the bed and started to cry. The one thing in the world he…

His thought was interrupted as he heard Room Service~

Luhan! Is.. is it really you?

He opened the door and there was literally the boy of his dreams. He did what he had been wanting to do for such a long time and swept Luhan into his arms.

Luhan giggled on his tiptoes, leaning into Sehun’s neck.

Hi Sehunnie.

Sehun still couldn’t fully believe his eyes Luhan? What… why? I… I thought I would never be able to see you. Well, not for at least another month.

Luhan looked guiltily Yeah, you should have come up sooner, but I guess I’m selfish.

What go up? Why the hell are you here anyway? You never told me.

You’ll see. Luhan smiled Just come. A bewildered Sehun followed him out of the door.

As they were walking down the stairs, Sehun reached over and grabbed Luhan’s hand, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. Luhan smiled gently and squeezed Sehun’s hand.

Seems like he might catch on to the special type of bond thing quicker than I’d expected Luhan murmured to himself, while Sehun obliviously walked on. As they walked down to the gates guards stopped them.

“Do you have permission to leave?” Luhan looked through narrowed eyes at them. Maybe they had been on break when he came, he just never saw them before.

I’m Oh Sehun. Get out of the way. Sehun walked forwards but suddenly two hands grabbed his arms and he was left flailing in mid-air.

“And who is this little boy beside you?”

Sehun thought quickly, wondering how he got into this mess. He’s a lost boy. That I was giving directions to.

The guards looked at each other, obviously disbelieving. What sane little boy would associate with Sehun?

“Well, you are under arrest too then.”

Why? The single word from Luhan made the guards shudder, a sudden feeling of sweetness coming over them.

“Actually, a little boy like you must not know better, so we’ll let you off.”

Not know better than what?

“For fraternising with a witch.” The mayor walked up. Sehun gestured with his head for Luhan to leave and Luhan quietly walked away, already thinking of ways to get out of the mess they had got into. “I’ve been suspecting you for years, after all, how clever can one snotty little brat be. And now I have got you. A maid and myself heard you scream ‘Appear Luhan’. Now this proves that the us thing wasn’t just a little child’s imagination.”

The guards grabbed his wrists and Sehun got roughly dragged to some cellars and his hands were put in chains. The mayor grinned down at him. “So, to continue our conversation from earlier. Is Luhan a demon… or part of the witch language?”

I am not a witch.

The mayor punched the little boy, and Sehun could feel his ears ringing and blood in his mouth.

“I will ignore your lie, little brat. Answer me.”

Unfortunately, Sehun was good at thinking on his feet but he had been so caught up with Luhan he hadn’t predicted the mayor’s actions and this had come as a complete surprise.

Fine. Sehun hoped the mayor would leave him alone after he confessed, so he had more hope of rescue. Luhan means… Sehun’s mind went blank. Mirror.

The mayor sneered, his yellow teeth showing and sending a smell that nearly made Sehun want to vomit when he spoke.

“You insolent child. Why were you saying appear mirror then?”

Because the mirror can tell me things.

“You are obviously ripping off Snow White. Therefore the thing you were summoning must be against the village. Speak, witch.”

Every story has its truth. Sehun tried to sound convincing I am not lying. Can you leave me be now?

The mayor hesitated for a second before saying “Fine. Make sure you make the chains tight.”

The guards beside him turned the size of the handcuff so that Sehun’s circulation felt like it was being cut off and then they sat and waited, looking at Sehun all the while. Sehun felt as if he was being judged, and he frowned when the guard made no attempt to hide his disgust. Sehun wasn’t ashamed, and definitely did not care what these scumbags thought. He was just confused as to how he was being praised one minute and locked up the next. He expected the mayor had been waiting for a way to get rid of him (Sehun had been challenging his authority) and just now found an idea when he walked past Sehun’s door. Sehun also expected that the tale had been exaggerated into great detail. Considering the guard’s looks he guessed the smell of burning human flesh also featured in the story.

 The first thing to do, Luhan was thinking, was to just get back inside the castle and he can figure things out from there. He had to collect information, and judging as this was medieval times (or roundabout that time frame, Luhan didn’t really know) the life of a witch would probably not last that long.

He ran to a door he thought might look inconspicuous at the back.

He realised he had made the wrong decision when he came face to belly with a nasty looking woman holding a frying pan.

“You! Little boy. What are you doing here. Come to steal food, scum?” Luhan stepped back a bit. This lady was worse than most of the demons on his world. He thought Earth was meant to be a nice world.

Someone peeked out from behind her, with a nicer expression on her face.

“Are you one of them kiddie thiefs, then?”

Luhan put on his best adorable deer face and said in his usual gentle tone. Umm, no, I just got a bit lost and ended up outside…so…

Upon hearing his sweet voice and his puppy looks the cook behind melted.

“Awww, aren’t you a little sweetie?” Luhan felt his cheeks being pinched painfully hard and she picked him up by the armpits as though he were a … littler boy. He was at least 9 and here she was acting like he was 3. The cook dragged Luhan by the hand inside the castle and he opened his eyes wide when he saw a stack of sweet pastries.

“If you’re a good boy.” She said crouching down and patting his head. “I might let you have something as a reward.”

Luhan thought he might be warming up to this cook.

--------

AN : Hi guys, I didn't think I'd be posting this chapter so soon, not because I haven't written it but because I'm in Spain! Apparently they have internet here too, who would have thought? Oh well, it's better than cold snowiness here anyways, even though it did rain as soon as we came!

Hasta luego, subscriptores.