[1/1]

Precious Baby

“Please sign here and the adoption will be complete, Yoo-ssi.”

Youngjae couldn't believe it. He was adopting a child. He wasn't just adopting a child, he was adopting a child to raise with the love of his life, that was crying tears of joy next to him. The beautiful man that was holding the baby in his arms.

“The mother only requested that his name be kept. Keep his name Moon Jongup.”

Youngjae didn't care what he had to do. They were finally going to raise a child, like they were meant to. He simply signed the page and led the elder male to the car. He took the silent child from his strong hold, strapping him in the car-seat.

“He's precious, Youngjae-yah.” Daehyun whispered, wiping his wet eyes. He couldn't believe he finally had a child he could call his own. “He's beautiful.”

“He's ours.” Youngjae smiled, pulling his fiance into an embrace. “He's our son.”

Daehyun just clutched onto the younger's back, leaning his face in shoulder. “I hope we make good parents.”

“We will.” Youngjae chuckled, pulling Daehyun's face so he could look in his eyes. “Because I will make sure I take as good of care of him as I do you. If not better.”

Daehyun's eyes watered again and he just bit his lip. “I love you so much.”

“And I love you.” Youngjae whispered. “Both of you.”

Jongup Age Five

“Don't make me go, Appa.” Jongup pouted, standing in front of the school doors.

“You have to.” Youngjae chuckled, gently pushing him forward.

“I'm scared.” Jongup whispered, turning and hugging onto Youngjae's leg tightly. “What if I'm not smart like the other kids and I get left behind?”

“You're perfectly smart, Jonguppie.” Daehyun leaned down and kissed his forehead, brushing his hair out of his eyes. “They're going to love you.”

“But Umma—”

“You have to be brave.” Daehyun smiled. “We raised you that way.”

“I know.” Jongup sighed, wiping the tear that quickly fell down. “I'm scared to be without you.”

“Umma will be here to get you as soon as you get dismissed, okay?” Daehyun kissed his head again and sent him on his way. “Have a great day.”

Jongup bit his lip and slowly walked forward, tears streaming down his face as he was heading into the world without his parents.


 

“I hope he's okay.” Daehyun sighed, leaning on Youngjae's shoulder when they got back in the house.

“He'll be fine. That's a great school.” Youngjae turned to the side on the couch, pulling the older male in his lap. He leaned his head on his, trailing his fingers up and down his spine.

“I can't help but be worried. He's such a shy, nervous kid.” Daehyun looked up at the his lover's face, smiling from the sheer beauty of it. “When do you have to be in at work today?”

“Nine.” Youngjae groaned, looking at the clock. It was just turning eight, as Jongup's school started at seven thirty.

Daehyun just leaned up and kissed Youngjae softly on the lips, exposing all the love he couldn't express into words. It was a slow, simply kiss, but both of them felt the immense passion behind it. “I miss being alone with you.” Daehyun whispered, chuckling. “I miss what we would do together.”

“We can still do those things, jagiya.” Youngjae kissed his temple. “As soon as Jongup finds friends he can stay with.”

“What if he's too awkward to make any friends?” Daehyun sighed.

“He's going to make some, I'm sure. He's a lovely kid.” Youngjae got up from the couch, having to start preparing for work.

“I'm worried about him.” Daehyun stood up, too, looking up at the ceiling. “I never knew having a child would make you question everyone's moves.” He laughed softly. “I can't take him to the store without glaring at the people who try and coo over him.”

“We just have to make sure nothing happens to him.” Youngjae smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Appa! Umma! Where's Santa?” Jongup asked, clutching onto his pillow. He was looking out the window desperately on Christmas Eve.

“He only comes when you're sleeping, Jonguppie.” Daehyun chuckled. “So you can't see what he's bringing you!”

“I can't wait! I can't!” Jongup cheered. “I want to share my gifts with hyung!”

“Who's hyung?” Youngjae asked.

Jongup bit his lip and looked away, walking back to his room. “I'm tired now.”

“I thought you said your friend Junhong was younger than you, even though he was so tall?” Daehyun asked, grabbing onto his hand and leading him back to his room.

“He is.” Jongup adjusted the Santa hat on his head, fixing it from falling to one side. “Hyung is another friend of mine.”

“Oh, that's nice! I'm glad you have more friends.” Daehyun smiled, knowing Youngjae might intimidate him out of speaking, so he took him into his bedroom and tucked him in. “Why don't you tell me about him? So we can go pick him out a special present tomorrow that you can give to him after winter break?”

Jongup smiled wide, holding his pillow tightly to his chest. “Hyung is very pretty.” He giggled. “And he takes care of me really well while we're in school. He makes sure no one picks on me and Junhonggie.”

“What does he like?” Daehyun asked, brushing the hair out of his face, taking off the hat.

“He likes mirrors.” Jongup smiled. “He likes looking at himself and making sure he's still pretty, even though I tell him every day how pretty he is.”

“Want to get him a mirror that he can carry around with him wherever he goes?” Daehyun chuckled.

“Yeah!” Jongup smiled. “He'd really like that.”

“What's his name, so we know what to put in his card?” Daehyun asked.

“Himchan-hyung.” Jongup smiled. “Himchannie-hyung.”

Daehyun kissed him good night and told him to be awaiting Santa's gifts. He walked into his and Youngjae's bedroom, seeing Youngjae pulling out the gifts from 'Santa' they had hidden away. “Himchan is his name.” Daehyun sighed. “Someone named 'Himchan'.”

“Why wouldn't he have told us about him as soon as he met him, like he did with Junhong?' Youngjae asked.

“I don't know. But he wants us to get him a gift for him. A portable mirror, actually.” Daehyun scratched his head. “He says he's very 'pretty.'”

Youngjae sighed. “You don't think we're influencing him already, do you?”

“I hope not.” Daehyun sat on the bed and rubbed his temple, a headache coming on strong.

Youngjae walked over to him and kissed his head. “He'll grow out of it, I'm sure.” He kissed down his face, kissing him lightly on the lips. “Don't worry about it, jagi, okay?”

“Okay.” Daehyun smiled, leaning his forehead on his husband's.

Jongup Age Six

“I haven't heard much more about that 'Himchan'.” Youngjae brought up one evening.

“I know, me either. And when I pick him up from school, the only person that walks him to the car is that adorable kid Junhong.” Daehyun smiled. “Speaking of Junhong-ah, he wants to come over after school tomorrow so they can work on their addition project.”

“Okay, that's fine.” Youngjae chuckled. “Junhong is a sweet kid.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehyun was waiting outside his car, looking at the doors for his son. “Come on, Jonguppie-hyung!” Junhong, the younger, sweet boy called, already outside the doors. Daehyun squinted, seeing a taller boy with his hand on Jongup's shoulder, walking beside him. The boy said something, kissed his head, then walked out of the door without him. Daehyun bit his lip, slightly scared of an older boy taking advantage of the all-too-trusting child. Jongup met up with Junhong and they made their way to the car.

“How was school today, Jonguppie?” Daehyun asked, helping the two into the car.

“It was great! I got an A on my reading test!” Jongup clapped, a grin wide on his face. “And Junhonggie made an A on his, too!”

“Oh that's wonderful news!” Daehyun smiled, strapping them both in before getting in the car himself.

 

Youngjae got off from work in the early evening. “I'm home!” He called, seeing the two boys coloring and chatting on the floor.

“Appa!' Jongup got up and dashed to him, hugging Youngjae's leg tightly.

“How was your day?” Youngjae chuckled, lifting him up on his hip.

“It was good! Me and Junhonggie got an A!” Jongup cheered.

“That's excellent!” Youngjae set him on the ground, chuckling when he saw his love sweeping the floor. He walked up behind him and slid his arms around his waist. “How was your day, Daehyunnie?”

“It was fine.” Daehyun smiled, turning his head to the side to kiss his husband.

“EWWW!” The two boys shouted.

Youngjae and Daehyun just laughed, loving the adorableness of the children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youngjae lied down behind the elder male, sliding his arm around him. “You okay, jagi?” He whispered, seeing Daehyun's worried expression.

“I think I saw that 'Himchan' kid.” He whispered, intertwining his fingers with Youngjae's. “He's an older boy no doubt. I think he's in the upper floors where the middle school kids are.”

“Does he look nice?” Youngjae asked. “Or does he look like he's trying to use him?”

“I don't know. Jongup looks genuinely happy when he's next to him. He looks happier with that boy's arm around his shoulders than he does on his birthday.” Daehyun rolled over and looked Youngjae in the eyes. “I really don't know what to think.”

“I'm off of work tomorrow, so I'll pick him up from school.” Youngjae sighed. “I'll check it out.”

“Don't do anything that would make Jonguppie mad, okay? Don't yell at this kid or anything.” Daehyun closed his eyes and relaxed. “Good night, Youngjae-yah.”

“Sweet dreams, Daehyunnie.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Youngjae woke up, careful not to wake Daehyun. He got Jongup ready for school and drove him there, letting his constantly working husband stay in bed. Just as promised, when it was time for dismissal, Youngjae was there to get him.

“Hyung!”

Youngjae heard Jongup's voice and looked over to the sidewalk. He saw his son embracing an obviously older student.

“It's Friday and I won't see you for a while.” Jongup mumbled, face pressed into the black shirt of the elder boy.

“You'll see me Monday, babo.” Himchan responded, nuzzling his face in Jongup's hair.

“That's a long way away.” Jongup pouted.

Youngjae slowly walked over, keeping his cool. “Jonguppie, who's this?” He asked, kneeling down.

Jongup just turned away, not looking at Youngjae in the eyes. “I'll see you Monday, hyung.”

“Be careful, Jongup-ah.” Himchan responded, kissing the top of his head before making his way to the bus stop.

“Who's that?” Youngjae asked calmly.

“Hyung.” Jongup responded, sighing. “Can we just go home, Appa?”

“You have to be careful, Jonguppie. Older kids can try to influence you to do things—”

“Can we just go?” Jongup insisted.

“Yes.” Youngjae sighed, walking his son to the car.

Jongup Age Eight

“You've been picking him up every day now, since you've been working an earlier shift. Have you seen that Himchan kid?” Daehyun brought up one day, when Jongup was at Junhong's house.

“Not really, not since two years ago when I tried to ask Jongup about him.” Youngjae sighed. “That kid just looked like a trouble-maker. Placing his lips on a six-year-old's head.”

“You kiss Jongup's head, don't you?!” Daehyun laughed.

“I'm his father!” Youngjae refuted.

“Maybe he's just like another father to him.” Daehyun shrugged.

“Or he's trying to influence Jongup.” Youngjae waved his finger. “I think he's bad news.”

“I think we should invite him over. To judge him ourselves.” Daehyun smiled. “I bet I'll like him as much as I like Junhonggie.”

“Fine.” Youngjae sighed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, Jonguppie, do you still talk to Himchan?” Daehyun asked, tucking him in.

“Of course.” Jongup smiled. “He's my hyung.”

“Why don't you let him come over tomorrow?” Daehyun smiled when his thin, chocolate eyes lit up like the sun.

“But I don't think he'll be able to...” Jongup sighed.

“Why's that?” Daehyun asked, making sure Jongup's green bunny plush was next to his pillow.

“..his Appa isn't as nice as mine.” He frowned, playing with the fringe of the blanket. “He comes to school hurt sometimes because his Appa doesn't like him.” Jongup rolled on his side. “So I do the only thing I know how to do...I just hug him and tell him that I love him so much that he doesn't need his Appa.”

Daehyun just smiled, shocked that his son would be this deep. “I'll call his Appa.”

“Really?” Jongup smiled.

“Yeah. I'll pick you up tomorrow and I'll get his Appa's number and I'll call him and tell him I want him over my house.” Daehyun just kissed Jongup's forehead. “Good night.”

“Aren't I getting too old for Umma kisses?” Jongup giggled.

“You'll never be too old for my love!” Daehyun kissed him all over his face, smiling with the giggling Jongup was doing.

“Night, Umma.” Jongup closed his eyes and snuggled into the pillow.

Daehyun just turned off the lights and shut the door on his way out, heading in his room to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehyun was there to pick him up today, told Youngjae to stay home and rest. He saw Jongup dart out of the building, pulling the elder male behind him, their hands locked together. Daehyun chuckled, wondering why a kid this much older than his son would want to hang out with him.

“But my Appa—”

“Umma has a plan, hyung, don't worry.” Jongup smiled, pulling him to the car. They walked up to Daehyun, and the elder boy just gulped.

“Hello.” Daehyun chuckled. “Why don't you give me your father's number and I'll give him a call.”

“He's...” Himchan sighed. “...he'll still say no.”

“I'm very convincing.” Daehyun smiled, wondering why Himchan wasn't confused about him being male and still being called 'Umma'.

Himchan gave him a number, and they got in the back seat. Daehyun called the number and got in the driver's seat. “Hello?” Daehyun asked.

“Who the hell is this?” The deep voice responded.

“I'm a parent of one of Himchan's friends. I was wondering if he could spend time with my son today.” Daehyun heard a loud crash in the background and cringed.

“Hell no.” The voice spat.

“Please sir, my son needs help on his homework.” Daehyun sighed. “Besides, wouldn't it be nice to get him out of your hair for a while?”

“No. Unless you have a daughter then I want him nowhere near your child.” He yelled. “I'm tired of my son trying to be a .”

Daehyun bit the inside of his cheek, trying not to scream at this person. “Sir.” Daehyun sighed. “I'll have my husband call you later.” He hung up the phone and started the car.

“What did he say?” Himchan asked softly.

Daehyun just turned to him and smiled. “You can stay at my house as long as you want, all right?”

Himchan's face lit up and Jongup just cheered and hugged onto his arm. “T-Thank you, sir.”

“Just call me Daehyun-ssi.” Daehyun chuckled, driving to his home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He said that?” Youngjae whispered angrily.

“I don't want him heading back home if his father is like that.” Daehyun sighed. “I don't know what to do.”

“I'm going to call Child Services on him, that's what I am going to do.” Youngjae growled. “His son can be whatever he wants to be. '' or not.”

“I don't want Himchan to have to go to foster care.” Daehyun grabbed onto Youngjae's hand. “I don't know which is worse.”

“He has a stable home right here.” Youngjae smiled. “He won't have to.”

Daehyun smiled and just leaned his forehead on Youngjae's. “I think he's a sweet kid.” Daehyun peaked back in the living room where him and Jongup were playing video games.

“Of course you're pretty hyung! Don't say things like that.” Jongup put down the controller and pointed in Himchan's face.

“But I have these scars...” Himchan sighed.

Jongup just kissed Himchan's cheek. “You're beautiful, hyung. Don't argue.”

“Okay.” Himchan chuckled. “I'm beautiful.”

“So beautiful.” Jongup added, picking up his controller. “Don't ever forget that.”

“You're more beautiful than I am, Jongup-ah.” Himchan smiled.

“No I'm not!” Jongup pouted. “How can I even be pretty sitting next to you?”

“You're beautiful, Jongup-ah, don't argue.” Himchan giggled.

Jongup just smiled and leaned his head on Himchan's shoulder. “Okay.”

Jongup Age Thirteen

“You can't?” Jongup pouted. “But I wanted to have a party!”

Daehyun stood in the threshold, waiting for Jongup to get off the phone.

“Well, they just .” Jongup groaned. “Okay, see you later, Junhong-ah.” He hung up the phone and jumped when he saw Daehyun in the doorway. “Yes, Umma?”

“Himchan's at the door.” Daehyun smiled.

Jongup jumped up and dashed to the front door, opening it and slinging his arms around the elder. Himchan just hugged him back, sighing in the comfort of the younger's arms. Himchan lightly picked up Jongup, so he could get in the door and shut it behind him. He set the younger back down, not bothering to let him go. “I missed you so much, hyung.” Jongup whispered.

“My parents wouldn't let me leave until the break.” Himchan chuckled.

“How have they been treating you, by the way?” Youngjae asked, walking over to him. “I told them they better have the best damn foster parents in the world.”

“They're amazing.” Himchan chuckled.

“That's good.” Daehyun smiled. “Will you be spending Christmas with us?”

Himchan nodded. “Since I'm 18, they said I'm allowed to do whatever I wanted to.” He laughed.

“Don't drag Jongup in your troubles.” Youngjae warned.

“I wouldn't dare.” Himchan smiled, looking down in the younger's eyes. Jongup blushed and just leaned his head on Himchan's shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, Umma.” Jongup sighed, walking in Daehyun's bedroom.

“Yes?” Daehyun asked, putting down his novel.

Jongup sat on the bed slowly, gulping as he did. “I like Himchan-hyung...” He whispered, a blush creeping on his face. “...a whole lot.”

“Okay?” Daehyun asked, smiling.

“Like you and Appa like each other.” He messed with his fingers. “But it scares me.”

“Why is that?” Daehyun asked.

“I know you tell me that I don't have to be like you and Appa, and you don't want me to be influenced...” Jongup whispered. “...but what if I am without wanting to be, and I only like hyung because I was accidentally influenced?”

Daehyun blinked a couple times, sighing before speaking. “Jonguppie, your heart can't be swayed by anything but what you want.” He smiled. “You like Himchan because he treats you well and you get along with him. If what you said was true, you'd like Junhonggie like that as well.”

Jongup smiled. “I guess you're right.”

“So don't be afraid to like Himchan or tell him that you do, okay? I think he likes you just as much.” Daehyun giggled. “Not to mention you two are just cute together.” He pinched Jongup's cheeks.

“Hey!” Jongup laughed and swatted his hands away. He blushed and stormed out of the room.

Daehyun just chuckled and went back to reading.

Jongup Age Eighteen

Jongup stood eagerly at the door, fiddling with his thumbs. He'd been chatting with Himchan online and through the phone, but it's been years since he's gotten to see him in person. He's been in college to study in law, and has just graduated. He's moving back because Youngjae's contacts landed him a job right in their town. Daehyun and Youngjae were standing in the threshold to the kitchen, eager to see what shape Himchan was in as well.

A car door was heard and Jongup held his breath. Even Junhong was there next to him, the trio of them becoming inseparable friends. There was a knock at the door and Jongup immediately told him it was open. The door moved incredibly slow, and time was torturing them. Jongup's eyes widened and he felt water in them when they landed on the gorgeous man, the love of his life. His arms flew out and they held each other close.

“You look all grown up, Jongup-ah.” Himchan whispered, holding him tightly.

“And you look all the more beautiful.” Jongup whispered, smiling even wider when Himchan kissed his head.

“I know I do.” Himchan chuckled, standing back to look Jongup up and down. “You look stunning, absolutely amazing.”

Jongup blushed and looked down, biting his lip. Three worlds were burning the edge of his tongue, just waiting to spill out. He opened his mouth slowly, ready more than ever to say them. The room was silent, except for the loud heartbeat in Jongup's chest. “I l-love you, hyung.” He whispered, looking up into Himchan's eyes.

The elder was shocked only for mere moments before his lips curved into a smile and he leaned down to press his forehead against Jongup's. “I love you, too.” He slowly pressed his lips against the younger's, who slowly and uncertainly returned the kiss.

“Look at him.” Daehyun whispered, tears streaming down his face. “It's like it was yesterday when I was holding him in my arms and changing his diapers.”

“I'm so proud.” Youngjae chuckled. “Of both of them.”

THE END.