The Perks of Being a Parent

The Perks of Being a Parent

"Umma, can I borrow your car all day on Saturday?"

"Why?"

"I have a date."

Her Umma choked on her breakfast, "A date!? Since when did you start dating?"

"Since last week. Surprised?"

"No, of course not, sweetie. Who's the lucky boy?"

"Her name is Gyuri and she's a girl, Umma."

"Sunny? Where are you?" A voice called from upstairs.

"In the kitchen with Vic. Come join us, Youngie." Sunny called after her.

"How is my lovely family doing this fine morning?" Sooyoung sat down next to Sunny and dug into her breakfast.

"Appa, I need to borrow the car on Saturday so I can take my girlfriend out on a date." Victoria simply stated.

"Gilfriend? Date? Since when?"

Victoria frowned at the comment, "Why not? How come everyone is so surprised that I actually found someone?"

"Vicky, calm down. Your Appa is not in her right state of mind." Sunny patted her daughter's thigh, indicating for her to calm herself down.

"I'm sorry, honey. It's just, you never showed any interest in people, let alone dating. I feel like you're growing up way too fast." Sooyoung stood up and engulfed her eldest daughter in a loving embrace.

"But Sulli's dated plenty of people, how come I'm different?" Victoria pried herself away from her Appa's arms.

"Oh sweetie, you've always been different because you've been so innocent all these years and you dating means that you're going to slowly change. And before you know it, you're going to be married." Sunny stood on her toes in order to try to hug her daughter properly.

Victoria smiled and hugged her Umma, "I'm not gonna change for anyone, Umma."

"Aye yo, Shikshin! Here comes trouble!" The door burst open and revealed Tiffany carrying a small boy in her arms, "And with her sidekick, Cutie!"

"Gyuri and I are here too." Jessica walked past Tiffany and Jonghyun.

"Yah! We're here too!" Yuri, Krystal and Luna said. Yoona silently followed Jessica and Gyuri to the couch.

"Black Pearl!" Soooung ran up to hug Yuri, but Krystal and Luna tackled her to the floor. "How come you never visit me as often as you visit Ppany and Sica?!" Soooung asked under Krystal and Luna.

"Because you guys never have time for us anymore! You're always working!" Yuri shouted in Sooyoung's ear.

"Yeah Auntie! You're always working! You never take me out for ice cream anymore!" Luna bit Sooyoung on the shoulder.

"Ow! You little brat! What'd I tell you about biting me?"

"Never do it unless I have a good reason to." Luna bit her again.

"That's enough guys. I want my parents to meet my girlfriend." Victoria pulled Yuri, Krystal and Luna off of Sooyoung.

Victoria went to Gyuri and held her shaking hands. She gave it a gentle squeeze and gave her a warm smile. Gyuri looked back at Victoria and smiled right back. Victoria kissed her cheek and gave her a quick hug. The Hwang-Jungs, Choi-Lees, along with Yuri and Yoona saw the entire scene in front of them.

Victoria. The very same person who was always locked in her room playing her guitar or studying. The same Victoria who was so caustious about herself that she refuse to let just anyone in her life. The same girl who everyone picked on because she use to wear glasses and braces, of course, she wears contacts now. The group seeing her with someone by her side was definitely a nice change to the girl's lifestyle.

"Umma, Appa, I'd like you to meet, Park Gyuri and her little brother Jonghyun." Victoria wrapped an arm around Gyuri's shoulders and pulled her in her arms.

"Hello." Gyuri said shyly when she shook hands with Victoria's parents.

"I'm Choi Sooyoung and this is my wife, Sunny. I'm sure you've already met our other daughter, Sulli." Sooyoung shook Gyuri's hand, but Sunny practically lept into Gyuri's arms.

"I am so glad Vicky finally found someone. I was beginning to worry about this girl." Sunny showed her aegyo and hugged Gyuri tighter.

"Umma~" Victoria whined.

"Oh hush. You and I both know that it was true." Sunny silenced her eldest and continued to hug Gyuri.

Even though Sooyoung rarely showed skin ship with her wife, that never stopped Sunny from attempting skin ship with her daughters. Sooyoung was the type of person who never really showed much affection towards other people, no doubt that's where Victoria got her love for isolation from.  Even with her family, Sooyoung was uncomfortable kissing her own daughters on the forehead or cheek in public, let alone her wife. Sunny knew. She knew that even though Sooyoung rarely showed it, she can feel Sooyoung's love. It was there. You didn't have to be an idiot to see the love the couple shared with one another.

Sooyoung and Sunny were the type of couple who knew their love for each other, but it was never said out loud. Sure "I love you's" were exchanged between the two, but they knew with that spark in their eyes that their love had grown stronger throughout the years of their marriage.

Being the complete opposite of Tiffany and Jessica, sometimes made Sunny feel insecure about their marriage despite knowing how much her Shikshin loved her. Public displays of affections were never Sooyoung's thing. She would only hold Sunny's hand and gve her hugs, but never around strangers. It was only around their small group snd their children.

Tiffany and Jessica were always playful, in fact, Sooyoung use to be playful too. But that was when they were still young and careless, but things change. People change. Sunny was just thankful that Sooyoung's love for her never changed. But every now and then, Sunny felt lonely.

"You alright, Bunny?" Sooyoung's voice broke her out of her train of thought.

"Wah? Oh! I'm fine." Sunny laughed and composed herself again.

"C'mon, Bunny." Sooyoung smiled and took Sunny by the hand and led her to the kitchen. Sooyoung pulled the chair out for Sunny to sit in and sat next to her wife. Tiffany and Jessica joined the other couple with Jonghyun still in Tiffany's arms.

The teens, on the other hand were all busy lazing in the living room. Sulli was on Luna's lap and was busy smuggling in her warm embrace. Amber's head was on Krystal's lap while Krystal brushed her girlfriend's hair with her fingers. Gyuri had her head on Victoria's shoulder while their hands were untwined together. Soon enough, Jonghyun appeared in the living room holding a tray full of food for himself.

"Aunt Ppany said that the adults were going to have an adult conversation, so I needed to leave the room for a little bit." Jonghyun placed the tray on the table and started eating.

"Yoona, Yuri, what's the deal with you guys? You two have been quiet recently." Sooyoung looked at the couple.

"We have to be careful with what we say and do, especially with Luna around." Yuri glared at Tiffany.

"What are you looking at? I didn't raise a ert." Tiffany put her hands up in defense.

"Guys, I'm worried about Gyuri and Vicky dating." Sunny said quietly.

"What are you so worried about, SunBuns?" Yuri asked.

"I don't see why you're worried either. Gyuri's a good kid." Yoona nodded in approval.

"Jeez. Not what I mean, Yoong. I'm worried that Victoria's gonna have her heart broken." Sunny shook her head.

"She won't." Jessica comforted Sunny.

"What makes you so sure?" Sunny asked.

"Because knowing Victoria, she's the type of person who will do anything for Gyuri. I look at Victoria and I  always see how much she was like Sooyoung back then." Jessica gave Sunny's hand a comforting squeeze and smiled.

"Why is it so much harder to let Vic go than Sulli?" Sooyoung asked.

"Because Sulli is a ert." Tiffany simply said.

"You're the one to talk." Jessica gave her an icy glare.

Tiffany leaned forward and gave Jessica a quick peck on the lips, turning her icy glare turn into a radiant smile, "There's the smile I fell in love with so many years ago."

Jessica shook her head, but her smile got even bigger hearing Tiffany's cheesy words, "Cheesey as ever, ha, Hwang?"

"Only for you, my one and only." Tiffany wrapped an arm around Jessica's shoulders and pulled her closer.

"Anything new with you two?" Sunny asked Jessica and Tiffany.

"Amber asked our  permission so she can ask Krystal to marry her." Tiffany beamed her eye-smile.

"She's going to what?"

Tiffany turned around and waved at Krystal and turned back to the others. Krystal. She whipped her rad back around and saw Krystal, "Keystal?! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"I came to get Amber some water. Is she really proposing?"

"What's with all the yelling?" Amber and Victoria asked.

"Are you really proposing?" Krystal turned around and faced Amber.

"You're proposing?" Luna looked at Amber.

"Who's proposing?" Sulli asked.

"Appareantly Amber." Gyuri said.

"Waaaah~! Dabaek!" Jonghyun gave Amber a thumbs up.

"You do realize by proposing to Unnie means that you're stuck with her for the rest of your life, right?" Luna asked.

"You're really proposing?" Krystal asked again.

"Am I really gonna do this now?" Amber asked out loud, but it was really a question she asked herself.

"So you're proposing?" Krystal asked.

"Did you want her to?" Sulli asked.

"Why wouldn't she want her to?" Victoria asked.

"Everyone stop talking!" Amber shouted.

Everyone jumped at the suddenly yelling. Silence was the only thing heard in the room. Everyone looked at one another, hoping that someone would say something.

Amber took a deep breath and slowly got on one knee. She looked up at Krystal and gave her dinosaur-like smile. Krystal's heart started beating faster and faster for it was that same smile she had fallen in love with years ago.

FLASHBACK

Krystal's new found love for coffee had her going to the coffee shop every other day. Today was a special day though, it was her boyfriend's birthday.

Krystal wore a summer dress that stopped at her mid-thigh and a cardigan over it. She has been dating him for about a month and a half. She had feelings for him, but nothing too serious.

"Omo. I'll be right with you with your coffee." A frantic voice rang from behind her.

In the blink of an eye, Krystal was screaming in vain and the other person was apologizing while cleaning her up. The person had slipped on spilt coffee.

"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The person kept apologizing.

"Yah! What's wrong with you? Do you want to die? This is a brand new dress!" Krystal shouted.

"Please, let me make it up to you. Let me buy you a new dress and pay for your order. It's the least I can do." The person pleaded.

"I don't want a new dress." Krystal crossed her arms and glared at the person.

"Please tell me what I can do to make it up to you." The person pleaded.

"What's your name?"

"Amber."

"Well, Amber, I'll be seeing you around then." With that being said, Krystal left the coffee shop without the cake she had ordered.

"Wait! You left this!" Amber called, but Krystal had completely ignored her.

Amber grinned and held the phone in her hand, "You'll be back."

Sure enough, later that day, Krystal came back looking for her phone. She sat in her usual booth and waited for a certain coffee shop employee to show up.

Amber walked out of the counter, taking her apron off and slipped the phone in her pocket. She was about to go out the door when a hand forced her to turn around.

“Can I have my phone back please?” Krystal crossed her arms and glared at her.

“Let me make it up to you, please. I feel horrible for spilling hot coffee all over your pretty summer dress and cardigan.” Amber pleaded.

“Everything alright?” A male voice asked.

“I’m just waiting for her to give me my phone back. Go back and sit down, Seungri.” Krystal motioned him to sit back down to their booth.

Seungri glared at her and grabbed her by the arm, forcing her to go sit down with him. Krystal followed and crossed her arms, leaving a lot of space between them. Seungri forced himself on her, while Krystal struggled to get him off of her.

“Stop moving, I just want to cuddle.” Seungri gripped her wrists.

“I don’t feel like cuddling!” Krystal almost shouted. Everyone turned their heads towards her.

“You’re no fun anymore, you’re worthless. Even the . It’s over.” Seungri stormed out of the shop and never looked back.

Krystal looked like she was on the verge of tears. She grabbed her bag and walked out of the coffee shop. Amber followed Krystal out of the shop and spotted her sitting under a tree with her back resting on the trunk. Tears were silently flowing in the corner of her eyes, the sight of the broken girl made Amber’s heart hurt.

“You look ugly when you cry.” Amber sat next to Krystal and wiped her tears away using her thumb.

“Gee, thanks.” Krystal retorted.

Amber chuckled and pulled her into a hug, “Why are you even crying? You’re worth so much more than what you give yourself credit for.”

“Yeah, right.” Krystal snorted.

“Why do you think I asked you to go to dinner to make up for spilling coffee over you?” Amber looked straight ahead, watching the sun setting.

“The sunset is beautiful, isn’t it?” Krystal asked.

“Not as beautiful as the girl sitting next to me.” Amber looked away from the sun set and gave Krystal a dinosaur-like smile.

Krystal’s heart started beating faster.

“Krystal Hwang-Jung. Jung Soojung, I love you. Baby Jung, you’ve always been the one for me. It’s been this way ever since I accidentally spilt coffee on you on the very first day we met. I still remember you sitting under that tree, both our heart broke that day, but for different reasons. We’ve gone through so much confusion, frustration, depression, but we also had our fair share of good times. Well, looks like we made it, babe.” Amber smile and pulled out a box out of her pocket and opened it, revealing a diamond ring, “Krsytal Hwang-Jung, will you make this love-struck llama the happiest of all the llamas by marrying me?”

Krystal wiped her tears away and nodded, “Yes! A million times yes! I love you so much, Llama!”

“She said yes!” Amber twirled Krystal around and showered her with kisses all over her face. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Krystal hugged Amber.

Amber couldn’t stop smiling as she slipped the diamond ring onto Krystal’s left ring finger.

 

(i'm back from my trip!

:D

did you guys miss me? :3

i know i missed you guys

comments?

i love reading your comments

they make my days

<3

unnie)