Chapter One — Huntress First Day

UNDER THE NEW MOON

Chapter One

————————  ————————

Huntress First Day

 

 

 

2012, Seoul, South Korea

 

 

THE TWINKLING scenery has embellished the dark skies with its sparkle, defeated the darkness of the nightfall. Lamp light has emblazoned every fuscous road at this dead night.

 

In such a silent night, a white vehicle flew by.

 

Kia Sorento—the tough, elegant, and the streamlined body which driven by a twenty-two years old girl was streaking fast the murky road which was lighten by a dim of lamp light. The roar of the four-cylinder petrol engine has added its impression become more truculent yet a dashing one.

 

But, that dashing sound has disrupted the girl comfy sleep—Jiyeon awakened while her hand was busy rubbing her sleepy eyes. Her hand slowly moved unto her ears, unplugging her earphone which was plugged on her ears. She reached her iPhone and touches the screen to stop the music which was played before when she fell asleep. She narrowed her eyes, trying to see the number which popped out at the digital clock.

 

10.00 PM. Indeed, it’s not really bad. She has already slept for two hours. But, the exhausted feeling has already mind to lean her body on the comfy seat. Jiyeon want to rest her body for a bit but, her body rejected to do so. Thanks to that ing car engine, her peaceful moment is disturbed and now, she can’t shut her eyes.

 

“Oh, you have awake,” said the girl while she giving her wide smile to Jiyeon. Jiyeon could only curse that thing inwardly. While hiding her annoying feeling to that thing, Jiyeon turned her face to her older cousin and put a warm smile on her face.

 

“Yes, I’ve awake,” she said while checking some text messages on her iPhone. “Thanks to your noisy car engine, I can’t continue my sleep.”

 

Qri just chuckled hearing her cousin complaint—it’s just a cute one.

 

“Sorry for the annoying noise, Jiyeon-ah. Please just bear it for awhile since we’re almost reached our destination,” Qri replied with a bright smile while driving the car. Jiyeon could only resist her complaint toward Qri. She just didn’t want to have a little quarrel with her cousin. Slowly, she leaned her tired body on the comfy seat while she was trying to shut her eyes, continue her dream.

 

“Anyway, how about your farewell party last night?” the older girl asked while she shifted down the gears and stopped her car due the red sign on the traffic lamp.

 

“Well, it went smoothly,” Jiyeon answered lazily while she was trying to shut her eyes for a moment. “Most of them were crying.”

 

“They’re crying?”

 

The younger girl slowly nods her head.

 

“Wow, I bet it’ll be hard for them.”

 

Yeah, it’ll be hard for them. The fact is almost of them were crying last night. Due her wish to enroll at Seoul High University, she has to move to Seoul, leaving her motherland and also her friends in Busan. Before her departure to Seoul, she threw a farewell party with her friends. She didn’t want to leave but she hasn’t any choice. In order to fulfill her dream, you must sacrifice your important thing to reach it and now, it’s Jiyeon thought about. Sadly, but she has to.

 

“You must be missing them now,” Qri replied with a melancholic tone while her hand was busy shifting the gears and stepping her foot on the gas pedal. “How is auntie?”

 

For a moment, Jiyeon was remained in a silent. Thinking about her mom just made her felt guilty toward the older woman. She felt guilty since she has to leave Busan, leaving her alone. Jiyeon didn’t want to leave the most important person in her life. She could register in other college but her mother was insisted. Mrs. Park didn’t want her intelligent daughter just end her dream for her. She wanted Jiyeon to reach her dream although she’s already knew the consequence but, if she could saw her daughter happy why should she felt sad about it? She didn’t want Jiyeon to be sad but she wants her to be the delightful child.

 

Her eyes were a bit teary after remembering all of that moment that she has passed through with her mother. Before Qri can realize her sadness, Jiyeon quickly turned her face to the window, pretending that she was busy seeing the sight on her right side.

 

“Well, she is fine. Don’t worry, I’ve asked Luna to take care of her well.”

 

Qri know it from the tone that was clearly spoken out from Jiyeon’s mouth. For Pete’s sake, she wanted to hug her younger cousin and her hair. She knows it that Jiyeon must be feeling sad now but, she can’t do it. She is driving and she should be known about it.

 

“I feel glad if auntie is fine. Well, we’re arrived.”

 

Qri parked her car on the street, right in front of the house. She turned off the car, spin the key and took it off. She unfastens her seatbelt, quickly opened the door and helped her cousin. Jiyeon is already unbuckled her seatbelt, moved out from her seat and came out from the white vehicle.

 

The cool yet fresh air was blown from her back, made her body a bit shiver. The road is so quiet, far away from the noisy sound. Her dark orbs were staring deeply the star which scattered on the murky skies; trying to find which one is sparkle more brightly than another one.

 

“Jiyeon-ah, let’s go,” Qri called while carrying her cousin luggage. Well, Qri didn’t want Jiyeon fell sick because of the cool weather. Slowly, Qri took off her varsity and hang it on Jiyeon’s shoulders. She gently patted Jiyeon’s head and signaled to go inside with her.

 

Jiyeon nod her head and slowly tighten the varsity which hanged on her shoulders. Well, it’s sizeable and thick but it feels so warm. Qri must be love it and it seems that she take care her varsity very well.

 

Qri led Jiyeon to the house. They’re walking along the footpath while having a little conversation.

 

“Qri, you don’t have to carry my luggage. I can carry it by myself.”

 

“It’s okay Jiyeon. Let me help you to carry it.”

 

“I can carry it, Qri. Besides, it’s not that heavy.”

 

“No, let me to carry your luggage. You must be tired for the long trip from Busan to Seoul.”

 

“Okay, you win. Thanks for helping me.”

 

“Nah, it doesn’t matter.”

 

When they’re almost reached the front door, a forty-five years old man opened the door while a bright smile was engraved on his face although it’s already time to sleep. He then approached Jiyeon and gently hugged her.

 

“Come in my beautiful niece,” he said while giving the way for both girls to go inside, avoiding the cool weather. Qri letting Jiyeon went first before herself.

 

“Thanks Qri,” Jiyeon whispered while smiling at her. The older girl just replied with a smile and then, she went inside with Jiyeon’s luggage.

 

“Welcome to our home, Jiyeonnie,” said the old man while giving her a warm smile. “How are you, sweetie?”

 

“I’m fine uncle, thank you,” Jiyeon answered with her warm smile. “How are you, uncle? Did auntie have already fallen asleep?”

 

“I’m fine dear, thanks for asking. Well, she’s already fallen asleep,” Mr. Lee replied while shut the door gently and locked it. “Well, you must be tired Jiyeon.”

 

“Quite well,” Jiyeon smiled. “But, it’s nothing when I met with you, uncle.”

 

“Well, I feel honored then. Let’s go to your room, I’ve prepared it for you.”

           

“Thank you, uncle. You’re so kind.”

 

“Nah, don’t say that. You’re like my own daughter.”

 

That words were already made Jiyeon became silent for a moment. The way her uncle talk and treat her just resembled with that person—her father.

 

The figure has taken her back into her old memory with him. Jiyeon remembered when her father brought her to the forest. Back then, she was a seven years old girl and she was taught by her father about hunting and survival life in forest. She still remembers how his dearest riffle shape when she touch it for the first time, how to hide her presence—she remember all of it. Even the moment her mother was angry with her father when he taught her about how to shoot—she still remembers all of it clearly.

 

But, it just an old memory which eaten by the time. He has passed, leaving this world when she was fifteen. The reason of his dead is still unknown. People said that he committed a suicide but Jiyeon refused to believe it. She knew that father won’t do such thing. That time, her mother was crying badly and sometimes, she falls into a swoon. Jiyeon could only clench her fists, trying to withhold her sadness. She felt rage and grief at the same time. She swears that she will kill that person who dares to murder her precious father if she met that knave in a person.

 

Year by year has been passed. Jiyeon grow as a tough girl who never cries in front of people after the incident. She has taken her father position as the head of the family. She grows as a mature girl instead of having fun with her friends. She always works hard to support their financial.

 

“Well, this is your room Jiyeon-ah,” said the old man whilst he opened the door and he reached out his hand inside to turn on the light. “I’ve cleaned and tidied it for you.”

 

Jiyeon slowly stepped her foot inside the room. The room feels so warm and is nicely tidied. Even, there’s not a single dust left on the floor.

 

It’s a simple room—the red wooden floor, the beige vintage wall, the white lace curtains around the window, the white desk—Jiyeon never thought it.

 

Wow, said Jiyeon inwardly while she entering the room. Mr. Lee just grinned widely when he saw the delightful expression from Jiyeon’s face. Well, at least his effort to cleaning up this room is ended successfully. The fact is his niece loves it well.

 

“Well, do you love it?” Qri asked while putting the luggage beside the bed. Jiyeon nodded her head and gave a wide smile to her and Mr. Lee.

 

“Yes, I love it. Thank you Mr. Lee,” Jiyeon answered and bowed to him. At that time, Mr. Lee frowned and quickly tapped her shoulder.

 

“Stop bowing dear. You just made us feel uncomfortable.”

 

“Uhm, but—”

 

“It’s not a big deal, Jiyeon. Besides, tomorrow is your first day on your new college right?”

 

The young girl nodded.

 

“Okay, you’ve to rest. You’ve to wake early or you’ll be late.”

 

Mr. Lee slowly turned his back and signaled to Qri to leave the room. Qri nodded and smiled to Jiyeon.

 

“Well, don’t sleep late okay?”

 

Jiyeon slapped the older girl shoulder and gave a smirk.

 

“Of course not,” she whispered to Qri. “I won’t sleep late.”

           

The older girl pinched her left cheek and quickly went outside. Mr. Lee just shook his head when he saw the naughty Qri.

 

“Uhm, uncle?”

 

“Yes, my dear?”

 

“Thank you for your help. I owe you a lot.”

 

“It’s my pleasure if I can help you. Now, rest well my dear.”

 

“Yes, of course. Goodnight uncle.”

 

“Goodnight, Jiyeon,” Mr. Lee smiled and slowly closed the door. Jiyeon went to her luggage and slowly unpack her belongings. She didn’t want to delay it until tomorrow. She wanted to settle her belongings and tidy it immediately. At least, she didn’t have to bother what she has to wear at tomorrow morning.

 

Without wasting any time, Jiyeon put her belongings at the place which she wants to be placed. Afterwards, she will lay down her body on that pillowy bed.

 

 ❆ 

 

 

SUN has illuminated the whole world, waking up every single creature that live in this Earth with its warmness which was emitted as a sign to start the new day. Most of its light was penetrated through the white curtain, touched her milky white skin.

 

Jiyeon slowly opened her eyelid. A beautiful chirp which sung by the birds slowly made Jiyeon get up from her bed. Steadily, she stood up from her bed and stretched up her body for awhile and then, she tidied her bedstead and straightaway headed to the bathroom.

 

It’s the first day to start her new daily life as a college student. Yep, she didn’t want to be late on her first day. Jiyeon twisted the water faucet and the water was dropped, immediately run and humect her whole body.

 

Well, Jiyeon could only hope that she get a new friend and accustomed with her new circle while her hands were busy lathering her whole body.

 

Finished with her activity in bathroom, Jiyeon dressed up herself with a black tanktop, covered with a cinereous blue sweater and black leggings. Without wasting the time, Jiyeon quickly put on her socks and grab her bag. She opened the door and closed it. She climbed down the catena of stairs and headed toward the kitchen.

 

“Good morning Jiyeon,” greet that person while she was smiling. “Have a sit, Jiyeonnie.”

 

“Ah, thank you,” Jiyeon replied while she gave a wide smile to her aunt. “How are you auntie?”

 

“I’m great, thanks,” her aunt answered while she was giving a sandwich to Jiyeon. “So, today is your first day on your new college. How do you feel?”

 

“Well, I’m a bit nervous,” Jiyeon frankly said while her hand was taking the breakfast from her aunt and placed it on the table. “It’s my first day on college.”

           

“It’s okay. Don’t be nervous my dear. My husband will take you to college.”

 

“Okay,” Jiyeon said while she was eating the sandwich. “Hm, where is Qri?”

 

When Mrs. Lee wants to give her answer to Jiyeon, a door was opened and both Jiyeon and Mrs. Lee could see Qri with a sleepy face.

 

“Good morning,” Qri greeted while she was yawning and rubbing her eyes. “Oh, you’ve awake, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

“Of course I am,” Jiyeon grinned. “You said it to me for not being late, aren’t you?”

 

“Well, you’re right,” Qri replied while heading toward the refrigerator. “So, are you feeling nervous?”

 

“Well, a bit,” Jiyeon answered while she was finished with her breakfast and washing her plate. “But, I’m feeling more confident now.”

 

“That’s my cousin,” said Qri. “Good luck on your first day.”

 

“Thanks,” Jiyeon replied. “Auntie, thanks for the breakfast. I’m heading off.”

 

“You’re welcome and be careful my dear.”

 

Jiyeon nodded and took her bag, heading toward the outside where Mr. Lee is waiting for her. Mr. Lee smiled and opened the door for Jiyeon.

 

“Lady’s first,” he said while smiling. Jiyeon could only chuckled seeing his gesture.

 

“Well, thank you,” she smiled and went inside to the car. Mr. Lee gently closed the door and swiftly headed toward his driver seat. He closed the door and buckled his seatbelt while Jiyeon took off her bag and put it on her lap. She then buckled her seatbelt. Mr. Lee started the engine and slowly shifted the gear, stepped his foot on the gas pedal and the car drove away. The awkward atmosphere was surrounding around them. Jiyeon is not a type of person who loves to start the new topic. She didn’t have any idea what should she talk about.

 

“So, Jiyeon-ah,” he said as he broke through the awkward atmosphere while he was driving the car. “Did you sleep well last night?”

 

“Yes, I did. How about you, uncle?”

 

“Well, same with you. So, are you feeling nervous now?”

 

This is the third time that she was asked for the same question. Jiyeon leave a sigh then tried to smile.

 

“Well, a little.” 

 

“You better don’t feel nervous. Just relax,” he advised. Jiyeon just smiled and him.

 

“Thank you for the advice, uncle.”

 

“Nah, you’re welcome dear,” he gently patted her head. “By the way, we’re arrived.”

 

She unbuckled her seatbelt and once again, Mr. Lee opened the door for her. Jiyeon chuckled and went outside from the car. Mr. Lee then approached her and gave Jiyeon a hug.

 

“Good luck on your first day, Jiyeon. Just text me if you want me to pick you” he said while gently release his hug from her.

 

“Thank you, I will text you uncle.”

 

“Okay, guess I have to go now. Bye Jiyeon,” he said and walked toward his car. Jiyeon waved her hand and decide to go inside the college.

 

There are so many people seem divagated around the college. Some of them were sitting on the nearby bench while reading a book.

 

Jiyeon walked inside the college, trying to find where her class is. Luckily, she’s not late so she didn’t have to be in a hurry. Thanks to the alarm clock that Qri has placed it at her room; she didn’t late on her first day.

 

“Park Jiyeon, Park Jiyeon,” she mumbled while her eyes were searching her name on the college notice board. “Ah, I find it.”

 

Biological Sciences Class 2nd floor.

 

Alright, time to go now. Jiyeon then slowly turn her back and began to walk heading toward her class. When she headed toward the stairs, a small hand tapped her shoulder. Automatically, Jiyeon turned to see who tapped her shoulder just now.

 

The figure who taps her shoulder is a girl—well, a cute one. She has a long black hair, a bit wavy. Her face is cute but in the other side, she looks beautiful.

 

“Uhm, can I go with you?” the girl asked shyly. “My name is Lee Ji Eun, but you can call me IU.”

 

 “Sure, not problem,” Jiyeon answered while she gave a wide smile. “I’m Park Jiyeon. Just call me Jiyeon.”

 

“Thank you,” she smiled. “I hope we can be a good friend.”

 

“Well, I hope so,” Jiyeon answered. “Where is your class?”

 

“Uhm, Biological Sciences Class, at second floor.”

 

Well, how fortunate Jiyeon is. At least, she didn’t have to walk alone while searching her class.

 

“We’re same then,” Jiyeon said. “Well, I’m lucky today.”

           

“Perhaps so,” Ji Eun chuckled. “Let’s search our class together.”

 

Jiyeon nodded in agreement. Both of them climbed the stairs while having a conversation. Well, at least her first day on her new college went smoothly.

 

“C’mon Jiyeon, we’re almost there,” Ji Eun said cheerfully. Jiyeon even didn’t realize that Ji Eun walked so fast. Jiyeon tried to catch up.

           

“Jiyeon, watch out!” Ji Eun shouted as she saw a guy was in rush and accidentally bumped onto her shoulder. More surprisingly, that guy didn’t helped her and apologize to her. Quite the opposite, he just went off like nothing happened between them.

 

Darn it! Jiyeon cursed inwardly. Automatically, Jiyeon lost her balance. Her body just following Galileo Galilei’s gravitation law.

 

Before her body could hit the floor, she felt a strong grip on her waist which prevented her to fall. With a single and sprightly move, that tough hand pulled her body away and ended in an embrace.

 

That dexterous hand has hold Jiyeon’s body strongly. This time, she was saved from the misadventure which occurred on her and she didn’t have to visit the healthcare room at this college with a reason that she fell from the stairs. It’s a bit embarrassing for her. Jiyeon still cursed that wretch guy who has caused this misadventure on her first day as a college student and more splendid, that knave just went off without considering the consequence. If she met that guy again, this time she will slit that guy’s throat without any mercy.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

Hoarse, but it’s audibly charismatic and a calm one—that’s what she thinks about that sound which had just heaved in her ears. Vexation almost made Jiyeon lost her patience but, she tried to control her temperament and calmed down herself. Whilst lowered her head, Jiyeon quickly turn her body to the figure that just saved her.

 

The dark orbs which have the raven-black color was scanned herself fixedly, ensuring the girl that she just saved isn’t hurt. Jiyeon could feel that stare are so sincere and caring from behind her glasses.

 

That sprightly figure is a girl which has a posture of slender body and tall. She’s wearing a blackish-gray long-sleeved shirt with the dark-blue colored jeans and sneakers. Well, a fashion-style which looks casual and… somewhat bizarre but, more strangely is herself who love that girl fashion sense.

 

Darnation, she is so fascinating. Her frisky demeanor has successfully lures her heart, added with her y husky voice and her wide-awake gesture has made that girl looks more charming. This time, Jiyeon couldn’t take her eyes from her. For Pete’s sake, Jiyeon couldn’t stop looking at her—she is so appealing.

 

Yah, are you alright?”

 

The question which asked by her was enough to made Jiyeon realize with the fact which currently happening on her. Goodness, that charming looks has already made her body function became screwed up. Realizing her daydream, Jiyeon immediately take a few back step and lowered her head.

 

“Ah, I’m sorry. I’m alright,” Jiyeon answered after her daydream about that girl circa for three minutes. “Thank you for helping me.”

 

That figure observe Jiyeon for once again, in case if that girl doing careless things, at least she still can save Jiyeon from it.

 

“Really?” she asked with a worried tone, staring Jiyeon for once again. “You seem not okay.”

 

“Really, I’m alright,” Jiyeon quickly replied, trying to ensure that person that she’s fine. “Thanks for your help.”

 

Jiyeon slowly lowered her body as her thanks for once again and aftermath, she turn her body and quickly catch up with Ji Eun for continuing they search for their class. The girl gazes on her for once again, make sure whether the girl that she just saved can walk properly or she really need her help.

 

Her conjecture is right. She stumbled and again, Jiyeon lost her balance. Without waiting, she shortly catches her body with her hands.

           

And this is the second time that she was in that girl embrace. For the second time—this her second time that she was saved by her. Again and again, her deft manner and her reaction for what happened in front of her have successfully made Jiyeon stunned with that bespectacled girl.

 

Why she is so considerate? Why she is so care with her?

 

One sec’s passed and that sec changed into one minute—five minute passed and Jiyeon still in that girl embrace.

 

“Until when that are you still like this?”

 

Oh my goodness, what is really happened on me?

 

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE


 

A/N: JJANG! Chapter one is up! Sorry for the long hiatus. Did you miss me? Muahaha, well... I'm done with my national exam so I can write again. At first, I want to split this into two chapters but I've decided to not split it because I want it to a long one for my hiatus. I'm sorry if the chapter is too long and anyway, your comment and your feedback are very welcomed and appreciated. Thank you and have an enjoy reading :D