OSL - Chapter 22

Oath to a Secret Lover

CHAPTER 22

 

The night was getting deeper and the sidewalk was getting more silent. The cold breeze blew making Suzy’s hair fly with the air. Both hearts fluttered and the other ached in pain. It was the second time his heart throbbed and it was the same reason it felt pain.

“It’s not what you think.”

All he can do was stare at her innocent yet worried eyes. “Then what am I supposed to think? Did you like hugging him so much?” Myungsoo retorted with all his anger.

In shock of what he said, she didn’t know what to feel. She was getting angry with him.

“What did you just say? Are you crazy?” Letting out her anger, a tear fell from her eyes. “How can you think like that? I can’t believe how your mind works.”

“I was supposed to be the one getting angry at you and you’re shouting at me? Do you think I’m stupid not to see this?” Both their feelings boiled making them suddenly get mad at each other. Trust supposedly crossed their hearts. “I thought going here was a good idea. It’s not after all.”

“I already said it’s not what you think. I only hugged him because I was-.”

Confused of all what’s happening to him, add Krystal to it. His mind got winded up. “Let’s give each other space.”

“What? Isn’t that the same as breaking up?” Suzy stepped back and carelessly threw the necklace to him. “Then take that! We are done!”

Unnoticeable of what just happened, Myungsoo calmed down. All things just sink in to his mind. “Suzy-ah!”

It was too late, Suzy was gone leaving him alone with Kai. “What did I do?”

Myungsoo looked at Kai who was staring at him. "Don't look at me. You're the one who went here and blabbered out things. You didn't even listen to what she has to say."

"So, you say this is all my fault?" Myungsoo pushed his shoulder and Kai stepped back. "Yeah, this is all your fault. You didn't even care for her feelings. All you care was yourself. What a jerk!"

Ending the conversation, Kai turned back and left Myungsoo.

The night had passed and all Suzy has to do was cry on her bed. Sobs were heard to her mother’s room making her worried for Suzy. She planned to knock on her door but she didn’t. All she can do was to hear her cry and wait for the right time to talk to her, when she can explain all things and her heart speak.

Morning came and Suzy’s room was quiet, too quiet. Her mother knocked on her door but she wasn’t answering. Quickly, she opened the door. “Suzy-ah.”

With all the happenings last night, all Suzy can do was to stare outside her window and think. “Mom, was I the one who made the mistake?”

Her mother approached her and gave her a comforting hug. “What happened last night?”

Bursting into tears, her mother rubbed her back. “I broke up with him. He saw me hugging Kai but I was just thankful. He said too much that made me angry with him. Explaining was no use, he didn’t even dare listen.”

“Maybe he’s experiencing something that he said all of that.”

“That doesn’t mean he can shout at me!” She defended.

“Try to understand each other. Getting angry at him won’t make anything better.”

*

“Why isn’t Suzy coming?” Krystal moved her head sideways to search for Suzy but she saw no one. Tapping her foot on the ground, she was losing her patience. Stepping ones, she saw Myungsoo poorly walking from the gate. “What’s wrong with him?”

She was about to approach him but someone called her attention. It was Kai signaling him to go to him. Leaving her no choice, she rolled her eyes and went near him. “So have you decided to give the necklace back to me?”

 “Have you seen Suzy?”

“You just called me for her?” She raised her left eyebrow and crossed her arms. “I didn’t see her anywhere. I guess she’s not coming to school today and I don’t even know the reason. I saw Myungsoo and it’s like he lost his life. Why is that?”

“They already broke up.” Kai said making Krystal jump into thoughts.

“Really? How? When? Why?” Hesitant she was, Kai irritably scratched his head.

“It was because of me.” Hearing what he said, her eyes widened.

“WHAT?” A wide grin formed on her face. “Ooh~ So you’re of use also. Daebak!” She rubbed her chin and flipped her hair to her back. “I’m going now.”

Turning back at him, she walked away, towards to where Myungsoo went.

“Myungsoo-ya!” She cheerfully said and rushed to his side. Hooking her arm to his arm, he didn’t mind at all. His thoughts were full of Suzy, Suzy and Suzy.

“I heard you and Suzy broke up.” As if he heard nothing, he was just blankly staring on the ground without even hearing Krystal’s words. “Are you all right?”

Myungsoo slipped Krystal’s hand off and continued walking.

“Did he just ignore me? YA!” Her glaring eyes faded worriedly. “Is he hurting that much?”

“Wait till I see her!” She smacked her fist on her palms and turned back to the opposite way, to where the faculty room is.

“Teacher, do you know where Suzy lives?”

After the travel, “So, this is where she lives. Not bad for an ordinary person.”

Taking another step from the gate, she reached the front door. Without second thoughts, she pressed on the door bell and footsteps were sounding nearer and nearer.

Suddenly, the door was wide open and a woman welcomed her. “Who are you miss?”

Acting all friendly, she showed a pleasant smile and waved her palms to her. “Hi! My name is Krystal. I’m good friends with Suzy.”

I didn’t know she has a friend named Krystal.”

“You know Suzy, she’s keeping all her friends to herself.” With a wide grin on her face, she shrugged. “Aren’t you supposed to invite me in?”

“Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry.” Stepping aside, Mrs. Bae offered Krystal to sit and went upstairs to call for Suzy. “Suzy, your friend is here.”

“Friend? Who could that be?” Suzy went downstairs and shocked of who she saw. Yet Krystal was there amusingly looking at her expression. “What are you doing here?”

“Is that how you welcome your friend who just visited you? Tch.” 

 


 

Author's note: Here's an update for today. Sorry for the wait! :)