Chapter Three

Dancing in the Rain

Himchan looked around the park; “Zelo-ah, I don’t hear any…” he stopped short, hearing it too now. It sounded like footsteps and low chatter.

“Just people passing by?” Zelo asked giggling again.

“This late at night…” Himchan wondered. He quickly grabbed Zelo from the swing and pulled him down into a nearby bush.

“What are you-“ Zelo was cut off by Himchan’s hand over his face. The older pressed closely to the younger in the bush. He whispered lightly in Zelo’s ear, breath tickling his neck. The maknae shivered at the feeling.

“It might be cops, or people looking for trouble. We need to stay low and keep quiet. If you get caught in this state in could cause law troubles and a huge scandal.” Zelo nodded. They held still and listened to the voices pass the park. Whoever it was didn’t bother coming into the park. Himchan let out a sigh of relief.

He turned his head so he was face to face with Zelo. Zelo’s eyes were half lidded and his mouth hung open a bit again. His gaze was to the floor, and he seemed a bit shaken.

Himchan knew that he should stand up. He knew it was probably time to take the boy home. He knew that he should get out of this situation before he did something he would regret. He needed to leave before he showed his feelings towards Zelo.

Intoxicated people don’t make the best decisions though. And being so close to the maknae was so, so very intoxicating.

He reached out his hand and Zelo’s cheek lightly. The younger shivered again, but didn’t move away from his touch. Himchan’s thumb traveled down the boy’s face slowly. He barely grazed the corner of Zelo’s lips with his digit, causing the young man to inhale sharply. Himchan’s thumb slid down along his jaw line until reaching his chin. He lifted the boy’s face with his thumb and forefinger before tilting slightly.

The night breeze picked up, rustling the leaves surrounding the two men. Himchan leaned forward, and hung his lips just an inch or two over Zelo’s. Zelo finally looked up. Himchan’s pale skin shone in the moonlight. He was by no means perfect though. Zelo could see small cracks in his lips, and eye lashes falling just out of place. He could see a light red blotchy tint forming over his cheeks and nose. He could see small hairs popping out of his chin.

And yet he was still beautiful.

Zelo closed his eyes and waited for what seemed like hours. When he reopened them, he saw Himchan in the same spot looking down at him. Their eyes locked, and Himchan’s seemed to say, “It’s okay to push me away, I know this is wrong.” But before Zelo’s mind could fully process that message, he pushed up off the ground and forced their lips to meet.

So soft…Zelo thought as their lips crashed into each other. The before still Himchan had come alive, grabbing the younger man’s hips and pulling them both backwards so Himchan was sitting in the bush’s branches and Zelo was in his lap. They both immediately fell into a sloppy drunken rhythm, moving quickly and desperately against each other’s lips. Zelo’s hands traveled into Himchan’s hair, while Himchan’s pressed firmly down on Zelo’s hips occasionally sliding down towards his bottom. Himchan captured Zelo’s bottom lip between his own and lightly on it. Zelo’s mouth flew open and their tongues began to dance and explore each other.

Himchan seemed to have finally noticed what he was doing, and suddenly pulled away from Zelo. For a moment Zelo tried to push forward and go with him, but stopped himself. The two breathed heavily, arms still wrapped around each other and foreheads touching.

“Zelo…” Himchan breathed desperately, “No, Junhong…I have had feelings for you for a long time now. I know it might just be the alcohol for you, but I want you to know that I’m doing this because I really do like you.”

“But I like you too Himchan…” Zelo whispered. Himchan smiled.

“Maybe you do, but right now I’m not too sure of that.”

Zelo leaned forward and briefly, tenderly pressed their lips together. It was a very innocent, chaste kiss. However the passion behind his lips was overwhelming. “Even if you’re not sure,” Zelo whispered against his lips, “can I at least be yours for the rest of night?” Himchan locked eyes with Zelo. He searched them, looking for a hint that this was a dream. Seeing none, he nodded and pulled the boy into an embrace.

The two sat in silence for a while. Himchan ran his hand under Zelo’s shirt. He ran his knuckles up and down the skin found there, not fondling it so much as just appreciating it. Zelo sighed and rest his head against Himchan. His mind might have been dizzy, but he knew that he had wanted this for a long time now. Everything seemed peaceful and perfect. Until…

“Himchan…” Zelo mumbled, “What’s that noise?” Himchan could hear it too. His cocked his head, trying to listen closer. It was a whirling sort of sound. He knew he had heard this kind of sound before, but couldn’t remember where it was from. A sudden spitting sound made it all too clear. Himchan grabbed Zelo and tried to pull him out of the way, but it was too late.

The sprinklers had in the park and were in the process of drenching the new couple. Zelo laughed out loud at Himchan’s angry expression. He grabbed the War General’s hand and pulled them out of the bush and further into the sprays. Zelo gave the grumpy man a smirk, and slowly began swinging his hips back and forth. He moved a bit farther away, Himchan’s eyes following him carefully. He started dancing to the rhythm of the water sprays. Quick chopping movements follow long slow ones.

Himchan began to follow the moves, and soon the two were dancing together. It wasn’t much different from their usual stage choreography, but this felt more special. When the sprinklers stopped, they both bowed and laughed again. Himchan held out his hand which Zelo took comfortably. As they started walking Himchan began to lightly sing, “We’re just dancing in the rain…” Zelo squeezed his hand tighter and leaned against him.

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

When they got closer to the house Zelo suddenly staggered and threw an arm around Himchan’s shoulder. Himchan was about to ask what was wrong when he saw his band mates sitting in front of the house.

“Where have you two been?!” Youngguk called as they came closer. Himchan looked to Daehyun before answering.

“Zelo wanted to go on a walk and got worn out.” Himchan half lied. Zelo groaned for emphasis. Youngguk nodded.

“Get inside and go to bed,” he commanded, “it’s nearly three in the morning.” With that he turned back inside to go to sleep. Daehyun stuck back and helped Himchan move Zelo.

Once Zelo was tucked into bed, Daehyun turned to Himchan.

“The park is really fun.” He started simply, “But you have to be careful. Sometimes when people are looking really closely they can see in the bushes.” Himchan’s face burnt up. “I won’t say anything to Youngguk or the others.” Daehyun promised. Before exiting the bedroom, he leaned down and placed a quick peck on Zelo’s cheek. Himchan watched him go while sitting on Zelo’s bed.

He leaned over and gently Zelo’s face. He was about to stand to leave when a hand took his. Zelo gripped Himchan’s hand tightly.

“The night’s not over.” He mumbled. Himchan smiled wider than he had all night as Zelo shifted and made room for him under the covers. Himchan wrapped his arms around the boy, sighing into his hair. Just before the couple had fallen asleep Zelo added, “It doesn’t have to end tonight.”

Himchan held Zelo closer, “I guess not.”