Chapter One

Dancing in the Rain

Zelo glanced around the kitchen nervously as Jongup rummaged through the cupboards. He ran his hand threw his hair a few times, and checked the door. He started a gentle tapping on one of the counter in hopes to calm himself down.

 “Ah…” he mumbled in his slow tone he tended to take up when nervous, “are you sure this is a good idea, hyung?”

 Jongup didn’t answer immediately, making Zelo even more nervous. A frustrated groan came from the cupboards. “We might not be able to do it either way.” Jongup announced, his head popping out from its hiding place. “I can’t find any alcohol, not even for cooking.” He frowned at Zelo’s worried expression, “Don’t worry! The hyungs won’t mind.”

 Zelo wasn’t too sure about that. Under aged drinking was fairly common, but if it became a scandal it would get the entire band in trouble. Jongup had managed to convince him it was a good idea earlier though.

 

“It’s better when we’re young and in the house.” Jongup explained with his arm around Zelo, “That way we’re not in public and can explore our limits. Then when we are old enough to drink, we won’t embarrass the others. They will thank us for this.” Zelo nodded along to Jongup’s backwards logic. Usually one of the hyungs would shoot down his moronic plans. But when it was just him and Zelo, he always managed to sound like he knew what he was talking about. Jongup probably thought he WAS doing the right thing too.

 

In the kitchen though with the threat of someone walking in at any time was a different story. Zelo could practically here the sound of Youngguk’s scolding before it even started.

 “Yah! What do you think you’re up to?” Jongup turned and Zelo jumped. Youngguk had a serious look on his face for once. A moment of silence swept over the boys before Youngguk’s usual smile spread across his face.

 “I’m just playing.” he said holding back a little bit of chuckles. Jongup laughed, and Zelo assumed a straight robotic face to defend himself. The only other person that could have scarred them more out of the plan was Himchan. His nagging would have driven them straight into their respective rooms and out of any trouble. Luckily he was out shopping today with Daehyun. Zelo’s mind began to wander a bit as he thought about his hyung.

 “Zelo-ah?” Youngguk asked pulling him out of his trance,” I asked what you were up to.”

 Before Zelo could even think of a lie Jongup was talking.

 “Where are the boozes, hyung?”

 Youngguk’s eyes swept from Zelo to Jongup and back. He looked to Zelo, waiting for the explanation for this one.

 “Jongup…” Zelo started slowly, “Jongup hyung…thought we should….maybe go ahead and try um…” Youngguk nodded along patiently, “…drinking…or ah…something. Because we would be inside…and not in trouble. Right?”

 

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

Himchan wandered down the shopping aisle somewhat aimlessly. The familiar sound of the shopping cart’s old wheels followed behind him. The mischievous man would stop every few feet forcing his companion to pay attention, or else bump into Himchan. With every bump Himchan would accuse Daehyun of purposefully trying to abuse him. To which, Daehyun would push the cart harder in hopes of knocking over his senior.

The two were already technically finished shopping-they had everything from the list-but since the band was on a short break this week there was nothing to do at home. Also the bottomless pit lead vocalist had managed to pick up several extra frozen foods and snacks while they wandered. Himchan felt himself yawn as he stopped again. Daehyun had stopped about an inch short, making the game no longer fun. The elder was about to announce it was time to go home when…

“MAZIK, MAZIK MAZIK, OMOOMOOMO!” Himchan jumped into the middle of the aisle and began doing the girl group’s dance. An older couple frowned at him, while two teenage girls giggled at his actions. He stopped to pick up his ringing cell phone. Daehyun glanced over at the giggling teenagers, who blushed and took off down the aisle. He adjusted his face mask with a small sigh.

“What’s up, hyung?” Himchan answered lightly, continuing to browse the aisle.

“…really?” Himchan stopped again, this time with his hand held out to prevent Daehyun from bumping him. “Ah okay but…no if you say so. But what for? I guess that’s true. Okay, we’ll be home soon.” He turned to Daehyun slowly.

“Apparently we need cheap beer?” Daehyun shrugged.

“We haven’t celebrated in a while.” He answered simply, “It could just mean we’re having a fun night.”

Himchan accepted this quickly and headed off to the next aisle. A fun night… he thought quietly. His face flamed up for a moment but he quickly shook off the thought. He stopped for the last time abruptly after walking at full speed, sending an unaware Daehyun crashing into him. Himchan gripped the back of his knees and howled dramatically.

“Aigooo Daehyunie are you trying to kill meee?” he whined as Daehyun chased him down the aisle.

 

\0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/ \0/

When Daehyun and Himchan entered the house they found themselves in the middle of a heated debate. The rest of the members were sitting on a couch in the living room. Youngguk was on one side, leaning back in an attempt to look relaxed but still dangerous. Yongjae was sitting up straight and on edge, glaring at the older. The two youngest members sat between them, looking bored as if this conversation had been going for a while.

“Himchan!” Yongjae shouted suddenly when spotting him with arms full of grocery bags, “You agree right? No more than two. In fact one would be best. That way they know the taste but don’t act strangely.” Zelo’s face started burning red and was about to protest when Youngguk interrupted.

“They need at least five to even get into it!” he called, “Otherwise they would have no idea what they would act like. Right, Daehyun?”

The members on the couch looked up to the members being weighed down by strange questions and Daehyun’s snacks.

“Well,” Daehyun answered, “I might agree if I knew what you were talking about.” He turned without another word into the kitchen to put the bags of food away. Himchan followed closely behind, with the other members trailing just after him. The four members without bags were all talking at once, making it impossible to understand any of them.

“Aish, quiet!” Youngguk shouted over everyone. He pulled out the beer from one of the bags. “How many beers do you think an under aged man should try for his first time?”

“Is that what this is about?” Himchan asked, “They shouldn’t have any. But if they did as many as they want, it’s their choice.” Daehyun nodded, taking off his mask and opening a bag of Doritos.

“Have as much as you feel comfortable with.” He stated looking directly at Jongup. Jongup nodded, and Himchan laughed.

“Ai, we’re not talking about the maknaes drinking. This is just hypothetical.” Himchan chuckled again at his airheaded band mates. It was pretty funny that Daehyun addressed Jongup in the first place, but Jongup had nodded along! As if he thought the alcohol was for him!

But no one else was laughing.

“Ah, Himchan,” Youngguk said, “the boys are having their first drink tonight.”

For a moment Himchan’s face contorted into a displeased look, “Why?” he asked quietly.

Youngguk shrugged in response, “They want to. I’m not their parents, I can’t tell them what to do when it comes to these sorts of things. Speaking of which, since you and Daehyun both agree they can have as much as they want you’re in charge of them tonight.”

“What do you mean by that?” Daehyun looked slightly concerned at the idea of taking care of intoxicated people.

Youngguk smiled, “Just make sure they don’t leave the house or cause too much ruckus. Yongjae, who should watch who?”

Yongjae looked between his fellow members. “Since…” he started off slowly, as if reconsidering, “Daehyun should watch Zelo because he’s younger…” he shook his head, “Actually it might be better for him to watch Jongup. Jongup might get into more trouble if Himchan tries to tell him what to do. And Zelo won’t be much trouble, right Zelo?” He didn’t wait for a response before continuing, “So it’s decided. Himchan will watch Zelo and Daehyun will watch Jongup.”

“Who will watch you?” Daehyun asked with a smirk. Yongjae gave him a wink, “I think I can handle myself just fine.” The group shifted about a bit. It was one thing when Youngguk or Himchan flirted; after all they did that everyone. Daehyun and Yongjae, well they decided they didn’t want to know quite yet.

“Well what are we waiting for?!” Youngguk called out. He passed everyone save Daehyun and Himchan a beer. They went around showing the youngest two how to open their bottles.

Himchan watch Zelo’s hands run down the bottle nervously as Jongup managed to get the cap off his own. The young boy gripped the cool glass as if it was the last thing holding him down to this planet. He couldn’t believe it was actually happening. Part of him had hoped they would get caught before they had started. Could he really go through with this? Zelo felt something warm on his hand. He looked down to see that Himchan was holding his hand. The older gave him a small smile, tightening his grip before letting go.

“Alright gentlemen!” Youngguk shouted, raising his bottle, “Work hard, yeah?” He laughed at his own joke and took a large swing. The other’s followed suit shortly. Zelo choked a bit on the taste while Jongup’s face scrunched up. The other boys laughed at their faces.

Himchan felt like he was going crazy and the night had just started. He had been harboring some unexplored feelings for some time now, and knew tonight was NOT the best time to start. However, as he watched the cause of those feelings nervously take a second sip, he knew he’d be in for an interesting night.