Chapter 22

I'm your nanny

Dinner was fun, and as usual, filled with laughter. It had been 2 hours now of laughing and singing out loud. Yuri and Minho had annouced that they were going up to their room and that they would meet everyone agian tomorrow morning. With that, everyone else also agreed to call it a night even though it was still early as they wanted to get more rest for tomorrow.

Jessica was about to get up from her seat when Taemin stopped her.

" We prepared something for you guys so hang out here a little while more, pleaseee" he pleaded and Jessica relented.

The next thing she knew, jonhyun and herself was brought to another smaller table by the beach, with a bottle of wine and a candle. 
 

" This is sneaky," Jonghyun laughed, as he took a seat.

" So they just want us to sit here and enjoy this?" Jessica laughed back, pointing at the wine.

Jonghyun shrugged." The wind is nice, why don't we just sit here and enjoy it for a little while? It can't hurt." 

---

A glass became two, and two became more. By now, an hour had passed and it didn't seem like they were gonna leave soon. Jonghyun was certain that both of them had drank a little bit too much than expected but neither were eager to stand up because they were having such a great time.

 

“ Am I interesting to you?” Jonghyun asked, taking a sip from his glass.

“ Only if you want to be ” Jessica replied. Looking at Jonghyun back in the eye, not blinking.

“ Wow. Is that your chat-up line?” Jonghyun asked, pretending to be surprised.

“ No I’m just saying.. truthfully” 

Jonghyun leaned back against his chair.“ Is that why you agreed to come here?” 

“ No. “ She replied. “ but I would have come anyway. “ She smiled.

He turned and look at Jessica. Unsure if she was feeling the same vibe he was getting too: they were definitely flirting.

 She had a good mouth, this woman, an intelligent mouth. A trace of a smirk was playing at the corner of her lips. Not that because Jessica obviously has high IQ, but the way she was replying him seemed to give an intriguing hint that there was something extra, something privately amusing that she not to say.

“ And when exactly do I come across as wanting to be interesting to you?” said Jonghyun, leaning forward in his chair, making it clear that he wasn’t intimidating by her stare and that he wasn’t going to be the one to break off eye contact.

“ You should know better than me shouldn’t you?” she said. “ But I would compliment you that you’re pretty captivating when you make that effort ”. Then her thin pretty lips spread into a small smile. Her eyes twinkled.

Jonghyun found himself grinning. This was, without doubt, the most attractive women he’d ever talked in his whole life. Jessica could be so charming sometimes when she wants to, Jonghyun thought.

He took a big gulp of wine, glancing at his glass as he did so, conceding defeat in the staring contest. No one could win those eyes. They were quite a killer. Jessica was good. She was. Why didn’t she appeared like that to him on the first day they met?

Jonghyun didn’t realized how long it has been. But soon he could feel every part of his soul and body being connected to Jessica as their conversations moved from topic to topic, seasoned with laughter and comments that surprised him how much they agreed on many things. It wasn’t the first day knowing Jessica but everyday with her was never boring. She was endlessly fascinating.

 

“ It’s just funny isn’t it? That we’re here sitting opposite each other, stuck together with commitments that kids our age wouldn’t wanna have and we hated each other so much the first day we met. From a nanny to my fiancée. “ He said.

 

“ Hated each other? You think I’ve changed my mind?”

 

“ Then why do you agree with everything I’m saying?”

 

“ Says you. Who said I was agreeing with you? It was more like the other way round.” She took a sip from her wine.

 

“ I know you don’t hate me ” he smiled.

 

“ Let me go on a date with TOP tomorrow. “

 

“ Why should I?”

 

“ Why shouldn’t you?”

 

“ Because I don’t want you to like him”

 

“ You’re selfish. You can’t have everyone to yourself. Se kyung is quite an achievement all by herself.” Jessica reasoned. Why did he have to make it any harder? It’s not like he liked her anyway. He just wanted her.

 

“ What’s wrong with being selfish if it feels right? I know you don’t like him anyway. ” Jonghyun could swear he was tipsy now. Anything that was coming out from his lips from now weren’t properly processed to think about its consequences.

 

“ Don’t you wanna know for sure whether I really like him then? Since you’re so skeptical about it, let me go. And you’ll see for yourself whether I really like him. I’d be truthful. If I don’t enjoy the date more than I do right now I’d give him up. “

 

“ Sounds reasonable enough. But I am a little possessive.”

 

“ That’s okay,” Jessica said, with a little laugh. “ We can work on that”.

--

As it turns out, they really did have a little too much to drink. Before they know it, they were stumbling back to their room.

Then she kissed him.

Then he kissed her.

Then he pulled her closer by the waist, till her whole body was in his arms and his fingers were running through her hair.

Jessica never longed more to be in Jonghyun's arms, pouring out all her feelings for him with her kisses.

Rays of sunshine broke through the curtains, rousing Jonghyun from his slumber. Consciousness came immediately, but he didn’t move in case he woke Jessica up. Instead he slowly opened his eyes and carefully maneuvered his body to face her. He quickly realized that he needn’t have bothered being so quiet. She was already up and making shower noises. He lay back on the pillow, arms behind his head, and savoured the sweet smell of victory. It was a night of hot kissing and they were just so passionate. But of course they didn't do anything further than that because Jessica had fallen asleep before anything like that could happen.

I always knew she’d do it again. She likes me more. We knew each other too well and we’re meant for each other. She couldn’t deny that surely when she’s drunk. She wants me and she had me. And she’ll still want me. Now that she’s sober she’s gonna realized the guy she wants to be with is not some dude that she has to ask for my permission to go with but me. I’m the one she realized she’d loved all the while.

 

Jessica came out of the bathroom fully dressed. Her hair was still wet. She didn’t look happy.

 

“ I can’t believe this.” She cried out at him.

 

“ What? You wanna get in bed and snuggle?” He asked.

 

“ NO! “ she screamed.

 

Jonghyun laughed and sat up in bed and tried to do that sexy, ruffled look that characters in big Hollywood films always have the day after. He caught a glimpse of himself in the full-length mirror on the wall. He looked about as sexy as an alcoholic tramp. “ Believe what?” He asked cheekily.

 

“ BELIEVE WHAT?” she snapped exasperatedly. “ It happened before and it happened again! This is wrong. I am supposed to be on my way to be TOP’s girlfriend any minute and you would be back with Sekyung soon after this whole engagement thing is over and making out with each other is not on the list!”

 

This was not the mood he’d expected. He was hoping for a little joy. Maybe even euphoria. What happened to the seductive, flirty and incredibly charming Jessica hours ago that was drinking wine with him? Help, someone please find her.

 

“ I take it you regret last night.”

 

Jessica flopped down heavily into the bed. “ Regret? Jonghyun, this is beyond regret! I sort of cheated on TOP and so have you on Sekyung! I can’t believe I did that. Again.”

 

Jonghyun felt stung. He inched closer to her. “ That’s the difference! I told you I’ve completely broken up with sekyung and neither do I have the intention of getting back with her. And another thing, you’re not even his girlfriend yet. As far as I am concerned you’re mine! “

 

Jessica stared at him, made a face and regained her stare blankly forward. “ yeah yeah.. you can say that now. The moment our engagement is over you’ll go running back to her.”

 

“ What if I don’t want the engagement to end?”

 

“ So you’re gonna marry me?” She mocked.

 

“ Do you wanna marry me?” he asked and suddenly, he rolled on one side, towering front towards Jessica’s body. Her heart skipped a beat.

 

She’d always wanted him. Always him. But while she was so sure that TOP was a safer choice although she clearly loved Jonghyun much more she couldn’t say the same for Jonghyun. Was he serious? Because as far as she could believe,he had made it clear that he just wanted her and nothing more, to win her over from TOP then maybe dump her and go back to Sekyung. It could be that or he really did genuinely like her too. But what are the chances and what could she bet on?

She was scared. She reckoned she was a coward. But it was true. When you’re so afraid of getting hurt you’d rather take the painful safe road.

 

“ I just want to remain this friendship we have. And I’m not sure how it is right now” She replied finally.

 

“ It’s still here,” Jonghyu said dejectedly and withdrew himself back.

 

He knew she didn’t trust him. He could see, she clearly was making use of TOP to replace him. But there was nothing he could do if she doesn’t trust him either.To her she thinks he’s just playing the game.

 

“ Just as long as we stay from the $255 red wine.” He searched around for his shirt. It felt ridiculous being the only one half naked in the room.

“Can you pass my shirt please?”

 

Jessica got up, picked his shirt from the floor and threw it at Jonghyun. “ You did this on purpose, didn’t you?:

 

“ What?”

 

“ You made me drink the wine and seduced me! Looking all cute and happy.”

 

“ I did no such thing!” He protested.

 

Jessica tried to keep an angry face, a straight face. But a tiny smile escaped. It was so hard to be serious at Jonghyun who was always so playful.

 

“ Don’t deny it. It couldn’t have been my fault! “ She retorted.

 

Jonghyun knew he had her again. “ But you kissed me first! “

 

“ Then why didn’t you pushed me away?”

 

“ Oh come on, which guy in the right mind would push such a hot girl like you away?” He teased.

 

“ SHUT UP! “ Jessica threw pillows at him again. She was starting to feel lame. There was really nothing else she could do to attack him but with the pillows. It’s not like she could jump into bed with him and tickle him or something.

 

So instead she grabbed the nearest bottle of water she saw, uncap it and threatened to pour it all over him.

 

Jonghyun stopped teasing her finally.

 

But it’s hard being mean to him. Because he looks downright adorable in his white tshirt and navy blue boxers, face all puffy and confused about the world. He rubbed his eyes carelessly like a little boy before looking up at her again all puppy-like.

 

“ I’m really starving. Could we please stop fighting and go down for breakfast please? I promise I’ll behave.” He grinned.

Jessica rolled her eyes and spun around, quick enough so that he couldn’t see that ridiculous smile on her face.

 

“ Okay fine hurry up! “