Final

Cafe Times

 

“Ugh! You’re too rough with the china, lughead!” Key yelled at Kangin when he chipped another dish.

 

Kangin looked up from the sink where he was washing the china.  He had just started a few days ago and from day one Key had gotten on his case.  Kangin was big and clumsy, while Key was small and fabulous.  Kangin had fun, making Key annoyed.  Usually he would just hit on him, which would fluster Key to no end and make him yell.

 

“Well, you’re the one that wanted me to do the dishes,” Kangin shot back.

 

“Only because you keep flirting with all the girls that come in the café,” Key said, folding his arms over his chest and popping his hip out to the side.

 

“Aww is Key jealous?” Kangin asked, quickly looping his arm around Key’s waist and pulling the smaller male against him.

 

“As if,” Key snapped, smacking Kangin across the face.

 

“Good, I like it rough,” Kangin rubbed his cheek with his free hand and smiled.

 

“I have to get back to work, ,” Key pushed himself away from Kangin and stomped out of the room.

 

Kangin smiled as he watched Key’s as the younger male left.  He went back to his task of doing the dishes.  When he was finished, he had felt bad about acting that way toward Key.  He had never done anything that bad to make the boy smack him.  He went to the fridge where they kept the ice cream and the toppings.  He pulled out the vanilla and chocolate ice cream, along with some nuts and a cheery.  He put a scoop of each in a small bowl, sprinkling the nuts on, and placed two cherries on top.  Kangin peeked out into the dining area and watched as Key was busy cleaning tables.  They had closed fifteen minutes ago, leaving both of them alone in the whole café.  Kangin put the bowl behind his back and made his way out to the main room.

 

Kangin placed the bowl down on a small round table, loud enough to get Key’s attention.  Key stopped what he was doing and turned around.  He stared at Kangin for a minute then looked down at the bowl.

 

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry,” Kangin said, trying to look cute, which he figured was working, when Key’s face softened a little.  “Sometimes I can go a little too far.”

 

Key walked over to the table and sat down.  Kangin handed him a spoon and sat down across from him watching him as he started to take a few bites. 

 

“I wasn’t sure what flavor was your favorite so I gave you both,” Kangin scratched the back of his head, feeling a little nervous when Key didn’t say anything.

 

“I didn’t know you could be sweet,” Key said, as he glanced up at Kangin.

 

“You haven’t given me a chance to be,” Kangin smiled, as he rested his chin on his hands.  “Stop breaking my balls and you’ll see a difference.”

 

“You’re on,” Key said as he finished the bowl, taking one of the cherries in his mouth as he gave the other to Kangin.

 

The next few days Key watched his tone with Kangin as Kangin watched his flirting with the customers.  He saved the flirting for Key, leaning in close when he needed something near the smaller boy, one time even brushing his hand against Key’s .  Key acted appalled at first, but Kangin saw that he was starting to warm up.  Key even threw Kangin for a loop when he leaned in close to Kangin’s ear just to let him know he had a table to wait on.

 

It seemed that more and more girls came to the café then.  Kangin knew it had to be because of how they were acting with each other.  Girls seemed to love it when guys were close to each other.  Kangin found himself making different sweets for Key after work when they both worked late.  Key seemed happy with it and even made Kangin a milkshake for his break without asking him.

 

Kangin felt himself starting to like the diva.  He wasn’t sure why, Key was still impatient and liked to boss people around, but it was the little things.  The looks or smiles he would get, he had never seen Key be that way with someone before, even the customers.  He wasn’t sure if Key liked him, or just feeling like they were becoming friends, but Kangin felt he wanted to something special for him.  He left work early that day, claiming he wasn’t feeling well, and hurried to his house to freshen up.  He pulled on a bright blue button up shirt with a black wife beater underneath and dark washed jeans and white sneakers.  He checked himself out in the mirror and smiled.  His hair fell down past his ears, the back flowing down his neck a few more inches and was slightly shaggy and spikey at the same time.  He sprayed on come cologne and grabbed his iPod and a speaker box for it and made his way out the door back toward the Café.  Key should be closing up right about now, so they will be alone.

 

Kangin slipped into through the back and snuck into the main room.  Key had his earphones in and was whipping away at a table.  Kangin set up his iPod and speakers and slowly walked over to Key.  Key’s hair looked great that day.  It was a medium brown shade and was swept in forward onto his forehead.  He had on tight white jeans and a pale pink top that complimented his skin tone very well.  Kangin smiled and tapped Key on his shoulder.  Key jumped and turned quickly pulling the headphones off of his head, letting them rest around his neck.

 

“Kangin?” Key seemed shocked, and then looked him up and down slowly.

 

Kangin pulled out a small remote for the iPod speakers and pressed play.  A slow song started to play as Kangin put a hand on Key’s waist and gently grabbed his other hand.  He started to lead Key around the floor, a slight blush actually forming on the diva’s cheeks, as he tossed the towel to the side of him and placed his free hand on Kangin’s shoulder.  They just stared into each other eyes as they moved around the floor.  Usually Key would want to lead, but he let Kangin lead him around.  As the song ended, Kangin slowly stopped and leaned forward, placing a light kiss on Key’s forehead.

 

“What is this Kangin?” Key asked, his voice soft and low.

 

“I wanted to do something nice for you,” Kangin smiled and looked down at the boy.

 

“I like it,” Key smiled up at him.

 

“And I like you,” Kangin whispered and placed his forehead against Key’s.  “I want you to be mine.”

 

“I was hoping you’d say that,” Key smiled, and slid his arms around Kangin’s neck.  “I’m surprised it took you this long to say so.”

 

“What can I say,” Kangin placed his mouth close to Key’s. “I can be a lug head sometimes.” 

 

Kangin didn’t give Key a chance to answer before kissing him softly.