The girl

It's a Wonderful Adventure

 

It is raining on that day. The sound of the rain that sounds like music to Hana’s ear. Sounds so gloomy yet peaceful. She wished she could see what the rain would look like. She wished she could see everything. The fact that she is blind since born is very hard to be accepted. She is only 15 years old. She is just a child.

            Hana just sit near the window not moving. Her mother died when she was 11 because of an accident. She still remember how it happened. Because of her, her mother died. If only she could turn back time. If only she could see what happened.

“Hana! Nana! Let’s go! We’re going to be late!” daddy shouted out for her daughters. They are have reservation at a fancy restaurant. It’s Hana’s birthday. So, they are celebrating it.

“Hana, hurry up! Why are you so slow?” Nana said but quckly answered by mama’s voice “Please help your sister, Nana,”

“Ugh.... Why do I have a blind sister?” Nana mumbled slowly but loud enough to be heared by Hana. Hana know that her younger sister does’nt like her but it is her birthday. She is not going to fel down just because of Nana.

            At the fancy restaurant, everything went smoothly. The birthday cake is in front of Hana. “Make a wish, Hana,” mama said with a motherly voice. Hana closes her eyes. She wish that she is not blind and she could see with her own eyes. She opened her eyes hoping maybe she could see. It’s all black. She sighed.

“Come on. Blow the candles,” Nana ushered her. Hana blowed the candles and smiled. Everyone clapped their hands.

“What do you wished for this year?” daddy and mama said together.

“No! I can’t tell you. If I tell you, it’s going to be bad luck,” Hana smiled.

Nana, who has been watching quietly suddenly said “Oh please, Hana! It’s always the same wish. You wished that you can see. That you’re not blind. Just accept it! You are going to be blind forever!”

“Nana! Watch your mouth,” mama scolded Nana.

“Why?! Why do you always care for her? I’m also your daughter. In fact, I’m much more better than her. More beautiful, more smarter. What does Hana have? She’s just an ugly,stupid, blind girl! I don’t even know why she existed,” Nana snapped.

            The things that Nana said made Hana very sad. A tear drop begin to run on Hana’s cheek. She stand up slowly run outside. She bumped into several people and finally tripped down on the road.It was raining heavily.  She could her her parent shouting for her.

“Hana, watch out!”

Hana was pushed to the side. She could hear a loud bang.

 “Mama?”

“Honey, I’m here,” Hana searched for her mother until she touches her hand.

“Hana, I want you to be brave. Don’t be sad just because you’re blind. The day will come when you will see the wonderful world,”

Hana hugged mama “Yes, mama,” they were wet because of the rain

Daddy and Nana run toward mama and hugged her.

“Goodbye,” mama said weakly.

Hana puts her head down and cried silently.

The sound of a car shocked Hana from her daydreaming. It’s  her father’s car. It stopped raining outside.

Hana sighed. “The day will come when you will see the wonderful world,”. When will that be?

“Hana! Nana! I’m home,”

“Hi daddy!” Nana come out from her bedroom “Guess what? I just got the results for my exam. I got staight A’s,”

“Congratulation. Why don’t we celebrate outside? Today is also Hana’s birthday. We can have some ice cream and chat,” daddy suggested.

“Sure!” Nana agreed immediatly and grabbed to daddy’s arm “Let’s go!”

“Go help your sister,” Nana started to frown upon her father’s command.

“Sure,” Nana said and pulled Hana’s arm harshly toward the car.

Hana said nothing to Nana. She’s already used to Nana’s behaviour.

            When they reached the ice cream bar, Nana pulled daddy’s arm quickly to get the best ice cream in town. They forgot about Hana.

“Daddy? Nana?” Hana called them.

She then crossed the road slowly not knowing where to go. Behind her she heard a loud honk.

The next thing that happened, Hana feel numb all over her body.

Lying down unconsious.

Rain started to pour out again.