Drink

Solution

 

 
To say it was packed would have been the understatement of the century. 
 
Weren’t these things normally packed? It was new, a new trend to go to, but within months it'd probably be as deserted as the ones next to it. 
 
Bodies were packed in close to you, pushing into slightly, and you inwardly cringed as someone's arm rubbed sequins on your bare arm. Waiting in line was never fun. And something you hadn't counted on. The stares you were getting were making you lose the confidence you had gained when the cab driver couldn't keep his eyes off you. You got a few men their lips, and a few disgusted looks from some of the women. But then again, they had less clothing than you did. So you didn't really understand that one. With nothing to fiddle with, you had to wait patiently for your turn to stand in front of the bouncer. Apparently, while listening in to the conversation behind you, he was partial to y women.
 
You hoped you could at least slide by.
 
You waited your turn, tapping your fingers against the chain on your dress, waiting and waiting. It was a muggy night and you were kind of glad you decided to wear this thing, but the sweat was starting to stick. You pulled some hair off your neck just as you stepped forward to become the third in line for the entrance.
 
"You." Startled, you looked up. Seeing a beefy finger pointing at you, you blinked owlish eyes at it. "Go in." The bouncer looked you up and down once more, his smaller eyes widening a bit, waiting for you to take his order. You nodded once, tucking a piece of hair behind you ear, deciding not to question it. Sliding around the slightly angry-looking couple you bowed, trying to show you had no part in this. The bouncer laid a rather large hand on your shoulder, the skin-on-skin contact making you almost cringe. He opened the door as you had noticed was custom for the privileged few who were allowed in. As his hand left you he closed the door, and the slam of music hit you in the chest, the lights flickering everywhere. 
 
Inside the club it was dense, in your opinion. There were not as many people as you would have thought from the outside. But then again, it was supposed to be exclusive, catering to important clientele...like T.O.P. 
 
Now that you had gotten this far with your plan, you didn't really know what to do. Everything from here was a guess. You kept thinking someone was going to come along and throw you out. You recognized some of the people there, a few from their videos, a few from movies and a few more from meeting them personally. 
 
Only none of them seemed to recognize you in this getup. 
 
They all passed you by, some of the guys even giving you appraising looks. 
 
It made you smile. 
 
Maybe this would work.
 
...If you could find T.O.P.
 
So far you had been milling around the V.I.P section, trying to see if you could see the new shock of red hair they had given him. You knew that hair like the palm of your hand. 
 
For you had been pulling it with your right one two days ago. 
 
It was hard to see, as the club was smoky and people kept walking in front of you, while you were trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. You didn't want him to know your plan before you got to set in motion. 
 
Instead you sighed to yourself, rubbing your neck from straining it over the heads of taller people. 
 
Maybe you should just go get a drink. You sure felt like you needed one. A stiff drink. 
 
You pushed your way through the people, almost rubbing one eye before your remembered your makeup. The bar was the busiest part of the place,
shoulders rubbing. It would be a while before you were going to be able to get anything...
 
"Hey, pretty lady...you want something?" 
 
A rough hand was placed on your forearm and you started, staring down at it before letting your eyes travel to its owner. The man's smile was slick, slightly slimy-looking, and the expression in his eyes was a bit off-putting. You opened your mouth, not quite sure you wanted to be around him. 
 
" T.O.P is so hot tonight! He should be red more often! I wonder what video this one is for..." A girl's voice off to your right distracting you, and your head whipped around, wanting to see just who was talking about your boyfriend. 
 
A girl about your height, black hair, way too much jewelry, a tad too much perfume, was turned to a friend, waving her hands excitedly around. 
 
"I know, right?! Maybe he'll let us go home with him tonight like he used too..." She sighed, as if remembering the pleasure you knew T.O.P could give. 
 
It was infuriating. 
 
You moved to go to her, to do something... you didn't know what yet, but she was probably going to get a fist to her face...
 
But the hand still on your arm stopped you.
 
You turned slowly back, a sweet smile placed on your face.
 
Who was he to know there was a hint of malice behind your teeth?
 
"Yes, actually, would you mind getting me a drink? I can't seem to get past the mass of people." You tilted your head, trying to convey that bit of cuteness that seemed to get other girls so far. At his answering smile, you inwardly cheered. It was working...
 
 
Soon you had a small drink in your hand, a cosmopolitan. It was supposed to taste good, and had been the only one on the list that you could somewhat recognize. The only thing good about it was it was tinged a green. Otherwise it tasted like . But you dutifully drank it, keeping an eye out for T.O.P. 
 
You knew he was here, so now you had to find him. You didn't come all this way for nothing...
 
The man twittered on about something meaningless, his hand waving around and almost spilling your carefully-sipped on drink a couple of times. You shrugged it off, trying to smile politely when it was your cue. 
 
Your heart was starting to fall a bit. It had been an hour already, and T.O.P wasn't known to stay in one club for long...
 
You lowered your eyes, watching the drink lift up to your lips and took a sip, wanting to throw it across the room. The next second you looked up, and the man was smiling sickly at you, and you made sure you looked away, off to the left and up...
 
A shock of red.
 
You sputtered on your drink, your heart stopping in your chest: He was standing there on balcony, watching everything. You didn't even know this place had a second floor!
 
It was too dark up there to see anything else but the lights burning from the ceiling, so it was easy to miss... He was highlighted in the middle, the sharp light shadowing his strong cheekbones. The sight made you want to melt into a puddle, raise your blood pressure...the usual.  
 
You smiled into your curved rim glass, you had him. Now you only had to get to him. That was the harder part. You had to get his attention.
 
The man you were with leaned into your vision. "Would you like to dance? I think you would look great..." The smile on his face was lecherous and you were sure all he wanted was to see if your would pop out. It was all too perfect how this was working out here.
 
Instead of giving in to the urge to just slap him, you nodded, a dumb smile on your face, "Sure...!" You slowly got off the stool, stumbling a bit in a ploy to get him to take your arm. You were disgusted, to be sure, but you needed him...
 
You let him take your hand, the calmness of it alarming you for a moment, but he pulled you in the middle of the floor. It was off on a platform, about seven feet off the real floor. It gave you a pause. What would it be like to fall from this?
 
Did anyone else think of that?
 
You froze after that for a moment, wondering just what you where supposed to do. It wasn't like you went to many clubs. In fact, the only dirty dancing you had done was in between the sheets with T.O.P. The beat was deep and thick, thrumming inside your chest to the beat of your heart. There was screaming through the speakers, something about “the party never being over”. You wanted to creep back to the sidelines and watch like you normally did. But now you were in the thick of it. 
 
Watching the girls next to you, you swayed your hips, trying to mimic their movements. It was a little disturbing to see them grinding, almost all the way to the floor, on guys they probably didn't know. But when the guy yanked you by the arm into almost his lap you couldn't help the shudder. Mistaking it for interest, he starting to bang himself against your , and you inwardly retched. Your poker face was true, and you sent him a pouting look over your shoulder and slowly moved your in a circle. 
 
Apparently that was the right thing to do, as he stretched his arms out beside your shoulders, swinging his head back and forth. He looked odd to you, and the first genuinely amused smile crossed your face. 
 
You felt a few pairs of eyes on you, and you looked up in a quick glance to see if the person you wanted was. 
 
...He was still there. Looking now down at the platform dance floor. 
 
You knew his eyes were on you, but you still started when you looked up and your eyes locked. His gaze was even and impassive. Giving nothing away, like he normally did, his fingers flicked carelessly on the glass he held. You could see him perfectly, the seat arched like stadiums. It seemed like this place was build for the Special V.I.Ps to stare and choose the dancers. 
 
You almost stopped for a moment, the beat of the song lost on you. You wanted to leap into his arms and snuggle, you wanted to slap the perfect smirk from his face. 
 
Yet your body kept on moving where your brain left off.