My Drummer

The Beat and The Singing

Tapping my pen against the edge of the desk softly, in beat with the ticking of the clock infront of the classroom.

"Come on... Come on...", I watched the handle of the clock 2:59pm.

3:00pm. The sound of the school bell went, I jumped up packing up your subjects books putting it back into my bag and head off down the corridor. 

 

Many people greeted me and saying good bye. I always loved music. I don't really have any talent in playing any instruments, but I have a really good voice everyone falls for.

 

As I walk down the corridor I heard beats. Drum beats. I close me eyes and listen to it carefully. It was a very unique beat. Unique to the point that I can feel it more than listening to it. Stepping my foot forward, I danced to the beat of the drums down the corridor. It was fairly fun until I stopped in front of the music room. 

 

"I wonder who's using the Music room at this time after school?", I thought. Hesitatedly turning the door knob and pushed into the room, I see someone facing the other way from the door playing the drums. He was one of the students from this Highschool judging from his school uniform. And he was wearing headphones. I close the door and walk to the person touching his shoulder. The drums stopped beating as the person froze and turned to me.

 

He wasn't the only one that frozed. I also too. Everything about him got into me. His gentle eyes, flushed pink cheeks, messy hair, cute nose and soft lips. Though he was wearing glasses and looked dorky, he was "perfect" to me.

 

1 and a half minutes straight I just stared at him. 

"Ummm... Is there something?", he said taking down his headphones to around his neck. Snapping out from the day dream I realised your hand was still on his shoulder. Blushing, I took my hand away and then awkwardness filled the room.

 

"Uhhh...ummm... I heard you playing the drums and I though... That was cool...", I said rubbing the back of your neck.

"Thanks, I always loved playing drums. It has always been my specialty and my hobby. And I'm the drummer in school."

"W...Wow. That's...cool..."

"Mind my manners. Hai~! I'm Kang Min Hyuk. Nice to meet you. Call me MinHyuk", he smiled and his glasses tilted to the side but he fixed it. So cute! 

"H..Hey. I'm Sim Jang Yun", I tried to smile but it turned out to be really awkward. I'm pretty sure he chuckled knowing I was trying to smile. 

 

"Yun. That's a really nice name. Your a year lower year level than my grade. I heard that your the head of the Music Department. Do you play the drums too?", he asked smiling. I just couldn't think straight when he complimented on my name and smiled at me. Heat flushed up my cheeks telling me I was blushing a lot.

 

Gathering my confident I started to talk again, "No, but I guess I can play the drums. But I'm better at singing."

 

Unbelievably his eyes widen. Wondering why he did that I tilted my head to the side.

Seeing that expression on my face he fixed his glasses again. "No way. Your that Sim Jang Yun that won 4 singing awards for our school. You've entered so many contest and always come back with awards", he said smiling so happily.

 

"Yeah... I guess?", this room was getting more awkward. Minhyuk was actually childish. I see him around school many of times. From a far he looked really cool and popular amoung girls. Smart and even great in music. Never knew his personality would be... Cute!

 

"I wanna hear you sing! Can you see for me while I play the drums too?", he said holding onto his drum sticks preparing to start beating again. Everything was happening to quickly. Is this my first love at first sight? Well I have been admiring MinHyuk from a far. Just never thought I would be sharing a conversation with him and got ask to sing too.

 

Becoming unsure he kind of dropped his confidence. 

"You seem very unsure... Am I bugging you too much..? Not confident..? Or don't you need me to play the drums since singers can just sing so perfectly..", Minhyuk sighed but I knew he still wants me to sing to him as he plays the drums. 

 

I smiled and took a deep breath,"Every song needs a beat. Every beat is important in music. Especially the drum beats. It leads the whole music till the very end. So for you as a drummer, it's your responsiblity to lead me."  

 

With that, I started singing. So shocked from what I said, Minhyuk started playing the drums making the beat go with my singing. He smiled once again enjoying the music. I couldn't help but to smile with him. We were both having fun. What is this feeling? The feeling of sharing a really special moment with that special person.

 

Singing my last note, he ended the song perfectly. 

"That was so awesome!", I said hugging him when he got up.

"Wow yeah. That's for that little drummer's responsible speech of yours. As expected from the head of the Music department like you", he hugged back.

 

The room went silent. Slightly part away from each other still hugging, we both looked into each others eyes. Minhyuk was different to any guy I talked too... He was very unique. He softly whispered my name and I did the same. Both leaning in together, our lips meet. The soft feeling was undescribable. Minhyuk's kisses was soft yet passionate. My first kiss was taken but this very cute dorky amazing guy. Never going to regret this. Our kiss synced together like the beat and the singing. 

 

Realising the warmth between us we parted away. 

"S...Sorry about that...", I turned away blushing. 

"N..no..it's nothing.. No worries.." he stuttered nervously. Is he stuttering? Is he embarrassed? Wait, why would he be?

"Well... I have to get going back home now", I turned back to him. Looking up at me, he just sligtly smiled and waved goodbye. 

"Yeah, see you around then...", he said and put on his headphones back on.

"Yep, cya", I walked out.

 

Minhyuk tapped his drums sticks together then got up grabbing his bag and goes out the music room standing outside there. "Yun!", he called out from the music room.

Turning back around I looked at him, "Yeah?!"

"We'll be able to do things like this again right? Me playing the drums and you singing?"

"Definately!"

 

We both smiled at each other then I head off back home thinking about what's going to happen the next day? Will I get to see Minhyuk again? Will we get to hang out at the music room again? Will he...kiss me again? I want to get together with Minhyuk. I love him. But does he love me too?

 

Questioning is what I do. I always get the answers the next day. But guess what? All my questions answered Yes. Kang Min Hyuk belongs to me. And I, belong to this dorky drummer who loves me and will never let me go.