Paranoia 2/6

Weird Doesn't Cover It

    "Hi, Hyung!" Lay greeted enthusiastically, grinning widely.

    The other boy, Luhan, raised an eyebrow, taking in the suitcase Lay held. "Hi, Lay. What's up?"

    "Erm... So. There's been a situation. And I kind of need to lay low for a while."

    Luhan frowned, but turned to a boy sitting in the common room of his dorm room. "Minseok? Do you mind if a friend of mine crashes here for a couple days?" After a noncommittal shrug from the other, Luhan turned back to Lay. "Yeah, sure. But you're on the couch. We're gonna have to talk about how long you can stay. And don't even go near my bed."

    Lay glomped Luhan before rushing past him into the room. "Thank you, hyungs!"

_____

    "Hi, Hyung!" Kai greeted enthusiastically, grinning widely.

    "No," was the simple, stern response from the tall, imposing Kris who clearly wanted nothing to do with the suitcase-toting boy on his doorstep.

    "But"

    "No."

    "I"

    "No!"

    Kai pouted as the door swung shut in his face.

_____

    "Hi, Hyung!" Kai greeted enthusiastically, grinning widely.

    "Hey, buddy!" was the cheerful, deep-voiced response.

    "I come bearing video games and munchies and the company of yours truly!"

    "Come on in," Chanyeol replied, moving out of the doorway. "I was just about to put a movie in. We should play something."

    "Definitely! And you should letmestaywithyouforafewdays'causeI'mbeinghunteddownandIneedtohideandyou'dmissmyfaceifIdied! Halo 3 or Borderlands?"

    Chanyeol stared back at the other, his mind still trying to comprehend the gibberish that had spewed from his friend's mouth. "Uh. Yeah, okay. Um. Let's play Borderlands!"

    "Borderlands it is! Hey, do you mind if I crash in your bed with you tonight? 'Cause I'm seriously low on sleep and I hate sleeping on the couch. I promise I'll scrunch down and there'll be more than enough space for your neverending legs, okay Hyung?"

    "Uh. Yeah, okay. I call first player!"

    "Fair enough." As the boys settled in to play, Kai couldn't help but air his grievances. "I swear, Kris is such a . I went by his place before thisNo offense, Hyung, he's just kinda scary, ya know? If I needed a bodyguard, he'd be my first pick. But anyway, he turned me away! He didn't even care that I could be on some crazy, deadly assassin's hit list right now!"

    The door opened and a boy with a crop of dark hair and an angular jaw came in, seating himself on the couch. He spread out an array of textbooks and other school-related materials, wordlessly setting to work on homework.

    "Sometimes I just wanna take him down a notch, ya know? Like pantsing him in public, only something way more cunning and humiliating. He justagh! Where's my ing backup, Yeol?!pisses me off! I should talk one of those girls in my class into seducing him or something. Then she could dump him mercilessly in the middle of the quad. I'd laugh my off. Like that Seohyun girl. She looks like a heartbreaker. Or Jihyun. She's cute, right? I wonder if she'd do it. Oh! Or Sooyoung! Don't you know her?"

    "Mm. I have a class with her."

    "I wonder if she'd do it. She seems like someone Kris would go for, don't you think?"

    "I dunnowatch out for the skags!"

    "Ah Well hey, you could talk to her, right? Ask her if she'd be up for some epic John Tucker Must Die action."

    "You watch some weird . And no, you should talk to her. I don't want involved in this. Kris takes revenge very seriously."

    "Please? I've seen you flirt with girls, man! You've got a magic tongue" The boy on the couch looked up at that. "Okay, wait, that sounded weird. You just... you can do it! Ask her!"

    "No."

    "Man, you sound just like Kris! Yah! That wasn't funny! Stop! If you kill me, I'll kite a bunch of those ing spitter skags and take you down! YAH! er! You're lucky I know how comfy I'm gonna be sleeping in your bed with you tonight, or I'd strangle you right now."

    "I'm just... gonna go finish my homework in my room," came the quiet mumble from Chanyeol's roommate as he snatched up his books and disappeared into his room.

    "Hey!" Kai screamed after him. "That wasn't supposed to sound like that! Hey! Get your back out here! I know you don't know me, but it's not like that! We aren't sleeping together! Well, I mean, we are! But we're not having se"

    "Shut the up!" came the scream through the wall from the next dorm over.

    Kai just shrugged and went back to the game.

    "So you're gonna be dead soon, huh?" Chanyeol muttered, eyes glued to the screen.

    "I guess."

    "When you die, can I have your games?"

    "I will STRANGLE YOU!" With a banshee scream, Kai leapt on Chanyeol.
  


A/N

I've rated this story for language. These boys drop a lot of F-bombs (or I do. but whateverrr)

I've gotten more subs already than I imagined I would! I love you all! <3 *hugs*

The first chapter of the TaoRis side story occurs between this and the next chapter, and that can be found here. The side stories are written to go with this one, so you should check it out. :) (but you don't have to. it would make me very happy though)

A timeline for this AU can be found here.