Think About It

~Absolutely Irreplaceable~

Call it a hunch, but Jongup needed to get home. He almost had a sixth sense when it came to Himchan and right now it was going out of control. Something was wrong and he needed to find out what.

He pulled the complaining figure behind him all the way home, but became incredibly apprehensive before opening the door. Out of the thousands of scenarios running through his head, one scared him more than anything else. What if Himchan had seen him and Daehyun out? He knew Himchan’s mood swings what if he finally flew off the handle?

Taking a deep breath, he pushed the door open only to hear silence. Not a single person was at the dorm or at least it didn’t sound like it. The silence scared him the most though. Despite Daehyun’s protests, Jongup ventured through the ghostly dorm calling out for Himchan, but was getting no reply. His mind raced. Where had he gone? Was Jongup just overreacting? Would Himchan try something crazy, like jumping? Was he on the roof? No way, he assured himself, Himchan was terrified of heights.

Daehyun grabbed Jongup’s hand and began pulling him back out the doorway, repeating that Himchan was fine and hadn’t seen a thing. He told Jongup that Himchan was probably hanging out with another member. Hesitantly, Jongup agreed and followed Daehyun back out the door to continue their “mall date.”

/Himchan POV/

He was finally going to do it. He was on the edge, ready to fall off, but a voice shook him back into reality.

          “Himchannie! Get away from there!”

He sighed hearing the deep voice ring out. It wasn’t his ray of light, his lifeline, his everything calling out to him. Why should he listen? He leaned his body back towards the edge but a strong grip pulled him back into their chest. His heart was beating so fast, Himchan could feel it thudding against his back. How did he even know where Himchan was?

          “I saw you run into the elevator. Why were you crying so hard? You probably didn’t notice me watching you, even though you looked right at me with an expression that screamed “help me,” ”

Had Himchan seen him in the lobby? Honestly, he couldn’t remember. The other male’s warmth felt nice though and with those arms wrapped around his shoulders he almost felt wanted, loved, but then the thoughts started back.

          No one wants you, that’s why he left you.

His hands gripped the arms around him, trying to fight them off. It was another lie, another fake smile he would have to suffer with, another person to claim love and then replace him like the rest.

          “Himchannie, talk to me, please,”

His voice sounded sad, close to tears even. Sighing in defeat, Himchan turned his body around in the figure’s arms.

          “I guess we can talk,” Himchan replied lowly, almost whispering.

A huge gummy smile spread across the other’s face. His delicate fingers gripped Himchan’s hand and pulled him away from the edge. Himchan’s mind was lost in confusion. Why had he followed him to the roof? Why did he care so much?

          “Channie, what happened?”

That one question broke the floodgates. His eyes avoided the others, tears pooling and falling freely. Himchan didn’t even understand how he still had tears to cry.

          “You can tell me. We’re best friends, remember?”

He was right. They had been best friends, so he wasn’t too surprised when his mouth opened on its own accord and the story spilled out; the tears now flowing down his neck onto his shirt. He met eyes with the other and flinched back as he saw the rage boiling in them. He wasn’t even looking at Himchan; he was just staring off into the distance.

          “Guk,”

Himchan’s voice cracked. Was he upset with him? It wouldn’t surprise him if he was.

/Yongguk POV/

Murder. Yongguk actually found himself contemplating murder. He knew that Daehyun was capable of something like this, but Jongup? Himchan and Jongup were practically inseparable and Jongup KNEW how emotional Himchan got, why would he even try something like that?

          “Guk,”

The raspy sound of Himchan’s worn voice brought him back to the roof. His body moved by itself, pulling Himchan into a tight embrace. His shoulders were still shaking from his sobbing. Yongguk never felt so helpless in his entire life.