It all begins here^^

Journey of Life

"Mom, I can't reject the offer. I've been waiting for this, you know that. Please support me with this. " You pleaded to your mom as she raised her disapproval on your plan to be a trainee of Starship Ent.

" That was crazy, Hailey. You don't even know how to speak their language how can you be an idol in their country?? And besides, you are taking up Accountancy, does it has any relation with it?? " Your mom said.

 

"Mom. The reason why I have to attend school in Korea is for me to learn their language as well as their culture. Yes, it will be a big adjustment but I want this. I know that you think you've wasted all your money on my tuition fees because I will not finish my college but mom, this is the career that I always wanted. I don't want to be an accountant or whatever it is.. This is where my heart wants to go." You said defending yourself.

 

"That was crazy talk, Hailey. Have you read the letter that entertainment sent you?? Didn't you understand that you have to attend 2 yrs in school before you'll finally become their trainee.? What if you failed the standards that they want you to meet?? It means wasting your 2 years there instead of having a stable job here in the Philippines." Your mom talked back.

 

"I can and I will be their trainee and I will debut as an idol in korea, mom. I know you will not allow me to go but I've made my decision, with or without your approval, I will go to Korea to be a trainee." You said. " If you'll excuse me. I need to sleep now. I'll go to my room now." You went straight to your bed and reread the letter for the 100th times..

 

"I know one day you'll understand why I do this thing." you closed your eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

 

==================

BUZZ.

You woke up with the sound of the Buzzer from Yahoo messenger. You forgot to turn off your computer last night because your debate with your mom really drained all your energy both physically and mentally.

BUZZ.

Jeezz, who's in the world was that. It's only 7 in the morning. You reached for your pillow and put it in your face. Your lazy to get up and answer the mere person who keeps on sending you message.

 

After 20 years, you decided to take a peak on who keeps on sending you messages.

 

//KWANGMIN//

"Hey, so what's your plan? Gonna accept the offer of starship?"

 

//You//

Yes. I will.

 

//KWANGMIN//

Your mom allowed you?"

 

//YOU//

Nope. But I'll be there, Dont you worry.

 

//KWANGMIN// 

I'll wait for you. keke. And Hailey, I have a surprise for you too^^

 

//YOU//

I'll be anticipating for that surprise Kwangmin~goon. haha. Okay then, See you in 2 months time. For the mean time, I'll process my papers first and I'll get you updated.. See you soon.

 

//KWANGMIN//

Okay, annyeong Hailey!! I can't wait to see you^^

 

You did not reply Kwangmin instead you checked for a new email that caught your attention. It was from Starship and the Subject of the message was ATTENTION FILIPINO TRAINEES.

"Trainees?? Wooaah, that means I am not the only one.." a smile was painted on your face knowing that you're not the only filipino trainee under starship."This will be a lot of fun. I wonder what's her name." You viewed the message and the smile vanished on your face. "JEONGMIN, so he is a guy.. Aiisshh, I thought I'll be having a sister with me. " You finished reading the whole message and it says that Starship Ent. will be expecting your arrival in South Korea 2 months from now. 

"There is NO BACKING OUT now. I want this and I will pursue this. Two years in school won't be that bad. I will be their trainee. I can feel it." You said to yourself feeling determined that no negative will come your way.

 

---------

"Hailey, umm, a beautiful name. I wonder how she looks like." Jeongmin said as he read the email Starship sent him. It was two days ago when Starship sent the e-mail and it was the internet service's fault that he didn't read the email on time.

"I think, it's better for us to personally meet while we are still here in the Philippines than to know each other when we are already there." Jeongmin said as he composed a new e-mail for you.

Hi Hailey! It's me Jeongmin. Nice to know I have a co-trainee from the same country :) By the way, I would like to meet you personally so we can both know more about each other since we will undergo training with Starship. So, what do you say? Here is my number. You can text me anytime for your answer. Don't worry, I'm not gonna eat you, so don't be afraid. ^^ Okay, bye.

 

"Hope she's not a snob or something." Jeongmin said before he finally signed out his account and sent Donna, his forever bestfriend, a message to meet him up on the ice cream store.

 

---------------

You read the e-mail Jeongmin sent, you reached for your phone and save his number. You actually wanted to text him but you're still having a second thought of meeting him. "It's not that I don't trust him, It's just that I find it awkward to meet a guy I never knew.." You looked at your phone and deleted the message you started typing awhile ago. "But I can say HI though. I dont want him to think that I'm a snob or something."  You told yourself and then you sent him a message greeting him and at the same time, you told him that you can't meet him as of the moment because you are busy with your papers. "I hope it sounds nice." You throw your phone in your bed and you get back in your computer again. Its your chat-time with your dear online friend, Kwangmin.

---------------

Time flies so fast and now you see yourself at the airport waiting for your flight. You received a message from Jeongmin saying that he is already in front of the gate of the departure area. Together with your mom and dad, you went to the departure area to meet your co-trainee. You received a text message saying he is wearing a plain white t-shirt with a scarf and a tight black jeans. You searched for the face and presto.. A guy that stands maybe just a few centimeters taller than you waved his hands as he noticed you. " He looks cute though.." you smiled and approached him.

"Hailey?? Wooaahh, you're really pretty." Jeongmin said and smiled at you.

"Thanks. Jeongmin, right?? Nice to finally meet you." You said with the smile still painted in your face. "Umm, Jeongmin, my mom and dad. Mom, he is Jeongmin. He is one of my co-trainee." You introduced them with each other. Your mom just smiled as Jeongmin courteously greet them.

" By the way, Heiley, this is my bestfriend, Donna. " Jeongmin said as he introduced the girl beside him.

"Hello Donna. Nice to meet you." You said.

"Nice to meet you too. Hailey, I got one advice to you. Stay away from Jeongmin if you don't want your life to be ruined. He is such an annoying person. " Donna said and then chuckled. " I was just kidding. He is actually the guy every girls dream of having. So, take care of him. " Donna added.

"I'm not making a promise of taking care of him, though." You answered and smiled.

"Haha. I know. So, I  think you should be going now. Good luck to the both of you. I'll be waiting for your debut as an idol, okay?? Fighting!!" Donna said and she hugged you and Jeongmin too.

 

You went near your parents and bid them your last goodbye. It will be 2 years before you will see each other again. You'll probably miss them. This is your first time to be away from them. But this is your dream, you need to sacrifice something to gain something. As the two of you entered the departure area, you turned to look again to your parents and screamed  " I'll be back after two years. And I will make you proud of me. " your mom and dad just smiled and nodded

You walked straight ahead feeling determined. You can see it now in your vision, South Korea, the land where your dreams will come true^^