More Than Just A Scene

It's Only Acting

 

“You’re late!” A voice said from the far end of the table in the training room.

“We’re not late. There’s still 10 minutes left ‘till 8.30.” Taemin quickly said in his defense.

“You’re late. You should always come at least 20 minutes before the scheduled time. Don’t your parents teach you anything?” The voice responded.

 Taemin’s heart stung a little when she mentioned his parents. Krystal noticed that he was hurting and instinctively tightly gripped his hand, causing Taemin to blush a little. Once Krystal noticed what she was doing her cheeks went a cherry red. She quickly let go of his hand and faced the floor trying to avoid eye contact with him. The girl at the end of the table raised an eyebrow at their sudden behavior.

“Well, not like it matters anymore, just keep that in mind for next time. Let’s start anew. My name is Choi Sooyoung, from So Nyuh Shi Dae. I graduated from this school a few years ago and now it’s one of my jobs to help aspiring actors like yourselves to, well, act.” Sooyoung explained to them.

“Annyeonghaseyo Sooyoung ssi, my name is Jung Soojung but just call me Krystal.” Krystal nervously said.

“Annyeong Krystal. Just call me unnie. Hm. Jung? Are you by chance Sica unnie’s little sister?” Sooyoung asked.

“Ah, neh. Jessica unnie is my older sister.” Krystal replied.

“I see, I see. Nice to meet you. And how about you? What’s your name?” Sooyoung asked Taemin.

“It’s Lee Taemin.” Taemin said coldly.

“Right. Ok then. Take a seat you guys. You all have your scripts right.” She gestured towards to seats  near her at the far end of the table.

“Neh.” They both replied as they sat down next to each other, opposite to Sooyoung.

“Let me run through the plot for you. Kim Hwa Young (Krystal) is the famous, rich girl on and off of campus who has it all. Lee Kwang Ho (Taemin) on the other hand is a good boy gone bad. He is dating Hwa Young’s best friend, Choi Jinri. When she finds out that her best friend is cheating on Kwang Ho with his older brother, Minho, she tries to tell him but he doesn’t believe her. Kwang Ho then see’s the affair with his own eyes and goes into a suicidal state. Hwa Young recuse him from that state leaving Kwang Ho to fall for her.” Sooyoung told them, trying to catch her breathe.

“So complicated.” Taemin uttered. Krystal who heard him chuckled at his ‘I don’t get this’ expression.

“To get started, I think we will first go with the easiest scene, the confession.” Sooyoung looked up at them to see their priceless ‘what!?’ expression. “It’ll be the easiest scene to do, don’t worry. There’s no dramatics in this scene.”

Taemin and Krystal both flip to the page number Sooyoung had told them to go to. First, they read it to themselves and now they read it aloud.

Kwangho: Hey… um… Hwayoung. Do you… have a moment? There’s something I need to tell you.

Hwayoung: Hm. What is it? Maybe you’ve fallen for my beauty, hahaha, just kidding *merong*. (Turns around)

Kwangho: (Walks up to her and back hugs her) I’m not kidding though.

Hwayoung: Eh.

Kwangho: I… I’ve fallen for you.

Hwayoung: EH!

Kwangho: I just said that I’ve fallen for you. I’m madly in love with you Hwayoung. I’ve loved you ever since we were just kids playing together in the playground.

Hwayoung: Lies. You went out with Jinri, my best friend.

Kwangho: It’s not a lie, Hwayoung. I only went out with her to try and forget about you. It actually worked. You had left my heart. Or at least that’s what I thought. When she cheated on me, when I had lost all hope, you came back into my life. That’s mean. Just when I had forgot you.

Hwayoung: Sorry.

Kwangho: Don’t be. I’m glad you did. It reminded me of why I first fell in love with you. It made me love you again.

Hwayoung: Why didn’t you tell me this sooner? If you did we could’ve (Kwangho interrupts)

Kwangho: How could I possible tell you sooner? The guy who intruded into our lives and tore me and you apart when we were kids, your precious boyfriend, Kim Jong In, was there.

Taemin suddenly froze. He realized how similar this was to what had happened to him and Soojung and tears ran down his cheeks.

“I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” Taemin said trying to hide it.

“Can I?” Krystal asked. Sooyoung nodded and Krystal followed Taemin outside but she had lost sight of him. She continued to search for him only to find him at the tree she previously found him sleeping under.

“Taemin. Are you ok?” She asked.

“It’s nothing. Nothing at all.” Taemin replied.

“If something’s on you mind then please speak it. I’m willing to listen. If there’s anything I can do to help I’ll do it.” She put her hands on his shoulders to look at him in the face.

“Really?”

“Yes, really.”

Taemin suddenly moved his head so that their lips collided.

Krystal didn’t move. She was in too much shock to possibly be able to move. Taemin didn’t move either. He just stayed there. They were in that position, lips locked, for about a minute before Taemin pulled away to catch a breath.

“I love you, Krystal.” Taemin said.

Krystal didn’t say anything.

“Let’s go back to Sooyoung unnie. She must be worried about us.” She pretended as if nothing had happened.

“Yeah. Let’s.” Taemin agreed and walked back with her, head down, both avoiding eye contact.

“Unnie, we’re back.” Krystal said.

“That’s good. I was getting worried. Taemin suddenly left in the middle of the reading. I hope nothing was wrong.” Sooyoung was really concerned about him now.

“It’s nothing, noona. I was just feeling a bit unwell. Sorry for just leaving without saying a word beforehand.” He apologized.

“Don’t worry. If you’re not feeling well you can just get up and leave. Maybe we should end today’s session here.” Sooyoung said, ending the session. “Go home for the rest of the day and rest up. We’ll continue tomorrow.”

“Thank you noona/unnie.” They both said as they bowed and left.

The two didn’t say anything on the way home. When Krystal reached her house Taemin said goodbye with a forced smile and waved. Krystal just said goodbye without facing him.

Krystal’s P.O.V

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!! Did he just kiss me and say he loved me? Stupid, stupid, stupid. Stupid Taemin. Why did you have to do that then? Couldn’t you have possibly found a better time to confess? But wait, he said he loves me, and I love him, so isn’t that mutual love!? Ahh~ What’s happening to me. How am I going to face him tomorrow? Maybe I should just have a shower to help me calm down. Yep. That sounds like a good idea Krystal. Ok, shower time.

--

After my shower and get changed into my PJ’s I flop onto my bed. Maybe I should tell Sulli? She can help me out since she’s dating Minho oppa, right? I reach for my phone on my bedside table and send her a message. [Blue for Krystal and pink for Sulli]

 

Sulli~ Help me. I don’t know what to do.

What’s wrong Krystal?

Taemin. He kissed me and told me he loved me just now.

Ehh. Really. Congrats!

Not ‘Congrats’ I don’t know what to do.

Well didn’t you say that you love him too?

Well… no.

Eh! Seriously?

Yeah.

Woah.

Can’t you say anything helpful here? I’m really stressed out about what to do.

If you like him then just say you do and be his girlfriend, if you don’t then just reject him. Simple.

== You always have to make it sound so easy.

That’s my job ;) We need to talk in person tomorrow ok~?

Ok~ Bye bye.

Bye bye.

 

Sigh. She wasn’t of much help. I’ll just think about this all tomorrow. I feel like sleeping early.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Here’s another update. Hope you liked it ;) Please don’t forget to comment! And thank you to my new subscribers! I have now realized how much easier and successful my fanfic account is compared to my YouTube one. Anyway, I hope you all had a happy easter today and stuffed your faces full of chocolate. I know I did.