Crashed And Fell...For You? Nah!

Luhan's Project: Go Nam Yoon

“Bye, loser!”

“See you again tomorrow, geek!”

I blocked out the hurtful comments, brushing the bangs away from my face as I walked out of the school gates alone, rounding the left corner immediately to escape my classmates. Like I said, it was normal, but the hurt didn’t lessen each day. It just grew.
Was it my fault that I found staying at home better than partying outside? Was it my fault that I found writing more interesting than drinking alcohol? Seriously, was having an introverted personality a crime?

It seemed to be in this world. 

“I’m never going to convince them anyway. Why bother?” I mumbled to myself, dipping my head down to avoid eye contact. I didn’t like speaking to anyone, not even to myself. I didn’t like how I never had the courage to state my opinion.

I saw my apartment building in the distance, which was a good thing, since I was already feeling tired from walking. I didn’t like going out, and the only reasons I went out were because of school and to eat.

I sighed and waited for the stop light to turn red so I could cross the street. Little to no cars passed by where I lived since it was not a popular place. The stop light turned red as I grabbed the straps of my backpack tightly, taking a deep breath before walking onto the respective platform. I kept my eyes forward, not noticing that a car was already rushing towards me.

I turned my head at the last minute, eyes widening as I saw the headlights of the car. I didn’t move, I just stood there frozen in fear, until I was knocked down, my vision turning black.


Luhan

“I could’ve saved a prettier person,” I said dejectedly, my hands on my hips as I stared at the girl lying on the hospital bed.

Yes, I Luhan, had just saved a girl from getting hit by a car. Not one of my finest moments though, since I was about to go to the music store to buy an album called XOXO. Now, I had to stay here with her until someone came to fetch her, or until she woke up. Argh. And to think I could be listening to my favorite group’s album instead right now.

I sighed, collapsing onto the brown armchair beside the bed. I didn’t know why hospital chairs never felt comfortable. I mean, this was a place where people heal right? Not a place to make people feel uncomfortable.

After a long time of being bored (and twiddling my thumbs while staring at the ceiling, waiting for the girl to wake up or someone to come – add some descriptions of what Luhan does when he’s bored), I got out my phone to call one of my dongsaengs. They didn’t know that I was in the hospital right now, so it would be at least fair if someone worried about me. LOL someone has an ego ;D

I raised the phone to my ear, listening to it ring three times before the familiar deep voice of Chanyeol reached my ears.

“Hyung? Why are you calling? Are you alright?” I chuckled at my dongsaeng’s concerned voice. Was I really that important on his list of priorities? 

“I’m alright, Yeol. I saved a girl from dying, but the downside is I didn’t get to buy my favorite group’s album!” I whined to him, sniffling a bit as I shot a look at the unconscious girl. I heard someone splutter in the background. 

“Are you serious hyung?! You saved a - you know what; just tell me the address of the hospital - wait. You are in a hospital right?”

Chanyeol asked me slowly as I barked out in laughter, shaking my head.

“Well - ” 

“Luhan hyung - ” 

“Yes! Gosh, this dongsaeng needs to chill! I’m at Seoul Hospital. We’re in room 365. Okay, see you soon dongsaeng! Oh wait! Can you stop over and buy the XOXO album and donuts? Pleaseeee? Okay, thank you!” I hung up, smiling at my phone before putting it back in pocket.

I would be getting my favored album! And donuts! How awesome was that? 

I giddily chuckled, leaning on the armchair. My eyes flitted to the girl to the bed again. Sighing, I slammed my feet on the floor loudly, getting up and standing by her. She had a patch on her head since it bled, and a few cut marks in her cheeks and lips. But if those were cured, I bet she would look decent.

“You’re not much of a looker, eh?” I observed, leaning down closer to examine her eyelashes. They were long and elegant as far as I could tell. I leaned in closer, and I realized her cheeks were tinted red. It suited her pale skin, but I think that was a bad sign in the current situation.

Her brown wavy hair lay beside her head, her hair a complete bird's nest that instead of a bird, a pelican can rent it, covering her shoulders and chest. She was hooked up to monitors with two needles in her arms. I leaned in closer and -

She opened her eyes.