Begin Again

Begin Again

Begin Again




 

‘Kris’

 

 

 

 

I had always believed that love was a feeling of being contented, of being able to see past any boundaries with that sensation. But it never ended like that for the two of us. If I was right about the way I had described love, then he didn’t love me after all.

 

Call it harsh or what, but I have forgotten the person I am talking about in the sentence above. If not forgotten, might be moved on with him. Tao was never the person that could cherish me the way I cherished him for we shared too many little differences that piled up to become a one hole in our relationship, thus not working at all in the end....

 

Though I said I had moved on, I still remember the memories that were too precious to even bury at the back of mind. The way he calls me in my name ‘Kris’, the way he smiles shyly, and the way he snuggles in my hold every night without saying anything... We shared words minimally but conveyed feelings with touches...

 

Ah, what am I talking about, I told myself I have moved on and here I am, talking things about him.

 

For months that had passed, I decided to call it quits as I decided to meet some old friends, to have some fun and chat with good ole people I knew. Since I spent my whole year with him, now it is time to stand up without him.

 

Turn the lock and put my headphones on, he always said he didn’t get this song, but I do, I do. I never did stop listening to love songs he didn’t get and the way it made me feel that he couldn’t understand and was very vocal about it, was too ironic.

 

I enter the cafe my friends told me to and because it was Wednesday, there were only few people. I look around and found no one I was familiar of and frowned. They told me I was the only one they were waiting for and yet they’re not here. Did I enter the wrong cafe?

And then I decided to shrug this off as I sit on the nearest booth instead. With a sigh, I sent a text message to one of my friends and got a call in a minute.

 

“Hello, Chanyeol?” I asked as I took the phone near my ear.

 

“Hi Kris! Sorry I did this but it came to our idea that the only way for you to move on is to know another person!” the cheerful voice says through the line and I didn’t get him at all.

 

That was when a man stood before my table and I look up as I urged Chanyeol to clarify what he was saying.

 

“Hi!” the man, who was elusively smiling brightly, greets and I almost forgot I was talking to someone.

 

I tried to wave a small greeting and there I heard Chanyeol say, “Be good to Lay! Bye!”

 

The call ended and I was still staring at the grinning boy.

 

“You must be Kris, Chanyeol and Kai showed me a photo of you. They told me to meet you here,” the boy said as he continued to bring out friendly aura which I acknowledged its presence instantly. “Oh, and by the way, I’m Lay,” he says out again and sat across my seat.

 

“Did you just say Chanyeol and Kai?” I asked, dumbfounded. I heard him stifle a chuckle and said, “If you’re thinking they set me up with you, maybe yes, but at the same, I asked them in my own accord.”

 

“Huh?” this time, I’m lost.

 

He smiles softly then and answered, “You see, we all have the same circle of friends, and you, mister, is the only one whom I haven’t had a good talk to.”

 

“Does that mean I’m supposed to know you?” my voice sounded very curious and once again, he smiled that bubbly smile and replied, “I guess it’s up to you whether you want to know me or not.”

 

“Strange,” I frown and out of the blue, got a confidence to say, “It’s hard not to notice an attractive person like you in the group. How come I never got to talk to you?”

 

He meekly replied, “That is because you were always with Zitao when we all meet, in a party or so.”

 

I was starting to enjoy the acquaintance but he suddenly brought that name up. I looked away and watched the birds outside the cafe fly instead. My expression didn’t fail to go unnoticed to him and the sound of hands clasping was heard. I look again at his direction and he was just smiling, “I heard you are good in photography! Can you show me some of your works?”

 

The word itself brought me back to the mood and thankful I brought my camera with me, I pull it out from my body bag and handed it over, showing photos from my previous activities.

 

He looked at them with pure amazement and I was there, sitting and proud of the photographs of nature I took. My hobby that became my part-time job, it was a talent only my friends knew... Even Tao doesn’t know it as we were busy always to even exchange scenes of works.

 

While looking through them, Lay was very expressive on his observations with them and I listened and sometimes only smiled with his unending talking. When he gave it back to me, I accidentally had the chance to hold his hand also and even though it was only a smooth touch, they were warm and soft. I just smiled when I heard him chuckle. I pull up the camera then and asked him, “Can I have some photos of you?”

 

He nodded and when I positioned the camera, he looked through the lens as if he was really staring at me and his lips curved up into a smile. I smirked in a habit and said, “Good.”

 

I snapped several photos of Lay and when I was done, I showed it to him. He was saying he wasn’t that good-looking at all in the pictures but I only patted his head and messed up his hair, saying, “You’re definitely cute.”

 

I see him look down but I immediately saw the redness glowing in his cheeks. I chuckle lightly and knowing this meeting won’t be ending soon, I asked for the waiter and had ordered two cups of coffee.

 

When he finally looked up, I started, “I hope you’re not bored with me yet.”

 

He shakes his head and replies, “Nope, at least not yet.”

 

“So, ask me anything you want,” I said and I noticed that he had already something in mind but only reluctant to ask. I gestured him to just ask it and he bit his lip as he did so, “What happened between you and Zitao?”

 

I was expecting this but still, I was left speechless. He was also having that expression of regretting asking it but I only sighed and finally answered, “Well, I guess it’s time for me to let it out... It’s nice having someone that no one knows our story yet somehow... Let’s see...”

 

He was still obviously regretting the question but I merely saw it when I answered again, “We were seeing each other for almost a year. We broke up three months ago when he told me he’s seeing someone else.”

 

He didn’t express any reaction and only said, “I’m sorry for asking...”

 

I only smiled and continued, “He’s not talkative like you though. Shy, but knows martial arts. Intimidating sometimes but ends up in curled position if ghosts are concerned...”

 

Lay only laughed lightly and I decided to just stop talking about Tao.

 

“You’re definitely still into him,” Lay commented and though I know he didn’t mean anything in that, I was kinda not happy hearing it.

 

“So... leaving that aside, how did you become a photographer?” Lay asked in fast recovery and I unknowingly grinned as I remembered the time I first held a camera.

 

I laugh before I answered, “Would you believe it if I said I fell off a tree when I made my first shot?”

 

He widened his eyes in surprise and I suddenly shifted my position to lean closer as I said the whole event, “No seriously, I mean it. My dad bought me this camera five years ago and I really wanted to take a picture of our house so I went up the highest tree in our backyard. When I was already done taking a photo of it, it came out good and from then I loved photography and studied. But what was really memorable was that my dog suddenly barked and startled the out of me, making me fall on the ground. I remembered my hurting so bad that time...”

 

And then I heard him burst in loud laughter. He was entirely laughing at the whole story and I made added comic words through it and I could see his face reddening and eyes almost in tears. And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid, did I say something wrong? I’ve told this story to... him, but he never smiled and shook his head only.

 

I think it’s strange that you think I’m funny ‘cause he never did. I’ve been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end... For eight months we went out together, Tao never said things about my career or other hobbies. We were in love, yes, and because I loved him, I ignored the simple facts I just now realized that were very important. I ignored how he never complimented any of my works, or laugh on my lame jokes, when he gets angry when I’m home late and then when I am only quiet when he was the one coming home late, and the small fights that came often, but because I love him, I ignored those things back then, which I find now very stupid of me.

 

I was drawn back to the present when I heard Lay stir from his laugh and I suddenly laughed lightly at his reddened face. “You’re really not hard to impress. One lame story of stupidity and you’re already laughing like there’s no tomorrow,”

 

He just then grinned and answered, “What can I say; laughter is what I’m good at.”

 

I was then for a moment curious, “Enough of me then, what about you? What do you do?”

 

“Me?” he pointed at himself as he sips from our newly arrived coffee. I nodded and he only hummed before saying, “I love dancing. I own the dance studio not really far from here, so I walk my way here. I also live upstairs that studio.”

 

“Wow,” I let out and he pursed his lips as he continued, “Not like you, I’m living a free-spirited and very carefree life!”

 

When someone says that to you, it’s either you will feel not glad with those words or feel offended, but I only shrugged as I didn’t feel anything at all. I smiled and voiced out, “I guess that is true”

 

I didn’t notice the time by then as we talked about every random thing that will come up in our conversation, thus leaving us staying for lunch. I really enjoyed Lay’s company though I doubt he feels the same because seeing him answer with his cheerfulness, I wonder if he always lit up the joy in every conversation he has with anybody. I guess I won’t need to beat up Chanyeol later for ditching me.

 

“Oh!” I heard him exclaim and was looking at his wrist watch. I tilt my head and he looked at me with apologetic eyes, “I’m sorry, I was only staying until after lunch. I still have some work to do...”

 

He stands up and I also did. I sighed and answered, “I didn’t mean to take a lot of your time, Lay. I guess I should also go.”

 

Just then he chuckled and said, “I really enjoyed our chat. Perhaps hoping to be friends with you isn’t bad at all.”

 

I returned the gesture and we walked out the cafe together as I answered, “Glad to meet you, Lay. But wait, this isn’t the last time we’ll talk to each other, right?”

 

He shrugs and just held out his hand, “Give me your phone and I’ll give you my number.”

 

I nodded and held out my handphone then and he swiftly worked with the numbers and saved his own number. I smiled at him when he gave it back. “Nice meeting you also, Kris,” he says in a merry tone.

 

We shook hands for the first time and let go easily. We said goodbye and turned around to face different directions. Certain to meet him again, I confidently didn’t turn my back as I proceeded towards my own way.

 

***
 

‘Lay’

 

 


 

That fateful day I finally talked to Kris, I realized he doesn’t look like the snob figure I thought he was. It was definitely nice just talking to him and although I know he couldn’t stop bringing up his recent heartbreak, I don’t find it uncomfortable for me to listen. I was glad I made a friend out of him so I guess helping him out won’t be bad, right?

 

Besides, I was only intrigued about him at first. I am currently single and though I am not desperate, I open myself to possible relationship. But I guess with Kris, being with him is out from my list so I’m just going to stick out with being friends only.

 

But the pumping of heart inside me warns me it won’t be too long...
 

~~~
 

It’s been three days since Wednesday and it’s evening time Kris texted me. For the past free hours I had, one of us will eventually open up a subject until we get lost in our topic and talk about things again. I admit, being close and this talkative towards Kris isn’t disturbing after all.

 

Until we decided to meet up again at the same cafe.

 

I was glad, yes, but that doesn’t mean I like him. Well, I like him, but not in the kind of way you are thinking. And if I am, I’ll keep it to myself because the last thing I want in a relationship is being with someone whom is obviously not moved on with his ex yet.

 

It was nearly 10am as I glanced at my wristwatch and I click my tongue in uncertainty because I was a little bit early. Knowing from Kris’ calls every now and then, I learned that he was most of the time late sleeper because of overtimes in the office. Which means he might be late this day of our meet-up.

 

I sigh as I know I’ll be the one waiting. But I guess waiting won’t hurt when it isn’t going to be long.



 

***

 

 

 

I reached the cafe after walking through the slope of the street but what I saw inside surprised me a little. Walked in expecting you'd be late, but you got here early and you stand and waveAnd then I walk to you.
 

I wasn’t expecting him to come earlier than and his consideration sent butterfly feelings in my stomach. I got near our table and then, though he didn’t need to, I was plainly shocked with all the manners he got. I am not a woman yet why am I treated as one... You pull my chair out and help me in. And you don't know how nice that is,
But I do.

 

“I know your studio’s just near so I decided to come early. I’ll feel guilty if I didn’t come in time,” I hear him laugh lightly as he explained himself and I thanked him for his punctuality.

 

Kris was one person that was worth to keep after all. If only Zitao, whom I haven’t got close that much, treasured him more...

 

From our previous conversations, I also learned that we both worked in an office and got our leisure time with our personal hobbies. Kris grew up in Canada but moved back here to take photography seriously in his homeland. He studies it while worked to get his daily needs. And as for me, I’m just a business graduate working my out while managing the dance studio with Kai and Lu Han, my bestfriend.

 

“Baekhyun’s throwing a party in few weeks, are you coming?” Kris pulled me out of my narration inside my head and I looked at him with a smile only. I nodded as I recalled not missing a friend’s invitation. He had taken his seat across mine then and we look at each other.

 

Though I know Zitao will also be there, I see Kris hasn’t brought him up yet. But if he does, I don’t have a say except for comforting words. It’s not like he needs to avoid certain things because I am just a friend.

 

“What do you think of unicorns?” Kris suddenly asked out of the blue and I raised a brow at him because I am very familiar with an upcoming topic he’s going to tell.

 

He chuckled and said, “I saw your studio when I was on my way to some place and seriously, unicorn?”

 

I pouted a little as I don’t like being poked fun at for liking unicorns and posting a photo of it as my dance studio’s logo. “Well,” I started and go on, “At least be thankful I’m not yet that lame to name my studio as  ‘Dancing Unicorn’ dance studio or else no one will enrol anymore.”

 

But you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. Oh, he looked cute when he laughed. I let out a stifled laugh also and then he stared at me with amused eyes.

 

“Lay Dance School is good as it is, please don’t change it to Dancing Unicorn,” he says in a restraining laughing voice until I decided to let out mine. We just told stories then. About his family, about mine. Friends that we get along to and friends that we both knew.

 

We remained like that until laters and byes were expressed. It was like that. Another days and there we go again, meeting at the same cafe but we decided to take the booth seat as our permanent meeting place. We plainly talked about small things. And slowly, I notice him not bringing up Zitaon more often. We let out our worries and complaints from everyday work. We seemed as bestfriends if not for occasional meetings. Every other day we’ll meet and talk. Sometimes he’ll bring up precious memories of his that became bitter ones now but somehow it decreases day by day.

 

But most of time you could say we only laughed at each other’s lame jokes. I don’t even know the difference of lame or not anymore.

Until one day, when we were ranting about the party that coming in short notice, I was sulking at my seat in that cafe as he suggested a plan.

 

“Lay, as I said, let’s wear same colored outfits!” he exclaims and I frown, answering, “Why should we do that? Chanyeol’s just going to make fun of us, and maybe Xiu Min too... and the others...”

 

“Well, firstly because we’re friends and very close friends and that I just want to show Chanyeol we’re that close because I learned from Suho that he bet 100$ that we will never get along.” He simply replied and I stared him only, jaw-dropped.

 

“And you just want to pissed him of,” I added and he nods in agreement.

 

I sigh in defeat and laughed at his idea. This guy surely has some issues with his head. When I finally stirred, I look at him again and the way he looked at me with those mused eyes made me feel suddenly awkward. I don’t have something in my face I know because I haven’t touched the dessert I ordered nor drank my coffee yet.

 

I looked down at my hands on the table and he asked me if I was okay.

 

And you don't know why I'm coming off a little shy. But I do... I gather up and looked back to you and I smiled assuredly, “I’m okay. It’s just your-... nevermind. Fine, I agree with the color thing.”

 

The grin I thought of handsome the first time I saw it came to show again and I couldn’t help but return the action. “So what color do you want?” he asks in inquiry and I immediately answered, “Purple.”

 

“That’s so gay,” Kris replies back and I only scoffed at him, “As if you and I aren’t one.”

He sighed and just shrugged it off, “I was only joking... Fine. So what time will we meet before the party?”

 

“Let’s just meet there. I’m sure I’ll find you.” I make a face as I am really guessing if this party is supposed to be us as date. I’ve been ignoring my abnormally beating heart for the past few days and this time it might just burst out. I’m starting to like Kris and it is not supposed to be like that. I like him but I dunno if he’d moved on with Zitao.

 

He loved him very much after all and I don’t think I stand a chance with a severed broken hearted man like Kris. God I can’t take this. Perhaps I’m not lucky with love after all and will die a bachelor.

 

“Okay. Guess this will be our last meeting before the party then.” Kris stands up from his seat as we know we’re both going to our own dealings again. “Though I brought my car with me this time because I need to meet Chanyeol at the town square in awhile,” he added and I nod in understanding.

 

“I’ll walk you to your car then since it’s my way to the studio also,” I offered and we go out the establishment.

 

We were slowly making our way to his car when he started, “Hey, I almost forgot. The other time we met, I saw you holding a notebook. What was that for?”

 

I contemplate whether to say the reason then or not until I sighed and answered, “I’m kinda into writing songs also...”

 

“Really?” he sounded amused and I stare up at him, he smiled softly and asked, “You write love songs?”

 

“Y-yes,” I answer timidly and he commented, “You haven’t told me about that. I thought we were close to each other.”

 

I scrunched up my forehead and answered stubbornly, “Because my writing is not yet polished. Besides, I only write them based on imagination of love because I myself believe in the illusion of it.”

 

He laughed and answered, “Love, huh. It’s not imagination; you’ll surely feel the real thing someday.”

 

But how is that possible when I was waiting for him on that ‘someday’. I guess I really lost it with this man.

 

“Love songs are my favourites. They sometimes make me feel in love even if I am not,” I said half-jokingly as I chuckle at the end of my sentence.

 

I noticed him just smiling meekly then and I frowned. “Something’s wrong?”

 

He shook his head and answered, “No, it’s just... I also like love songs but he-,”

 

I knew then that he was going to mention Zitao. Oh, now it hurts. At first it didn’t, right? But now that I realized I fell for Kris, I guess it’ll be hypocrisy if I told you I’m not hurt.

 

I decided to divert the subject when I knew he won’t be continuing his sentence soon enough, “You know that movie in that picture?” I suddenly pointed the tugged out old poster at the brick wall, where graffiti is played on, next to the parking lot. It was a comedy/romantic movie and Kris tilts his head in a no.

 

“That movie is great. My family and I had watched that for the past 3 Christmas already.” I said proudly and there I noticed his face turn to something I couldn’t decipher. It was like he was thinking other things that are not related to what I said at all.

 

There I saw him smile. A smile that shows a resolution to something I don’t know what. He looked at me and felt gratitude towards that look but he only said sheepishly, “Really? I’ll watch it sometime.”

 

I nodded and I know I was blushing since Kris was so freaking cute after all.

 

We reached his car by then and I thank him for his time again before he made a sudden gesture that made my ribcages go broken because of the stupid heart that is making its way out.

 

“Thank you, Lay,” he just said in my ears as I was already pulled in a tight hug. It was a friendly hug alright but it was making me crazy especially his breath was blowing on my neck. I haven’t moved at all until he lets go and only smiled.

 

“See you tomorrow.” He waves a hand and got inside the car. I just nodded at him before saying goodbye.

 

He looked at me one more time and his stupid smile is gagging the out of me. Until he started the engine and disappeared from my sight.


 

***

 

‘Kris’
 

 

 

 

 

And we walked down the block to my car and I almost brought him up. But you start to talk about the movies that your family watches every single Christmas and I won't talk about that... Then I realized for single split of second how I only thought of Tao as a memory of my past now. He was now only a part of my past. Why didn’t I realize it sooner? On how I don’t feel any pain in my chest whenever I think of him and our time together.

 

And do you know what made me stop from talking about him? It wasn’t because it still hurts for me to think about him but because I realized I don’t feel anything for Tao anymore.

 

It was all because I just needed someone to talk to.

 

For the past three months I haven’t consulted any of my friends about the breakup and kept it all to myself. Then there came Lay that fill up the empty feeling of hoping for a companion.

 

But I need to confess. Although I used Lay as an excuse to distract myself, I have also understood now how I forgot that purpose when I’m already around him. How he changes the air around us with his casual self and how he was very comfortable to be with.

 

I don’t know what this is but I wanted to take it slow.

 

I only wanted him by my side now.

 

Now I think I might begin again from scratch.

 

And for the first time, what's past is past...

It happened all in that simple step I took towards that place. When I thought it will take so many more months to get past my pain, but on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again.


 

***
 

‘Lay’
 

 

 

 

 

The party was already starting and I went out to the poolside to see crowd in the dancing area. I bumped on few friends and chatted minimally before I go looking for someone again. I saw Baekhyun dancing with Kai and Kyungsoo, and Lu Han just skipped towards Sehun. Xiu Min was chatting with Chen then and I shifted towards another direction.

 

“Lay!” I heard someone call me and I turn around to see Kris approaching.

 

But the figure behind him made me feel anxious to greet back.

 

“K-Kris, hi,” I stammered but smiled anyways. I was wearing a see-through purple dress shirt since this is a pool party but Kris wore his in much more appealing way. And then I realized we are wearing same colored upper outfit while Zitao was with us.

 

“Hi Lay,” Zitao waves a hand and I just smiled, again.

 

Kris then held my arm and turned to Zitao, “See you, Tao.”

 

Zitao only nodded and Kris then dragged me to the bar. “Chanyeol!” Kris called out and the man turns around to see us. He widened his eyes and Suho was already smirking beside him. Me and Kris were obviously were close to each other.

 

“You just made me lose 100$!” Chanyeol whined and Suho was already bringing out his palm. Kris was laughing and I couldn’t afford not to chime in. Chanyeol groaned in dismay as he pulls out his wallet to give Suho his bet money.

 

“I hate you...” Chanyeol feigned a sob and exclaimed, “I’m just going to dance with Baekhyun!”

 

We watched him make his way as the crowd started cheering again. Suho was laughing with his victory prize and Kris had let go of me.

 

“Now I’m going to Baekhyun’s casino room, see you later guys,” Suho waves his hand holding the money in a fan as he darts his way inside the house.

 

Kris and I were left in the bar side and then he was staring at me with eyes full of... freedom? Err, Happiness?

 

“Lay, I have something to tell you...” he started and I held my breath.

 

He was with Zitao awhile ago, right? Does that mean they got back together?

 

“What?” I asked in a small voice and he smiled contentedly, “I talked to Zitao awhile ago. Guess what, those painful memories were not painful at all. Not now anymore...”

 

I didn’t know how to comprehend that.

 

“I was thinking of a closure and I didn’t know how to do that because I’ve been avoiding him for the past three months. And then... when I met him earlier... All these months I thought I’ll just get hurt by seeing him, I realized I thought wrong... We talked casually... and we finally talked about it being a closure.” He was saying those words as he pierced his eyes through me.

 

His expression was saying the truth after all. He looked like he had lifted a burden and that is the same for me when I heard the ‘closure’ part.

 

Perhaps, it won’t take long for me to hope for Kris’ heart then.

 

If Kris is ready, of course. I am not that desperate. Okay, only a little. I like... I love him after all.

 

“Thank you,” he suddenly said and gently, I smiled at him and shook my head, “You didn’t have to thank me.”

 

“But I do,” he says out and I chuckled at his statement.

 

“So I guess Kris is now free of the ghost of Huang Zitao’s heartbreak?” I asked jokingly but nervously and he just shrugged. And laughed.

 

“I guess I am,” he simply answered and caressed my cheek.

 

Huh?

 

He just smiled warmly before pulling away again.

 

“Let’s go. The party is going to be wasted without us celebrating also,” he exclaimed in an extra loud voice when the music blasted in high volume, indicating the high feeling the party was offering.

 

I scoffed at him but took his hand anyway and we joined in the crowd.
 

~~~
 

“10am, at the cafe, today’s Wednesday.” I read on my message entre and I confidently took my leave from the studio since the youngsters are done with their lesson for now.

 

I walked, and almost skipped my way to the cafe.

 

Ever since the party, although it is wrong to hope, I know I stood a chance.

 

Suddenly, for the short few weeks, I remember the things I got as I entered the cafe.

 

Walked in expecting you'd be late. But you got here early and you stand and wave, I walk to you.
You pull my chair out and help me in and you don't know how nice that is, But I do.

 

I chuckled as I made my way to the booth where he was already waving.

 

“Hi,” I greeted and he smiled back, “Morning.”

 

You've been spending the last eight months, thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end.
But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again.
Believe me when I said I’ll always wait if you won’t be able to come earlier than me...

 

I sit at my usual spot and the same coffee we order is already served in the table.

 

We look at each other and suddenly, we laugh at our awkwardness.

 

We tell stories and you don't know why, I'm coming off a little shy. But I do...

 

I stir into small laughs until I asked you, “Would you date again if you found someone interesting?”

 

“I would,” you straight-forwardly answered and I almost choked for your bold answer.

 

I fidgeted in my place not knowing what to say for the first time when you suddenly called me, “Lay.” I look at you and you were smiling, and asked me, “Are you trying to say something relating to that subject? I’m not used to you being quiet...”

 

Although I wanted to smack you for your suspicions, I’m also glad my feelings are not ignored.

 

I smiled, knowing it came out shyly, and asked, “Do you take things slowly?”

 

Though that wasn’t the words I wanted to say, it just came out naturally since I don’t really know what say anything else.

 

But then, Kris stood up, rested his one hand on the table for support, while the other one... held my chin up. I could feel blood boiling. And his warm hand travelled to caress my cheek, and leaned down to plant a kiss on my lips.

 

I closed my eyes in response and kissed him back.

 

I didn’t see things like this. But what I felt within that kiss was so true and sincere that when he pulled away, he looked me in the eyes and whispered, “Only give me time to prove myself and I know you’ll be head over heels for me. I don’t know why but I’m not giving up on you , not this time,”

 

I only smiled and I wanted to say “I already am” already but I wanted to see how things went first. I cunningly smiled at him again and only answered, “Let’s see then.”

He smirked before kissing me again.

 


 

Thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end,
But on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again....

 

End.


 

 



 

A/N: Taylor’s song just kept repeating in my head and in my iPod so I needed to make this into a oneshot. And I chose Fanxing pairing!!! Well, if you find it lame or what because nothing exciting happened, I accept. But hey, I know it’s too simple but comments are so much much loved! Ciao~