We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

 

"Jessica-shi, you may leave now. You've done enough work for today." said Jessica's boss, excusing Jessica from work for the day.
 
"Thank you Mr. Park." said Jessica and bowed to her boss as he walks away.
 
Jessica quickly organized her papers and put them away neatly in a pile of other paper work.
 
Jessica head down to the parking lot and searched for her car. Once she found her car, she saw her sister Krystal waving her arms and jumping up and down.
 
"Unnie! Unnie annyeong!" said Krystal and ran up to her sister and gave her a bear hug.
 
"Yah! Put me down!" said Jessica. Krystal immediately followed Jessica's order.
 
"Just because you're taller than me doesn't mean you can pick me up like that." scolded Jessica while straightening her clothes.
 
"Anyways, what are you doing here?" asked Jessica, curious about why her sister is at her work place.
 
"Well, since it's the weekend tomorrow and you don't have work, I thought we could have some sisterly bonding time and go shopping!" said Krystal excitingly.
 
"But I don't have money on me... And you don't have a job yet..." said Jessica sadly. She wants to go shopping but she didn't have money at the moment.
 
"Luckily for us, mom gave us money so we could spend time together!" said Krystal waving a bunch of hundred and fifty dollar bills in Jessica's face.
 
"WOAH. Mom gave us $500?!?" said Jessica, counting the money.
 
"THANK YOU MOM!!!" screamed Jessica and Krystal at the top of their lungs and got into the car and headed to the shopping mall.
 
 
 
 
[At the shopping mall]
 
"Here, you take $250 and I get $250. Go shop till you drop and meet me in the parking lot by 8 okay?" instructed Jessica and gave her sister freedom.
 
"Finally, we meet again." said Jessica with a big smile, facing the display window of a clothing store.
 
Jessica was just about to walk into the store until she heard a very familiar voice she used to love.
 
"Jessica. I-Is that you?" said the voice.
 
Jessica turned around and saw the owner of the voice. At first she wanted to punch the person for having the nerve to talk to her after breaking her heart but she held her posture and tried to be the bigger person.
 
"Ah, hello Taeyeon. Long time no see." said Jessica with a flat tone in her voice.
 
Taeyeon looked at Jessica up and down and smiled.
 
"You haven't changed much since the last time I saw you." said Taeyeon.
 
Taeyeon tried to give Jessica a hug but Jessica quickly moved away to avoid the hug. Taeyeon felt a bit sad.
 
"So... how are you and... erhmm... Tiffany..." said Jessica quietly. She felt weird yet angry saying Tiffany's name since she used to date her and she stole Taeyeon away from her.
 
"Oh uhmm her... She left me for another person..." said Taeyeon with her head down, avoiding eye contact with Jessica.
 
"Oh really?" said Jessica sarcastically. She figured that Tiffany would jump to another person after dating one person for a while.
 
The two stood there for a while before Jessica spoke again.
 
"Well. If we're done talking here, I have to go." said Jessica. She doesn't want to see Taeyeon's face any longer.
 
Jessica turned around to enter the store, but Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's waist and hugged her from behind.
 
Jessica was surprised. She tried to get away from Taeyeon's embrace, but Taeyeon held on tight so Jessica could stop struggling.
 
"I know I did wrong in the past... If you could give me another chance... I won't make the same mistakes I made." said Taeyeon.
 
Jessica thought about it. She really did loved Taeyeon, but after she left her, she didn't trust her heart to love again. She's afraid that if she ever fell in love again, her heart would break a second time.
 
"I'm sorry, Taeyeon. But I can't have my heart broken again... You broke my heart the first time... I won't let you break it again..." said Jessica. She removed Taeyeon's arms off her and left.
 
"I won't give up! I'll get you back no matter what!" shouted Taeyeon from behind.
 
 
 
 
"Eotteokhae... I don't want to get my heart broken again... I can't trust her again..." said Jessica to herself.
 
Knowing Taeyeon, she knows that Taeyeon won't give up until she gets what she wants.
 
*If I tell Taeyeon that I have another girlfriend already, would she back off?...* thought Jessica.
 
Jessica looked around the store she was in for a person that would pretend to be her girlfriend for a while.
 
After looking around for potential fake girlfriends for about 5 minutes, a tall tan girl walked into the store.
 
*She looks like a good candidate to be my fake girlfriend.* thought Jessica.
 
Jessica walked near her and observed her face.
 
*She has nice facial features too... And she looks like Krystal.* thought Jessica.
 
The tan girl noticed Jessica staring at her. Jessica looked away quickly and pretends to observe the clothes next to her.
 
"Excuse me, but I noticed you were staring at my face... Is something wrong my face?" asked the tan girl.
 
The sudden question made Jessica off-guard. She didn't expect her voice to be so smooth and nice. She liked it.
 
"Uhmm, no nothing is wrong..." said Jessica shyly, trying to hide her flushed face.
 
*How am I going to convince her into being my fake girlfriend...* thought Jessica.
 
After a moment of thinking, Jessica finally approached the girl.
 
"I'm sorry if this question is too sudden, but will you be my girlfriend?" asked Jessica.
 
The tan girl blinked a few times.
 
"Excuse me?" said the girl.
 
"It's just a small favor. My ex-girlfriend is trying to get me back but I can't go back to her, I don't want to go back to her. So I thought that if I told her I already have another girlfriend, she would back off..." said Jessica quickly.
 
The tan girl thought for a moment.
 
"Well, do you think we should know each other's name first before we start dating." said the tan girl and winked.
 
Jessica smiled, understanding that the tan girl accepted to be her girlfriend. She offered her hand to shake.
 
"My name is Jessica Jung." said Jessica.
 
The tan girl shook Jessica's hand and replied: "I'm Kwon Yuri." and smiled.
 
 
 
 
After exchanging names, Yuri suggested that they go eat lunch together to get to know each other more. The two went to the food court and sat together at a table after ordering McDonalds.
 
"So what do you want to know about me?" asked Jessica.
 
"I want to know why you don't want to get back together with your ex-girlfriend." said Yuri bluntly.
 
Jessica didn't expect Yuri to ask that kind of question so she hesitated to answer her, but she did anyway.
 
"Uhmm. She cheated on me with another one of my ex-girlfriend..." said Jessica quietly.
 
"I see... And why does she want to get back together now?" asked Yuri.
 
"Because her girlfriend left her for another person..." said Jessica.
 
"What is her name?" asked Yuri.
 
"Kim Taeyeon..." said Jessica.
 
Jessica got irritated and thought Yuri was only gonna ask questions about Taeyeon.
 
"Are you like a therapist or something? Can you not ask questions about my past love life." said Jessica irritated.
 
"Well, I'm just trying to find out how to help fix your heart." said Yuri sincerely and smiled.
 
*I also want to capture your heart and make you mines.* thought Yuri. Yuri actually began falling for Jessica once she saw her. It was love at first sight.
 
Jessica smiled at the thought that this stranger she just met today actually cares and wants to help.
 
"Thank you very much Yuri for trying to help me." said Jessica.
 
At that moment, Jessica saw Taeyeon walk into the food court.
 
"That's her Yuri. The short girl who just walked in is Taeyeon." said Jessica, pointing Taeyeon out.
 
Yuri spotted her and nodded.
 
*So that's the girl who broke her heart... I'll make sure she won't come near Jessica ever again.* thought Yuri.
 
"Yuri, put your arm around my shoulders and cuddle me. Taeyeon is coming to us." said Jessica quietly.
 
Yuri did as Jessica told her to do. Jessica's body fitted perfectly under her arm. As Jessica rested her head on Yuri's shoulder, Yuri caught the scent of Jessica's hair and inhaled the sweet smell.
 
 
 
 
Taeyeon spotted Jessica cuddling with a person she does not know. Taeyeon couldn't lose to another person so she head over to Jessica's table.
 
"Hello Jessica." said Taeyeon stiffly. She didn't like how Jessica is cuddling someone else other than her.
 
"Hi Taeyeon. What brings you here?" asked Jessica sarcastically. She knew that Taeyeon came to see who she was "dating."
 
"I didn't know you're in a relationship... at the moment." said Taeyeon. She looked a Yuri with a disgusted face.
 
"I must have forgotten to tell you earlier." said Jessica. "This is Yuri, my seobang." said Jessica and smirked.
 
Yuri silently giggled at the term "seobang". She thought it was a cute nickname.
 
"Can I talk to you for a moment, Jessica?" asked Taeyeon.
 
"Sure but make it fast, I can't leave my Yuri alone." said Jessica.
 
As soon as Taeyeon and Jessica are alone, Taeyeon whispered to Jessica.
 
"What about us Jessica? We were in love. Don't you want to get back together?" said Taeyeon.
 
"We WERE in love Taeyeon. That was in the past. Ever since you broke my heart and left me for Tiffany, I can't love you anymore. I wasted tears on you and I won't waste anymore. We are never ever getting back together. Good bye Taeyeon. I don't ever want to see you again." said Jessica coldly. She gave Taeyeon a cold look into her eyes and waited for her response.
 
Taeyeon sighed. She knows that Jessica will never return to her because of her stupid mistake.
 
"If you feel that way, then I will respect your decision and stay away from you. But I want you to know that I really did love you and I am really sorry for my mistake in the past. Please don't hate me forever." said Taeyeon. A tear escaped from Taeyeon's eyes.
 
"It was nice knowing you." said Taeyeon and stuck her hand out for Jessica to shake, indicating that they will never meet again.
 
Jessica slowly took Taeyeon's hand and shook it.
 
"Thanks for giving me great memories. I will never forget you." said Taeyeon. She let go of Jessica's hand and left without looking back.
 
Jessica thought that now that she heard Taeyeon's heartfelt apology, she can now forgive Taeyeon, but she will never forget how Taeyeon had hurt her.
 
Jessica began to tear up thinking about the great times she had with Taeyeon, but she thinks it is better off without her.
 
After recovering from her tears, Jessica returned to the table where Yuri was seated at.
 
"What did she say?" asked Yuri, curious about why she took so long with Taeyeon.
 
"She agreed to stay away from me now. She apologized for her mistakes for the past..." said Jessica.
 
"And what did you say?" said Yuri.
 
"I didn't say anything... She left before I could say anything." said Jessica.
 
The two sat there in silence. Jessica thinking about the recent conversation with Taeyeon. Yuri thinking about how to get Jessica's heart.
 
"What do you think about her apology? Do you forgive her?" asked Yuri.
 
"I guess I forgive her... But I think it’s better that we don't get back together." said Jessica.
 
*This is my chance to get her to be mines since Taeyeon is out of the picture now.* thought Yuri.
 
"Will you be my girlfriend?" said Yuri.
 
[To be continued]