Fire and Ice

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first time he looked at her, her bright eyes radiated warmth, reflecting his icy cold, dark eyes. He didn't let her in then, afraid to get hurt. It wouldn't be the first time-his family had disowned him for not leaving his friends and girlfriend, betraying friends and girlfriend. They had all left him, alone and helpless with only a small job to support himself.

The second time he saw her, her warm smile hadn't left her face though her eyes lacked the warmth it first had. Her first ever relationship had fallen apart, her boyfriend of five years cuaght cheating. But he wasn't to know that. All Kim Myungsoo knew was that the short-haired woman was sad, but he still couldn't let her in. Not now, and hopefully not ever. He was simply there for work-to serve his customers cake.

The third time he saw her, she was with a group of friends. It had been weeks since he last saw her, and he was strangely anxious to see her warm chocolate brown eyes again. He wanted desperately to know if she was alright, if she was smiling like the first time he saw her. Letting his ice mask melt a little, he gave a half smile at the group of girls, his gaze lingering longer on the petite tomboy. She did not disappoint. The girl was smiling more brightly than before, her warm smile finally meeting her eyes.

The fourth, fifth, and sixth time he saw her, his icy composure melted a little more. His smiles grew wider and his eyes grew less guarded. It was like he was a mot

Please log in to read the full chapter