Guitar Sesh (JamesxAmber)

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

Baffled.

Befuddled.

Bemused.

Bewildered.

Four words starting with the same letter and the perfect description of one Amber Liu at the moment.

The girl had been sitting on the couch in the f(x) dorm living room, just casually flipping through the channels when the doorbell rang. It was strange because all the other f(x) members were out doing variable schedules, and they all had keys to their own dorm. It would be rather concerning if they didn't though, Amber mused as she walked to the door and looked into the peephole.

She instantly did a double take and took a small step back, breathing heavily from the scare she got. When the hell did James get here? Her thoughts were in overdrive as she tried to think of reasons why her boyfriend would be here, standing on her doorstep, guitar case in hand. Sure, they were in a relationship, but he would never just randomly pop up on her doorstep. Not, of course, she was upset about it at all. No, she was glad he was there.

When she calmed down enough, she approached the door again and opened it, schooling her face to look as natural as possible, despite her initial shock.

"Hey James! What's up?"

She flashed him a grin as they hugged and she let him in.

"Well, Henry called me up and said he got you a guitar for your birthday. He also said that you'd probably want to tune up your guitar playing skills, and basically convinced me to come be your guitar teacher for the day," the tall man replied as he returned her grin, his eyes scrunching up adorably.

Wait. Adorably. What. Amber, get yourself together. You don't think that way. Ever. Weirdo llama. 

James chuckled a bit as he watched Amber space out as she had a mental wage with herself. The sound broke the tomboy out of her thoughts and an uncontrollable blush spread through her face as she stuttered and stammered, "Uh, I-I'll just, um, go get my guitar then..."

As she trailed off, she ran off to her room to ostensibly get her guitar, but it was more of a safe haven for her so she could calm down. 

In her rush to get away from the awkward situation (awkward in her own mind, that is), Amber missed the highly amused expression on James' face. She also missed the look of affection in his eyes as he watched her flee the living room, and followed soon after. And so, Amber was shocked once again when she grabbed her guitar and turned around to return to the living room. 

She had not expected a certain James Lee to appear in her room, and right behind her nonetheless. If the man was trying to kill her by giving her heart attacks, he was halfway there. Anymore surprises and her heart would probably go into hyper drive and stop working.

"I just thought we could practice in here," he said, slowly getting flustered as he tried to think of an appropriate excuse and only managed a small, "It's more cozy in here."

This time, Amber was the one laughing, and genuinely at that. She had never seen the confident James get flustered, and he was even slowly turning bright red. It was just too precious to see. Okay, I really need to stop thinking about him like tha

Please log in to read the full chapter