The Pains and Joys of Hugging (Kyungsoo x Amber)

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

It couldn't be that hard to hug one's own girlfriend, right?

Well, one Do Kyungsoo would beg to differ. All he wanted was a solid hug with his girlfriend, but of course a certain tall, Chinese rapper would always be there to interrupt the moment. The vocalist paced EXO's waiting room, his facial expressions darker than usual. It was all he could do to keep from lashing out on Kris on stage. Kyungsoo supposed he couldn't blame Kris for wanting Amber's attention. Hell, he wasn't even the only one to vie for tomboyish rapper's attention. Just look at all the other EXO members; they were all practically throwing themselves at Amber. But Kris. Kris was definitely a problem. He couldn't seem to just get the hint, and it was starting to piss off Kyungsoo. 

Anyone who saw the hug could tell that he had meant for the hug to be strictly between him and Amber. After all, both of his arms were wrapped around her. But not even a millisecond into hugging her, Kris comes along and makes it into a group hug. And of course, the oblivious idiot is smiling as he does this, not even knowing that he is so close to being punched by Kyungsoo. 

Just thinking about it started to rile up Kyungsoo again, and he paced at an increased speed, ignoring his group mates sitting in the room. Most of them were there, save for Chanyeol, Kris, and Tao, who had claimed they needed to use the restroom and would be back soon. And came back they did, only to find the other members staring at a still pacing Kyungsoo. As soon as he heard the door open, he swiveled around to see the three members coming back. He gave Chanyeol and Tao a nod, then glared at Kris. The rapper turned to everyone else with a confused face, and his confusion increased tenfold when he saw the others shaking their heads, warning him not to enrage Kyungsoo even more. But the problem was, Kris himself didn't even know what he did to make Kyungsoo angry.

"Kyungsoo, wha-"

Before he could finish his question however, the door opened again, and all the EXO members members turned to the door to see who it could possibly be. What they weren't expecting, however, was a rather disheveled Amber Liu to come barreling in and hastily bowing at them. Almost as one, the EXO members stood and bowed back. But she didn't have eyes for them as her eyes were trained on Kyungsoo, who only raised an eyebrow at her entrance. Sticking her tongue out at him, she made her way to him and enveloped him in a hug. He stiffened for a moment before returning the embrace, holding her even closer to him. 

"Sorry, Soo. I know we haven't had a proper hug and all, bu-"

He cut her off by placing the lightest of kisses on her lips, effectively shutting her up. His dark mood finally lifted and he chuckled as he pulled his face away enough to see her red cheeks. It never failed to amuse him how the tomboy got so embarrassed by the smallest of actions. Placing his head on top of hers, he closed his eyes and murmured, "It's fine. I'm still going to punch Kris, though." 

A choked laughter came from Amber whereas Kris gave a loud cry of protest. At the sound, the couple turned to the others, temporarily having forgotten that they were in the presence of the rest of the EXO members who were currently

Please log in to read the full chapter